All To sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Hey guys, I'm new to vaping and new to ECF. I've been vaping for about 2 months and I am happy to say I haven't smoked any real cigarettes in that time. The problem I'm having is finding the right juice for me that I can use as an everyday vape. I've tried all sorts of juices from Johnson Creek, Vermillion River, Vaperite, Pink Spot, and many more. I am finding that most of the flavors I have tried are far to sweet for me. I understand that I probably wont be able to find a juice flavor that mimics tobacco perfectly. I bought a bottle of Organic RY4 from Vaperite and its good but still to sweet I think. Can anyone recommend a flavor that is not so sweet. I am not particular about whether its PG or VG or a mix. I just need something that kinda taste like tobacco without drowning the tobacco taste in sweets like caramel or vanilla. I've tried a few tobacco flavors from Totally Wicked and it wasn't bad, but it didn't quite hit what I'm looking for. I guess it doesn't have to be a tobacco flavor either, just something pleasant but unsweetened.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Hi, welcome to the forums and congrats quiting smoking!!

Lately I have been ordering my e juice from gourmet vapor. They let you create custom flavor and PG/VG ratio options when you order. They have a lot of different tobacco options to add to your flavor.
Halo also has Tribeca, Torque 56, and Prime15 which are also supposed to be really good tobacco flavors.

theguy01

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Cali
FYI, the "RY4" flavor from every vendor is intentionally a sweetened tobacco flavor, and Vaperite's VR4 is definitely on the sweet end of the RY4 spectrum.

Vaperite's House Extracted Tobacco has, to me, the closest-to-a-cigarette taste of anything I've vaped. Their Perique tobacco is spicy but not sweet, too, at least to me.

The Vapenstein London blend from Want2Vape tends to hit people on the dry/not sweet side of the flavor spectrum, although I haven't tried it personally.

There are some lengthy tobacco-flavor threads in the e-liquid forums here, so you might want to try posting there. Some of the veterans who post there have vaped hundreds of tobacco flavors, and can give you way more informed recommendations than I can.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
FYI, the "RY4" flavor from every vendor is intentionally a sweetened tobacco flavor, and Vaperite's VR4 is definitely on the sweet end of the RY4 spectrum.

Vaperite's House Extracted Tobacco has, to me, the closest-to-a-cigarette taste of anything I've vaped. Their Perique tobacco is spicy but not sweet, too, at least to me.

The Vapenstein London blend from Want2Vape tends to hit people on the dry/not sweet side of the flavor spectrum, although I haven't tried it personally.

There are some lengthy tobacco-flavor threads in the e-liquid forums here, so you might want to try posting there. Some of the veterans who post there have vaped hundreds of tobacco flavors, and can give you way more informed recommendations than I can.

Thank you for the info. Are there any RY4's that are heavier on the tobacco end of the spectrum and a little more mellow on the sweet end.
I actually bought the RY4 from Vaperite because I was under the impression that it was on the not so sweet side of the RY4's.

Last edited:

Venusjade

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Orlando
You can always try ECBlend, Custom E-Liquids E-Juice Blends, made the way you like it. They have many any flavors and the ability to create your own. You can choose up tp 4 different flavors to mix and match and if you choose the advanced mix your own option then you can choose the ratio of the flavors put in. I haven't tried their juice yet but am expecting an order any day now so I can't tell you what they are like but their prices are fantastic. 20% off all orders of $2.50 for 5ml so you can make samples up to $8.99 for 30ml. Might wanna give it a go and see if this works for you. :)

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
This seems like something I can get into. Are the Turkish tobaccos typically sweetened? When I was smoking before I smoked Camel Turkish Gold.
You can use Bitter Wizard in commercial juices you have that are too sweet. A little goes a long way. Seperate 3-5 ml and try 1 drop, shake and try so you don't ruin the whole bottle in case it's not a fit for you.

Lambo-

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
Batavia, Ohio
Thank you everyone for the replies, suggestions, and information. I think I am gonna start by giving the Bitter Wizard a go. I have lots of juices sitting around that I may be able to work with. These bottles have been sitting for a while and if I can make use of them with Bitter Wizard that would be ideal. If not, you guys have given me good info to look into other juices that may be more up my alley. Thanx again.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...... I think I am gonna start by giving the Bitter Wizard a go. .....

Another product to check is called vape wizard. It doesn't work on the sweet end but mutes off acidic flavors and rounds out flavors. Humm, how to put this? If you have a flavor that's pretty good but a little to much of the grassy or hay taste, most people would reach for something to sweeten it up a little, trying not to get it too sweet. A drop or two of the vape wizard will round it off some and perhaps save you from adding any sweetener. I hope that made sense lol. You can read about it at the bottom of this page. OneStopDIYShop Partners with Flavour Art

edit: Another thought. Pick up some of the tobacco flavors from flavourart and see if you can rescue some of your juices. If you try that, mix in small batches. I've wasted a lot of good juices trying to rescue bad ones. :vapor: Flavourart tobacco flavors are listed in this pdf. http://www.flavourart.it/grafico tabacco.pdf

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hey guys, I'm new to vaping and new to ECF. I've been vaping for about 2 months and I am happy to say I haven't smoked any real cigarettes in that time. The problem I'm having is finding the right juice for me that I can use as an everyday vape. I've tried all sorts of juices from Johnson Creek, Vermillion River, Vaperite, Pink Spot, and many more. I am finding that most of the flavors I have tried are far to sweet for me. I understand that I probably wont be able to find a juice flavor that mimics tobacco perfectly. I bought a bottle of Organic RY4 from Vaperite and its good but still to sweet I think. Can anyone recommend a flavor that is not so sweet. I am not particular about whether its PG or VG or a mix. I just need something that kinda taste like tobacco without drowning the tobacco taste in sweets like caramel or vanilla. I've tried a few tobacco flavors from Totally Wicked and it wasn't bad, but it didn't quite hit what I'm looking for. I guess it doesn't have to be a tobacco flavor either, just something pleasant but unsweetened.

The best tobacco flavors I have found is Halo, I have also mixed blended flavors for even more tobacco tastes. My favorite is Tribeca and Prime, but the other flavors are good too when blended. I just ordered the Bella and Smooth 8 as well to try from Halo. Others may have suggestions of their fave tobacco's too :) bnrk

Phayah

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
US
Halo's Torque 56 is not sweet. It's a bit of a hearty tobacco with a big TH.
There's a product called 'Bitter Wizard' the DIYers use to nix the sweetness in tobacco flavors. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/224756-stock-flavors.html

Everything in the Halo sampler is good. The flavor is more subtle than most, certainly not sweet, very clean, and decent throat hit. If I wanted to vape tobacco that's what I'd buy. Torque is one of my favorites. The other is Menthol Ice but like I said, not one tasted bad and I'm ridiculously picky.

Personally, I prefer punchy sweet things like cinnamon or a menthol/mint but even so, Halo makes good stuff. It's not something I would vape every day because it's too light but I was impressed. There isn't any other vendor I've tried that hasn't had multiple crappy flavors. For me, liking the taste of every Halo sample was nothing short of a miracle.

I haven't tried Backwoods Brew yet but everyone seems to like them for the tobacco flavors. I would check them out too. As a matter of fact, I will probably try something from there in the near future as well. =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread