Ampure EB-1 Competition 35A/80A 18650 Bench Test Results...too inconsistent to rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Tested at 10A-35A constant current. These cells were donated for the purposes of testing. To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18650, 26650, etc.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them. My safety precautions are the ones I have elected to take and you should not assume they will protect you if you attempt to do any testing. Do the research and create your own testing methods and safety precautions.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bottom Line
    In my opinion, the results from testing six cells are too inconsistent to be able to give them a continuous-current rating. Results from four grouped together but two of them performed significantly worse. The best performing ones did very well though.

Continuous-Current Test Results (results for the four cells from the second batch I tested)
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Comments
    • A total of six cells from two batches were tested. While the best performing cells did very well indeed, the results were too inconsistent to allow a continuous-current rating to be determined. Pulsed-current testing was not done.
    • Rust was present on the cases of two of the six cells.
    • All of the cells had a top cap with visible tooling marks. These marks are very similar to the ones seen on the Aosibo 60A cell I tested earlier. These are the only two cells I've ever seen this on.
    • Considering the great performance of a couple of these cells I was disappointed that the results weren't more consistent. I think that if this problem is worked out that these could end up being very good cells!

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread