Another squonk mod from Lost Vape... this time a mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
First review I've seen for it. Good view of the internals and firing mechanism.

I'm going to be a negative Nancy here. That's a lot of disassembly to get to the contacts. And the contacts are plated. Arcing will eventually eat through plating. Then there's those silly little springs; what happens if you lose one?

That said, I'm a huge fan of the shape, and it's cool that it accommodates 21700s; but I think it could have been far simpler from a maintenance standpoint if they'd gone with a top firing button and made the contacts out of 50 cents worth of solid silver.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is a squonk I wouldn't mind holding, and I don't say that very often. However, alas, I'm not starting squonking on a mechanical, I'm just not.

With that said, it appears to be the year of the squonker, for reals. I'm pretty sure one will come along that floats my boat. It's a good thing I'm willing to be patient, because seems like a lot of innovation in all sorts of ways is coming down the pike. IF I ever buy a squonker it's going to have to check every single one of my boxes and etc.

But, it's a lovely looking device that is for sure. Perhaps if I were less shallow, I could be squonking now but it's an area where I am totally fine with holding out a bit longer.

I will be requiring it to be regulated, but also not a POS. So far, the dotmod squonk is doing it for me, but again.... Sigh.

I just don't see the value of putting a bottle of juice next to a battery as the greatest way to foray in to squonking and etc. I'm having a hard enough time with the idea of a bottle of juice inside my mod, period. I know it's fine, they're designed for it and all, but yeah.

Universe, make the perfect regulated MTL squonking kit that's regulated and doesn't look so odd, I'll be all over it. LOL.

Anna

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Todd’s review showed me what I need to know. It’s a true mech, good battery and Bottle system, and if I get a 24mm topper in the future it will fit. Out of all the new squonkers coming out, this is the one that interest me. I love my Inbox, but it could very well be the last regulated I buy.

Reactions: stols001

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Disappointed they went with plated button plate with brass caps. That should be brass as well. Same with the fake carbon fiber tube. I hate carbon fiber and I hate it in sticker form even more. Would prefer brass to match up with the caps. Cutting corners like that on a mod with such potential to be great was a bad move. All those complaints aside I still preordered one :)

Hope to eventually see the black/stainless as well as some spare parts to swap.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
After watching Todd’s review, I’m not interested. Too much disassembly to get to the contacts, the button and the brass plated parts, the contacts are plated, and the tiny springs. All of the above suggest that it’s a bad idea. It would have been better if they doubled the price and did a decent job instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
After watching Todd’s review, I’m not interested. Too much disassembly to get to the contacts, the button and the brass plated parts, the contacts are plated, and the tiny springs. All of the above suggest that it’s a bad idea. It would have been better if they doubled the price and did a decent job instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kindof agree with you here. As far as mechs go it is pretty messy. Makes me appreciate my CCs even more, as well as my pulsars, which have a more complex (but well done construction) as well and are completely modular.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I've owned this mod for a week now in brass and Amber ultem .. Tbh less than impressed.. It wasn't firing without really pushing the fire button... Took it apart and the contacts were a bit black... Cleaned them up... Better.. Its a bit creaky on the body which annoys me. . Its not the sort of mod to use as a daily work horse, so it's kind of in between posh home mod and too scared too drop it... Its also heavy with a 21700 in... So not sure whether to sell it or keep it...

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Apparently lost vape arent doing the ss top and bottom for the foreseeable future...something to do with suppliers i believe..

The SS/Black is being offered right now in some group buys on fb so I assume it will show up on all the major vendors soon enough.

• Useful

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I've owned this mod for a week now in brass and Amber ultem .. Tbh less than impressed.. It wasn't firing without really pushing the fire button... Took it apart and the contacts were a bit black... Cleaned them up... Better.. Its a bit creaky on the body which annoys me. . Its not the sort of mod to use as a daily work horse, so it's kind of in between posh home mod and too scared too drop it... Its also heavy with a 21700 in... So not sure whether to sell it or keep it...

I really dislike the switch/contact assembly in it. Way too intricate and delicate for a mech. I'm thinking about modifying mine towards something more suitable for a mech because I do like everything else about it. I have much better gear for daily use so even if I messed up the furyan by trying to "fix" it I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread