Alignment of the two window screws on your ProVari?

Are the window screws on your ProVari lined up?

• Line up perfectly!

• CLOSE ENOUGH.

• Not lined up.

• No, but I just lined them up myself.

• I don't even have a ProVari, I'm just here to troll.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the window fasteners on your ProVari aligned, or at least, close to aligned?

The ones on mine are close enough for me to think the assembler set them this way on purpose. More than likely, when assembled, they use a screwdriver that has a pre-set torque, but I can't help but think they still might tweak them to line up.

I'm hardly OCD, but I like to line fasteners up on things like this - an example would be flathead screws on light switch and power outlet striker plates.

Attachments

• provari_screws.jpg
    provari_screws.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 184

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The photo is confusing. It looks like the window is recessed...
My screws don't have the X + perfectly aligned, if that's what you mean - but they're flush with the body, as is the screen.
MY kind of OCD would say - "leave it alone! if you want the screw heads aligned, one would have to be too tight or too loose!".

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
The photo is confusing. It looks like the window is recessed...
My screws don't have the X + perfectly aligned, if that's what you mean - but they're flush with the body, as is the screen.
MY kind of OCD would say - "leave it alone! if you want the screw heads aligned, one would have to be too tight or too loose!".
That's what I saw. Window looks recessed and looks like any liquid could leak in. I'm looking at my Provari and can't see anything that recessed. :blink:

That's what I saw. Window looks recessed and looks like any liquid could leak in. I'm looking at my Provari and can't see anything that recessed. :blink:

Yeah, it's the picture. One of the first things I did when I unwrapped it was inspect the fitment, especially of that window. I'm pretty particular about feel, which is one reason I chose to go with a ProVari. Same reason I use mostly Snap-on tools, and why I returned the first iPhone I had (a 3GS - the chrome trim wasn't perfectly flush with the plastic body).

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
Yeah, it's the picture. One of the first things I did when I unwrapped it was inspect the fitment, especially of that window. I'm pretty particular about feel, which is one reason I chose to go with a ProVari. Same reason I use mostly Snap-on tools, and why I returned the first iPhone I had (a 3GS - the chrome trim wasn't perfectly flush with the plastic body).
Yup love my Snap-On tools....and Provari. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread