Almost everything tastes bad, all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJMag

Feb 13, 2014
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi. Using standard cartos right now (not in a tank) as I wait for my VV 3s to show up. It seems like, all of a sudden, all my filled cartos taste bitter. Not sure I'd say 'burnt' but bitter (obviously taste is subjective). I've got carts with Joosy Fruit, PB & Banana, and Coconut Cream Pie, that all started tasting awful at the same time. I first tried to make sure that the carts were well saturated, but that didn't help. Tossed them out and got a couple fresh ones, soaked them fully, and same deal. What the heck! I've heard of vape tongue, but from what I've read this is more a case of losing the taste of the juice entirely, not a bad taste across the board. The only one that still tastes good is my Siberian Winter (very strong menthol). I hadn't hit this juice in a while. Could it be just that I over did it on those particular flavors somehow? I'd been vaping pretty hard on them the past few days. Any insight would be appreciated.

DanJMag

Feb 13, 2014
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Vapers Tongue! It will pass, brush your teeth and make sure you brush your tongue at least 2 times a day and drink a lot of water!

I see. My first experience with this phenomenon. Question: If I continue to vape the menthol flavour, which still tastes good, will it prolong the condition, or should I cut out the vape entirely for a period?

DanJMag

Feb 13, 2014
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Have any flavors you think kind of suck? Use them while you can't taste to get rid of them. Maybe do a mixture.

See, this is why I did not think it was a case of vaper's tongue. Of all the things I've read about it, it is always said that the sufferer lost the ability to taste their juices entirely, where in my case I can taste the juices strongly, they just taste really bad. Is this the same thing?

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Wow! I just went thru this myself a few days ago. The ONLY thing that tasted the way it was supposed to, was my menthol. So I vaped that for about 2 days, did extra teeth brushing, used a lot of Listerine blue and in about 48 hrs, it was all over with and all my flavors are back to normal. Really was strange!

Of course we have all heard of it but when it hits you, it's crazy!:blink: I didn't expect it to happen to me, because I vape so many different flavors, thought that might help prevent it. Nope.

It's all good now though and only lasted about 36-48 hrs for me.

I have a question for you vets, can this happen more than once?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Wow! I just went thru this myself a few days ago. The ONLY thing that tasted the way it was supposed to, was my menthol. So I vaped that for about 2 days, did extra teeth brushing, used a lot of Listerine blue and in about 48 hrs, it was all over with and all my flavors are back to normal. Really was strange!

Of course we have all heard of it but when it hits you, it's crazy!:blink: I didn't expect it to happen to me, because I vape so many different flavors, thought that might help prevent it. Nope.

It's all good now though and only lasted about 36-48 hrs for me.

I have a question for you vets, can this happen more than once?

unfortunately, yes. it can happen time and time again. vary your flavors and drink beverages so your tongue wont get super saturated with flavor.

i have a certain flavor that i enjoy so much, i can get vapers tongue off of it quite easily now. as soon as i fill up the tank, i just hammer it down uncontrollably lol. by the second tank, i just look at the juice and say "why?"

i do think it happens with certain flavors more than others (perhaps more complex flavors?). and menthol seems to be damn near impervious to vapers tongue. my guess is because menthol is more of a sensation rather than a flavor. i mean, it is both, but its got that dual identity thing going on. my fiance literally vapes nothing but NLV Cold Creek menthol and she never complains of flavor loss. 2.5 yrs of hammering away at that same menthol and still no flavor loss.

unfortunately, yes. it can happen time and time again. vary your flavors and drink beverages so your tongue wont get super saturated with flavor.

i have a certain flavor that i enjoy so much, i can get vapers tongue off of it quite easily now. as soon as i fill up the tank, i just hammer it down uncontrollably lol. by the second tank, i just look at the juice and say "why?"

i do think it happens with certain flavors more than others (perhaps more complex flavors?). and menthol seems to be damn near impervious to vapers tongue. my guess is because menthol is more of a sensation rather than a flavor. i mean, it is both, but its got that dual identity thing going on. my fiance literally vapes nothing but NLV Cold Creek menthol and she never complains of flavor loss. 2.5 yrs of hammering away at that same menthol and still no flavor loss.

I thinks that's what did it to me. Got a new flavor in the mail on Friday and was instantly in love with it. Vaped it darn near constantly over the weekend, and by Monday (long weekend in Canada) I was having the vaper's tongue issue. I'll stick with the menthol for few days and hopefully it will be gone by then. Timing really sucks, too, as I just got a new batch of juice in the mail, with several flavors I am dying to get a 'true' read on. Gave them a quick taste, but can't go by first impressions this time, unfortunately. Have to wait this thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread