All 808 D-1 are not created equal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I have a PicCig, which is working well using the Mega (808D1) cartos as well as standard size 808D1 cartos. I can also use an adapter (D1 bat to D2 cartos), successfully on the PigCig to use up some D2 cartos.
I just rec'd (generic) KR808D1 manual batteries, and a KR808D1 USB passthrough.
For the manual batteries and the PT:
The Mega cartos have NO air flow (tongue actually gets pulled /stuck against tip on carto).
Same with the adapter when I try to use the D2 cartos.
Only the standard KR808D1 cartos have air flow.

What am I missing?
Is this a known issue , is there a remedy?
(only 3 weeks vaping and I guess I missed something?):?:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
My adapter (D1 batt to D2 carto) does not have the adjustable center post.
Since my initial post:
I put just the adapter (D1 Bat to D2 carto) on the D1 battery- ZERO air flow (it actually creates a vacuum when you take a drag).
There are 4 notches on the adapter's battery end- that are the same depth as the notches on a D1 carto that works, but the width of the notches on the adapter are approx 3/4 the width of the notches on the D1 carto that works.
I would try and make the notches wider BUT the adapter works perfectly on the D1 PigCig Batteries and do not want to screw that up.
So I am wondering if the holes on D1 bats and / or the notches on D1 Cartos are not standardized between manufacturers.
(By the way, my adapter does NOT have the adjustable center post as I have seem on YouTube videos.

The Mega D1 carto, I noticed have only 2 notches on the battery end, which could explain the lack of flow.

Unless someone has a 'fix' for this issue, I guess I will have to ditch by D2 cartos (as I no longer have the D2 batteries)- but it still sucks that the mega cartos won't fit on the generic D1 batteries.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Just to clarify you are talking about the adapter only, like in the link provided, and not the cartomizer itself right? I would hate to see people twisting the battery connector of the cartomizer.

LGD,

Yes I know and support your observations. The KR8s I got could be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread