Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

Today another review from me, this time the Geekvape Ammit MTL rta. Already quite an oldy in the vaping industry as it was released in the end of 2018, but age does not always matter. Thank you to @Geekvape_Official who sent me this kit for the purpose of this review!

As always I like to kick off with some pictures from the Geekvape website that include specs and parameters of the Ammit MTL rta:

What comes in the box:

1x Ammit MTL RTA
1x Spare glass tube
1x Drip tip ID2mm
2x Coil (1 ohm)
1x Allen key
1x User Manual
1x Spare parts polybag

Like the way the Ammit is packed in the 'oldskool' Geekvape packaging. A plastic box with everything nicely organized inside. Pity that no cotton is included, and it would be nice to see some MTL claptons as well in future MTL RTA packaging.

The build quality of this RTA is outstanding, its the best built RTA I've had so far, and that is including DTL RTA's. The metal has a slightly heavy premium feel to it and the threading on the Ammit is of high quality. The top cap screws on and off very smoothly and the carved in ridges make it easy to do so.

It is in my opinion a perfect fit with the Aegis solo or Mini.

The chamber is nice and small as you would expect from a MTL RTA and it also screws onto the base like a charm. Outer airflow chamber is built close to inner chamber ensuring minimal air passing through the tank.

With it's 4ML capacity you just can’t be dissatisfied, really proper capacity for a MTL tank, and filling it up is mess-free because of the large enough fill holes.

It is easy to take apart the whole tank.

Unfortunately I did however break the preinstalled glass due to too much pressure, it was so stuck to the O-ring and the O-ring to the top part, probably because it has been sitting in the box for some time. Installed a new O-ring and glass and now it does come off without applying too much pressure.

Now my favorite part of the Ammit, the build deck. With its two posts it makes it really simple to put a coil in, screws up, legs in, screws down, and thats it. I haven't had an easier build deck than this one before. I know postless decks are more a thing these days, but for me this one is a great one with posts.

The wick holes are not very big so some proper combing out, especially with a 3mm coil, is really necessary.

Solid flavor the Ammit delivers and the overall vape quality is really good, with the 10 different airflow options you can get a very precise adjustment that is just right for you. I have been using regular 28g kanthal and a 2.5 and 3 mm ID coils.

Placement of the airflow inside the tank is well thought, it allows for placing the coil right above the diagonal hole hitting the coil directly for better flavor.

Airflow ring is turning smooth and has a stopper on each side. There is 5 airflow holes which can be adjusted by either the rings diagonal opening or there is a tiny circled opening with which you can precisely uncover one of the five airflow holes. I am the tight type of MTLer so for me uncovering just the tiniest hole with the circled opening is perfect.

It is also possible to get a tight (close to very tight) but proper lung hit on the Ammit with all airflow holes exposed, but you might be limited with the coils because of the small openings on the posts.

Something I am not a fan of is the driptips, the shape and material are ok, maybe the edges at the end bit too sharp and straight, but don't like the fact the drip tips need to be screwed into this drip tip adapter, you do get two drip tips but just one adapter piece.

Important last thing; had no leaking and no liquid slurping, always nice to not have any of those things.

Final thoughts

A fantastic top airflow RTA that has a premium feel to it because of its thick metal built and top-notch threading.

Easy to build, fill and a pleasure to vape. Delivers solid flavor and with the 10 different airflow options there is a right amount of airflow for every MTL vaper out there.

Perfect fit with the aegis solo or mini, or of course any other smaller single battery or internal battery mod.

An investment you can’t go wrong with in my opinion, you are able to get it for about 25-35$

Geekvape is working on some very new interesting products that will come soon, keep yourself up to date through their facebook: GeekVape

Thank you,

SP013

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Very nicely done review. I've had one of these for quite a while now and honestly don't use it very much. Maybe it's just me but I found it to be finicky on the wicking. If I don't get the wick just right then it floods. I know from past experience with other tanks that you can't let the wick touch the airflow bridge that sticks up on this type of deck. If it does at all then the liquid will flow back down the airflow holes. I'm glad though that they sent you one for review. It didn't seem like it got much attention when it was released. Once built correctly it really is a great rta.

Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Very nicely done review. I've had one of these for quite a while now and honestly don't use it very much. Maybe it's just me but I found it to be finicky on the wicking. If I don't get the wick just right then it floods. I know from past experience with other tanks that you can't let the wick touch the airflow bridge that sticks up on this type of deck. If it does at all then the liquid will flow back down the airflow holes. I'm glad though that they sent you one for review. It didn't seem like it got much attention when it was released. Once built correctly it really is a great rta.
    Thank you :)

Ive had one build where I had much gurgling going on, and that was because the coil was slightly too low and there waa a bit too much cotton. Flooding or leaking I haven't experienced so far after two weeks of use. Maybe take it out of the shoe box and give it another try :)?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you :)

Ive had one build where I had much gurgling going on, and that was because the coil was slightly too low and there waa a bit too much cotton. Flooding or leaking I haven't experienced so far after two weeks of use. Maybe take it out of the shoe box and give it another try :)?

I would think since it's a top airflow tank that it would be near impossible to get to leak unless you were laying it on it's side after having gurgling issues. When I say flooding, I mean that the deck is overflowing with liquid and like you said, it gurgles when you try to take a draw. I do like this tank but just have to pay a little more attention when wicking it. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread. You did do a really great review.

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    I would think since it's a top airflow tank that it would be near impossible to get to leak unless you were laying it on it's side after having gurgling issues. When I say flooding, I mean that the deck is overflowing with liquid and like you said, it gurgles when you try to take a draw. I do like this tank but just have to pay a little more attention when wicking it. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread. You did do a really great review.
    Ofcourse not :) the more open and honest we are about our experiences the better, that will help producers to keep improving their products.

Reactions: hittman

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    @RuiG the tank is intended for MTL and the chamber is probably too small to manage high wattage. Havent tried a DTL build.

What wire do you use that it shorts out easily? With regular kanthal I did not experience any issues.

Not really wattage as high as a normal DL tank. The metal is thick and will not dissipate heat very fast when chain vaping.

The wire needs to be cut really flush with posts. I had it short from .28 to small mtl fused claptons.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread