Another stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymousirishvaper

Apr 7, 2018
the glass of my Prince tank cracked, I put sello tape around it and elastic bands at the top and bottom, it’s a temporary fix but I still plan to use it while I wait for the replacement to deliver. Will this be okay to use?will it leak no matter what I do? Will it ruin the coil? I’m fairly new so I’ve no clue whatsoever

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with above. It will still likely leak, but it won't do any harm unless it leaks on your mod's electronics. If the tank is no longer air/liquid tight, the tank won't work properly.

Always have a backup. Backup battery. Backup battery device. Back up coils. Backup tank.

Never give yourself an excuse to buy another pack of cigarettes. They are too easy to get.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My money is on it will leak.

I had a tank glass that got a single crack so it held together fine. I also had tank bands on it to help protect it in a fall (I think this must've been a heat or a pressure thing that caused it to crack). I'd fill it fine and then later it would randomly dump.

The tape goo may help plug the crack long enough before the liquid breaks the goo down.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Check the box your tank came in, it should have came with a replacement glass. It's only 5ml, but it will work better than the McGyver setup.
the glass of my Prince tank cracked, I put sello tape around it and elastic bands at the top and bottom, it’s a temporary fix but I still plan to use it while I wait for the replacement to deliver. Will this be okay to use?will it leak no matter what I do? Will it ruin the coil? I’m fairly new so I’ve no clue whatsoever

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It should leak, yes. Use the replacement glass while you are waiting on your order. Otherwise you will just be wasting juice and exposing your mod to the possibility of a leak.

Best of luck, McGuyvering may work under certain circumstances, but probably not in this one.

I also kind of go "ewww" any time my tank breaks or cracks and I just worry about glass pieces. It's not really a "logical" worry, you aren't, in all likelihood going to be inhaling glass shards (probably) but I just.... the idea of using a cracked tank is so unappealing, in so many ways.

When you can afford it, a backup, then a backup for your backup.

Best of luck though I hope you get it resolved soon.

Anna

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
It will likely leak, but you're the only person in a position to find out how much it will, because while all happy tanks are alike, each unhappy tank is unhappy in its own way. I'd second the recommendations about not leaving it on a mod when not in use, and having backups. I'd store it in a high enclosed place in a container that will catch any leaked fluid when not in use, until you can get a replacement- but I have cats who get into everything I don't specifically put out of their reach. I'd use the container even so, so you know how much it has leaked overnight.

And if you get juice on your hands wash them, especially before touching children or pets. Probably no biggie, but better safe than sorry.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread