An itch to try something new. Ok got that. Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9teej

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
Brooklyn
www.youtube.com
I am in my third week of enjoying my ego batts with some 2.8ohm ce2s. I love them but I see so many things I want to try. I want to upgrade/supplement my current set up. Maybe a box mod. Maybe a tube mod. Or maybe just some 1.5ohm DCC's and then dive in the deep end later on with a really nice mod. I'm leaning towards trying the different Cartos rather than getting a smaller/cheaper mod because I know I'll still want a silverbullet (or something in that vein) after I buy a 20$ box mod.

As I am pretty much a newbie I ask advice from the ECF pool of wisdom!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Glad your enjoying your ego's. You could always try out the Ego Dual Coil Cartomizers:

eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Flat-Tip

They hold about 4ml of juice and perform great.

As for what type of mod to go for. It's all up to you and what your looking for in a mod. Personally, I'm a fan of bottom feeding box mods. Such as the REO which gives me everything I need. I don't have to carry anything extra around and it performs great.

If you want a tube mod than there's plenty of options out there. The most popular being the VV models such as the Provari or Buzz Pro. I'm sure others are going to give their opinions on this subject.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The 1.5 ohm DCCs will work on your eGo batts, but they really begin to shine when you can run them at least at 4.2 load volts. I run mine anywhere from 4.3v to 6.0v depending on what juice (some juices scorch easily and some could probably handle even more heat than I can give them).

The silver bullet is a fine mod. My only concern is the makers choice for venting. He uses the button hole as the only vent. I can immagine scenarios where that's not appropriate and I'd much rather see SBs with a couple of at least 1/16 holes drilled in their bottoms... but that's just my opinion. Others disagree.

Since you like the SB, you might look at the kalamazoo triple-v. It is a little bigger than the SB and just as cool looking. It comes in two flavors: One that takes 18650 sized batteries (so it can take stacked 3.0v batts for 6.0v, it can accept the 4.8v ni-mh batts, and it holds an 18650 for 3.7v. -- And the other one that accepts a pair of 3.7v 18350s and is regulated to 5.0v.

there are lots of other really good looking large tube mods around. So, take your time with that decision.

9teej

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
Brooklyn
www.youtube.com
Thanks guys. Still a bit torn between a cheaper mod (vv box from Madvapes; or it's basic equivalent) or waiting and grabbing something like a buzz pro. Hmmm...I think I'm gonna try some cartos that I haven't had and put the deciding off until I do more research. The box mods sound great and cheap but I might as well put that money towards one of the big boys if that's the road I'm gonna head down eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread