Another battery math question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
On 18650 with 3.7v @ 2000mAh, 1.85ohms coil get 1 hour battery life. (3.7v / 2A)
If I bring the resistance down to 1.3ohms and run at same 3.7v, it would be running at 2.84A. (3.7v/1.3ohms)

Question is, how long would the battery last? Would this need to be converted to wattage per hour first or just a straight proportional ratio between amp?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
battery-life-calculation-formula.jpg

So... 2000 ÷ 2800 = 0.71 hours, but either way, you're doing math for continuous discharge, which would not be the case.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thanks. So it would come out to around 40minutes. If we push to .5ohms or below, we are looking at 10 - 15 minutes!
If an average draw is 5 secs, 120 - 180 puffs without any firing overhead. Spread it out to 4 puffs per minute. 30 - 40 minutes per charge?!?! How many batteries do sub ohm people carry? :blink:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks. So it would come out to around 40minutes. If we push to .5ohms or below, we are looking at 10 - 15 minutes!
If an average draw is 5 secs, 120 - 180 puffs without any firing overhead. Spread it out to 4 puffs per minute. 30 - 40 minutes per charge?!?! How many batteries do sub ohm people carry? :blink:
When you find someone who takes four 5+ sec. draws a minute for 15 minutes consecutively... let me know. :p

Depending on the atty and the juice mg/ml of nicotine concentration, which has quite a bearing on the whole thing... I tend to take 2-3 10 second draws, then park it - or pick up another mech/RDA or APV/carto tank, and hit that a few times. By then, I'm good for at least 20-30 minutes.

Seriously, I think you may be putting too much concern on the whole issue. Most the sub-ohmers I know, myself included, do it mostly at home. I seldom carry a sub-ohm out, and if I do, it's usually a Russian 91% or KFL+ with a just a 0.7~0.9Ω coil. Usually, my walkabout rig is a MVP2 with a 2.0Ω IKV in a IBT carto tank. ;)

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
When you find someone who takes four 5+ sec. draws a minute for 15 minutes consecutively... let me know. :p

Depending on the atty and the juice mg/ml of nicotine concentration, which has quite a bearing on the whole thing... I tend to take 2-3 10 second draws, then park it - or pick up another mech/RDA or APV/carto tank, and hit that a few times. By then, I'm good for at least 20-30 minutes.

Seriously, I think you may be putting too much concern on the whole issue. Most the sub-ohmers I know, myself included, do it mostly at home. I seldom carry a sub-ohm out, and if I do, it's usually a Russian 91% or KFL+ with a just a 0.7~0.9Ω coil. Usually, my walkabout rig is a MVP2 with a 2.0Ω IKV in a IBT carto tank. ;)

I chain vape, so maybe not a good example. :)
It isn't a concern (as batteries are cheap), but a curiosity. I like some of my juice at .8, so I can see why some people are doing it. But, like you, I rotate through many other toppers throughout the day. So, I don't notice the battery discharge rate that much.
But I am seeing lots of sub ohm users touting it is the only way to vape!?! If I used just the sub ohm topper all day, I would be going through a dozen or more batteries a day. :?:
So, trying to figure out if the sub ohm just a quick picker upper or truly an all day vape topper.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So, trying to figure out if the sub ohm just a quick picker upper or truly an all day vape topper.
I guess then, the question to ask, in the Rebuildable Atomizer Systems sub-forum... who sub-ohms all day, in doors and out, 24/7 etc etc bla bla bla.

I don't think you'll get too many deep sub-Ω RDA types to say "hey! that's me!" - more folks running 0.7Ω and up, in assorted pressure differential RBAs and gennys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread