Ambition Mods 60W Easy Side Box Mod by Sunbox & R.S.S. or Aspire MIXX 60W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Avape_Dara

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2018
Guangdong, China
www.3avape.com
Ambition Mods 60W Easy Side Box Mod by Sunbox & R.S.S.
Product introduction

Easy Side Box mod 60W by Ambition Mods and Sunbox - R.S.S.with both precision workmanship and high quality.Easy Side Box Mod is all made of SS316 and black Delrin,powered by single 18650 battery (Not included) with 60W maximum output power.The Easy Side can accommodate Atomizers up to 24mm in diameter.The distance between the 510 base and the top of the mod is 29mm meaning RTA tanks with a maximum width of 24mm and height of around 30-40mm Easy Side Box Mod 60W with an easily visible 0.91 inch OLED screen visible from the base. It's coils with resistances from 0.1ohm to 3.0ohm can be fired on the Easy Side Box Mod at up to 60 Watts.The chipset is also a new design by Ambition Mods which they have found to be accurate, stable and reliable.

Package includes:
1 x Easy Side Box Mod
1 x User manual

Aspire MIXX 60W Box Mod
Product introduction

Aspire MIXX Box Mod is a compact and portable box mod that is designed by Sunbox and made by Aspire. It utilizes full metal with CNC process for durability.it is powered by single 18650 or 18350 battery with 60W max output, it supports 3 modes: VW, VV and Bypass, which will meet your different vaping needs better.With ease thanks to the 510 connection at the top that can accommodate tanks or rebuildable atomizers up to 24mm in diameter.

Package includes:
1 x MIXX Mod
1 x 18350 Battery Metal Sleeve
2 x Spare Fixing Screw (For 18350 Battery)
1 x User Manual

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I have recently been looking at both of these mods, and pretty much have the same question. I am curious about how much they weigh relative to each other, and compared to something like a RPM80 Pro? I've been using RPM80 Pros a lot recently, purely out of convenience (in that they are small and lightweight, use easily replaceable 18650 batteries, and perform well enough), but I honestly prefer using mods that can use good MTL tanks, like the Innokin Zenith tanks, instead. Good tanks like that tend to have fewer leak issues, and are just a little more dependable, with better performance in general. Not by leaps and bounds though, unless you are into building and wicking your own coils. I used to be, but it eventually just became too much bother, and I do like convenience.

I find the fact that the Aspire Mixx 60W can be easily modified to use smaller 18350 batteries to be a mostly pointless feature. I used to have a tiny little 18350 box mod, and though I loved the mini size and weight, I found those batteries just don't last long enough. Sure they can easily be changed out, and you can carry several on you at once, but it is just ridiculous how short a charge life they have compared to 18650 batteries, which are just so much more efficient for their relative size. Once devices like the iStick Pico and Vaporesso Swag came out, I never bothered with my little 18350 box mod ever again, and eventually tossed it out as useless - even though I usually very rarely toss out old gear (though I probably should more often).

Both of these devices are fairly new, so it might take awhile to get good feedback on them, especially feedback that compares them to each other. I think the Aspire Mixx 60W has somewhat more chip features relative to the Ambition Easy Side Box, which came out first. They are both designed by the same designer, but built by different manufacturers. The Ambition Easy Side looks like it might be lighter? The Aspire Mixx might have temp control? Innokin has yet to ever come out with (as far as I know) Zenith MTL TC coil heads, so I would probably not use that feature, but might in future.

They both take 24mm or smaller tanks (like the Zenith Mini, etc.), but the location of some of the buttons is different. I think I like the buttons layout of the Ambition Easy Side better, but it isn't that big of a deal to me without getting to tryout both in my hand to see which layout I truly prefer. The Aspire Mixx sounds like it is built pretty ruggedly, but may weigh a little more because of that. I really need to read up on more reviews of these devices to get a better idea which I prefer.

Reactions: 3Avape_Dara

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Okay, wait, sorry, I got some of my facts a little mixed up there. It looks like the Ambition Easy Side is the device that has temp control (TC), not the Aspire Mixx, which apparently does NOT have temp control. The Ambition Easy Side does weigh a little less, at 130g, compared to the Aspire Mixx, which weighs 140g. Not a huge weight different there. A fully loaded Smok RPM80 Pro (with juice in pod and 18650 battery installed) weighs a little over 145g, so it is definitely lighter than either of these side-by-side mods, once they have a battery installed and a tank mounted on them.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Also, for additional weight comparison, an eLeaf iStick Pico I have, unloaded, weighs about 95g, which is lighter than either the Ambition Easy Side or Aspire Mixx. Menu navigation on the Ambition Easy Side is also supposedly much more wonky than on the Aspire Mixx, and not just because the Ambition has the option of temp control. It is simply a worse, more frustrating implementation of menu navigation in comparison. The Aspire Mixx is fairly straightforward with its menu navigation system. 5 clicks of the fire button puts you in standby mode. Holding that button down for 2 seconds after that shuts the device off. When on, 3 clicks of the fire button turns off the screen (stealth mode) and also locks out any wattage adjustment. With 3 more clicks of the fire button you are back out of stealth mode, and can adjust wattage with the little buttons on the side of the mod. You also have a voltage or bypass mode with the Aspire Mixx. The Ambition Easy Side menu navigation implementation is so wonky I won't even bother trying to describe it here because I still don't fully understand it. That's probably a big negative for some people, including me. Neither device has an external charge port, which is fine by me, so no biggie there, but some people might dislike that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread