Answer me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
I've been proudly vaping now for a couple years now and I'm still trying to figure things out.

Ohms & VV/WW

I have a few VV mods 2 with WW and what I don't get is why is there a option for both? Do we need VV when you can run WW?

Now my real question I have these VV/WW mods running on Protank 2 and ever since I got into vaping VV mods I always buy the 2.5+ cartos. I have a iClear 30s w/ 2.1 ohm that I blast @10W and its great but my Protank w/ 2.5ohm and same 70/30 mix can go above 7ww.

And when I was placing orders for coils I bought a box of 1.5ohm for the PT2 to use on my EA mech mod but I get NO FLOW with it, why? I get airflow tank w/ 2.5 but not the 1.5.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've been proudly vaping now for a couple years now and I'm still trying to figure things out.

Ohms & VV/WW

I have a few VV mods 2 with WW and what I don't get is why is there a option for both? Do we need VV when you can run WW?

Some people will disagree with this, but to me, VV/VW are just two different ways of achieving the same thing - a good vape.

I've said it before, units and numbers don't matter to me (other than when I'm measuring the resistance of hand-wrapped coils). I adjust to get a satisfying vape. I'll also bump my settings up or down during the day depending on my mood.

Now my real question I have these VV/WW mods running on Protank 2 and ever since I got into vaping VV mods I always buy the 2.5+ cartos. I have a iClear 30s w/ 2.1 ohm that I blast @10W and its great but my Protank w/ 2.5ohm and same 70/30 mix can go above 7ww.

And when I was placing orders for coils I bought a box of 1.5ohm for the PT2 to use on my EA mech mod but I get NO FLOW with it, why? I get airflow tank w/ 2.5 but not the 1.5.

I just tried searching to no avail, but I recall a discussion about the newer runs of PT coils that are using a new insulator. The new insulator is made from a silicone material that is softer than the old insulators, and if overtightened into the base, can be "squished" out of place and block airflow.

Try taking the coil out, and re-installing it so that it's just a little snug, not tight, and see if that helps?

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
Some people will disagree with this, but to me, VV/VW are just two different ways of achieving the same thing - a good vape.

I've said it before, units and numbers don't matter to me (other than when I'm measuring the resistance of hand-wrapped coils). I adjust to get a satisfying vape. I'll also bump my settings up or down during the day depending on my mood.

I just tried searching to no avail, but I recall a discussion about the newer runs of PT coils that are using a new insulator. The new insulator is made from a silicone material that is softer than the old insulators, and if overtightened into the base, can be "squished" out of place and block airflow.

Try taking the coil out, and re-installing it so that it's just a little snug, not tight, and see if that helps?

I'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread