American Lung Association Puts Leonardo DiCaprio on Blast for Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Mr. DiCaprio was a smoker. He may still be, I'm not sure. He's been vaping at awards ceremonies for a few years now, but I've never seen this kind of uproar until now. There has definitely been an increase in anti-vaping propaganda recently. I suspect its due to the deeming.

Like him or hate him, he vapes for the same reason most of us do, and he's one of us.

But, it is a sad day for our country when we can't even look to the ALA and similar organizations for truthful information about our health.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Perhaps the ALA should be "put on blast" for not understanding that vaping does not cause cancer.
    I believe they do understand/know that. I believe they also understand/know how to get more 'like$'..

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: NOoooo...Just NOoooo

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: NOoooo...Just NOoooo

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    One thing enjoyed upon each visit to a mental health therapist, the taped up sign with a CE4 on an eGo.

"Stop the vape!"

"Still has nicotine, still addictive."

Was there a Chocolate Bar taped next to it? Addictive is addictive. o_O

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    ALA doesn't know?

:blink:

It's their job to know... and take funding from the highest bidder regardless.

ALA might not know....[emoji38]

Tapatyped
    Oh, they know, or at least someone there does. Unfortunately, these organizations have gone from being actual health awareness groups, to bloated bureaucratic behemoths concerned only with keeping the funding flowing.

Red Cross anyone?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Oh, they know, or at least someone there does. Unfortunately, these organizations have gone from being actual health awareness groups, to bloated bureaucratic behemoths concerned only with keeping the funding flowing.

Red Cross anyone?

Even if all Organizations were required a 95% disbursement of funds to their cause, that still leaves 5% x $$$ for some greed driven group to pocket in the name of doing good.
    The bigger the bottom line, the bigger the payday. :glare:

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    East Midlands, United Kingdom
    It's all business now groups might have started out with good intentions but virtually all of them are now businesses in their own right and often solving the issue they originally wanted too would put them out of a job. Welcome to the western world a place full of great intentions and lousy implementation and yet the money keeps flowing within confined channels wouldn't want too much of that money making it out into the real world.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    It's all business now groups might have started out with good intentions but virtually all of them are now businesses in their own right and often solving the issue they originally wanted too would put them out of a job. Welcome to the western world a place full of great intentions and lousy implementation and yet the money keeps flowing within confined channels wouldn't want too much of that money making it out into the real world.

I'm reminded of The March of Dimes. When the polio vaccine came out, that pretty much ended their usefulness. So they fastened on muscular dystrophy as their new target. As far as I know, muscular dystrophy still exists, so I reckon they haven't been as successful with that as they were with raising money for polio. Or maybe the polio vaccine taught them a lesson -- don't be too successful, or you'll be out of a job. :facepalm:

Andria

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    But, it is a sad day for our country when we can't even look to the ALA and similar organizations for truthful information about our health.

Indeed, I am amazed at how much various Alphabet outfits have outed themselves with absolutely preposterous behaviour. Shamelessly it seems but there is blow back. ;)

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    So What is the Biggest contributing Factor?
    The increase in human longevity.
    We're living longer which gives all the other factors time to contribute to genetic degradation, increasing the occurrence of cancers.
    Secondary to that is cumulative environmental exposures which can trigger early-onset cancers, particularly to those that are genetically predisposed.

We've gotten much better about not letting stuff like influenza and tuberculosis and a host of other factors from killing us earlier in life than we used to. (Look at 17th and 18th century death records for reports of "consumption", aka tuberculosis, being the cause of death.)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    We're living longer which gives all the other factors time to contribute to genetic degradation, increasing the occurrence of cancers.
    Secondary to that is cumulative environmental exposures which can trigger early-onset cancers, particularly to those that are genetically predisposed.

We've gotten much better about not letting stuff like influenza and tuberculosis and a host of other factors from killing us earlier in life than we used to. (Look at 17th and 18th century death records for reports of "consumption", aka tuberculosis, being the cause of death.)

Heck, in the 17th/18th centuries, 4 out of 5 children never made it past the age of 5. And people say that vaccinations are BAAAAAAAAAAD... hah!

Andria

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN

Nope.

Those numbers are very similar when you go by age group.

Our exposures have been limited by the onset of groups like WHO who dictate many of them are split up and fed to the entire first world population instead of being concentrated in a small area to devastate a population.

Also, many toxic environments have been cleaned up over the last few decades.

I'd say right at the top would be FDA approved "food" and a serious up and comer would be anything nuclear. The half life of those isotopes vs the danger they represent plus the massive amounts emitted for a singular nuclear "event", bomb or test... well... it's staggering the vast stupidity and ignorance of such brilliant minds to think everything's going to be okay.

If we're not wiped out by a cosmic event before the time comes, nuclear certainly has the potential.

Tapatyped

Coldrake

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    The beautiful Puget Sound
    I haven't read anything that says he was vaping without permission or those near him had a problem there is a lack of information that rules out slamming him for vaping.

Just for the record, I'm not a shamer. I agree that we should we should vape anywhere that vaping isn't banned specifically (I do it too) but to deliberately vape in a crowded space where smoking is banned is just asking for trouble right now while we are under so much fire from the CDC and FDA IMHO.
    Apparently there is a loophole for theatrical production sites.
    "DiCaprio was able to take advantage of Los Angeles' "theatrical production sites" loophole at the SAG Awards,"
    Academy Awards to Leonardo DiCaprio: No Vape for You

Reactions: skoony

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    First time I've looked at that as a possible ... wow, imagine if a guy like Leo spoke out in public to help confirm what we all know about vaping.

Would love to see him respond :)
    Here was my reponse to this article in our local FB group:

"I think they're ....ing with the wrong guy and it might backfire in their faces in our favor. This might be the catalyst that motivates him to set the record straight. He has way more peoples' attention and respect than the ALA and he's the kind of guy that steps up when something that he cares about is threatened. I'm watching this."

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

I'd say right at the top would be FDA approved "food" and a serious up and comer would be anything nuclear. The half life of those isotopes vs the danger they represent plus the massive amounts emitted for a singular nuclear "event", bomb or test... well... it's staggering the vast stupidity and ignorance of such brilliant minds to think everything's going to be okay.

These ^^^^

There is a difference in Hereditary and Manipulated Genetics.

We are the Result {1-n-3} of Human self destruction. We have been manipulated at the DNA level, often for Profit, by people with -0- true concern for anything but the bottom line.

1-n-20 was less than a Century ago.
    1-n-17 was just a few decades ago.

Where do these new Flu bugs really come from and how it is the Vaccines are right on their heals?:blink:
    How can science be so efficient in some areas and totally stumped in others?

$$$Profits$$$

Just because one is paranoid, does not mean someone is not out to get them :lol:

* Note:
    I still miss my Trans-fat Fried Chicken and potato Chips:(
    :D

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    Red Cross anyone?
    I am all for the Red Cross. At least the got the guts to look you in the eye
    before they drain you dry.:D

Has anyone even noticed the Population to Cancer Ratio change?

1 in 20 way back when, to 1 in 3.
    It's due more to the proliferation of testing, the amount of tests available and,
    testing at younger and younger ages. In the old days a lot of people died of
    consumption( tuberculosis of the lungs) or natural causes. Dying from consumption
    appears remarkably like dying of cancer if not diagnosed. Back in the day there was
    not a lot of testing going on and even less of what we would consider treatment.
    What we consider modern medicine today is the result of the advancements
    made in the last half of the last century.
    :2c:
    Regards
    Mike

Reactions: Lessifer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread