All flavours taste horrible today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerb

Sep 20, 2011
Canada
Has anyone ever had a day where all their flavours suddenly taste horrible. I thought I had found an ADV......usually I mix up a couple of bottles of 18-20 mg juice then when I need to I just put some into smaller 5ml or 10 ml bottles and add some flavouring. Well I got a shipment of juice so decided I would just make up a 30ml bottle of my favourite flavour, save me from fiddling with 5 or 10 ml's at atime. So procedded to make up the 30 ml bottle of my favourite flavoured juice...........tried it and ..........YUCK it was horrible...........had a very chemical taste to it....so horrible it was unvapable for me anyways.

The calculator I was using said 10% flavour which at the time when I was mixing everything seemed like alot of flavour to be adding, but then again maybe not. Thought maybe it was the nic juice, so today I tried it again with different nic juice............only this time just mixed up 10ml..........and yuck again.

In between yesterdays 30ml yuck and todays 10ml yuck............I tried some of my other flavours like I didn't mind.........and they all taste horrible.

I am in the process of diluting down the 10ml bottle I mixed, thinking maybe 10% flavouring is just more than I like..........but unable to get the yucky chemical flavour out of my mouth and mind.

Thinking of maybe just mixing up some juice with no flavouring and see what that does for me.

Anyone else ever esperience anything like this.

Hondo69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
www.xt9ecigs.com
Yes, I've had those days, and I eventually attributed it to a change in my taste buds. But the difference is I never really got the chemical taste you mentioned. For me, it was more like the flavors were dull and flat. My "cure" was to go to a minty flavor for the day, that always tastes good.

My guess is you got a bad ingredient and you're following the right hunch by trying to isolate the culprit. And unless you've got a perfectly clean atty or carto some leftover residue will be in these items, so you might try the smell test.

I mix flavors a lot and they normally come out pretty tasty. But sometimes I get a real pooch. If I can't tell right off the bat which one is the trouble maker I get out a paper towel. I put a few drops of each flavor in separte corners of the paper towel and let them sit for a minute or so. Then I smell each one a few times and typically one will have a hint of whatever makes my brain hurt.

Hope this helps.

kerb

Sep 20, 2011
Canada
Thanks alot for the feedback. I was working with all new carto's each time and new equipment to mix...then tried the menthol.....but even that didn't help take the chemical taste away.

In the smaller 10ml that I mixed up I diluted it to 20ml without adding anymore flavouring............got less chemical taste and closer to what I was vaping before.............so this morning added another 10ml of unflavoured to it. Would rather vape weak tasting stuff than that horrible chemical tasting stuff.............man it was the worst yet!

Will try it in a bit and see if it is better.......but atleast the 20ml that I have now....which is if I am correct mixed at 5% flavouring is vapeable. And if I am right I have now taken this mix down to rougly 3.33%. So hopefully that will be better. Hahaha should have went with my gut instinct when I thought the 10% was way too much! lol

MPage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I have also had some "dull and flat" days but we just walk through them- no choice! Cannot and will not go back to analogs. I kind of wonder how they would taste now, but I do not plan to find out. The closest I get now is to linger a bit around a smoker, but at the same time I am wondering how I did that for over 46 years- yuck.

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've definitely bought and mixed some juices that just tasted terrible, then after a week or so away from them, they were good. Not sure if it's a result of steep time or if my taste buds were just off that day.

Also, I recognize that depending on the situation I am in, different flavors have a different impact on my tastebuds. If I'm out with the guys having some beers, I prefer stronger, higher TH flavors; if I'm relaxing at home it's generally a fruity, relaxed, low-nic low TH juice.

If I'm trying a new flavor, and it tastes crappy after a hotwing massacre at the local wing joint, I'll put it aside and try it again later in the day or another day when my mouth isn't burning. On a good football night, when I've got a decent beer buzz going, my favorite vape might taste weak and crappy.

I guess my point is that our own individual tastebuds are different, and will change based on situations and sometimes just the day or the mood we woke up in. If you're sure you mixed em the way you usually do and that none of your ingredients have gone bad, close em up and set em aside for a few days, then fire em up again. Ya never know what they'll taste like in three days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread