Anthony Vapes: Asvape Strider Mod Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Asvape Strider mod. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Asvape Strider is a single battery mod form Asvape who is known for making some fancy mods. The strider however is a much more basic attempt. It’s a single battery mod that can take an 18650 with the adapter but is made for 26650 batteries for increased battery life. Roughly 50% more battery then a single 18650 mod. While i can't find their official site, elementvape lists 6 colors 2 carbon fibre editions (silver and black), 2 snakeskin additions (green and white), and 2 military editions (SS and Gunmetal). It features the VO tech chip which is famous for being in mods like the dagger and CKS icon

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Asvape and VO Tech Collaboration
  • Single 26650 High-Amp Battery
  • Optional 18650 High-Amp Battery w/ Sleeve Adapter
  • Wattage Ouput Range: 1-75W
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.03ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 212-572F
  • Ni200 Nickel , Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
  • Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
  • Variable Power Control Mode - Power Curve Adjustments
  • BYPASS Mode
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED DIsplay
  • Black Jeweled Three-Button Operation
  • Bottom-Loading Threaded Battery Deisc
  • Low Battery Voltage Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • MicroUSB Port
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Silver, Black, Carbon Fiber Edition, Snakeskin Edition, Military Edition
Included in box:
  • 1 Strider 75W TC Box Mod
  • 1 18650 Battery Adapter
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Chart:
ko22nUC.png

Spreadsheet:
IkZmvbe.png

Stock Shot Colors:
asvape_strider_75w_tc_box_mod_all_colors__1.jpg

Size comparisons

wjMvAv0.jpg

exWNrGv.jpg

Handchecks:

XUDQJnV.jpg

qVNUq60.jpg

9HuimCP.jpg

APhr0eT.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and feel of it of it. This is a seriously solid feeling mod. It’s smooth and has some weight to it and pretty durable. The carbon fibre look on the body reflects great in the light as well. It doesn't feel or look like a cheap sticker at all. Funny enough i dropped it within a couple of days of having it. A pretty nasty fall about 4 feet off a table to a hard floor. Not even a dent in the mod but the screen cover popped off. I glued it back on but used a little too much glue so you’ll see the fuzzy look of the screen in the pic above. Still pretty impressed it suffered pretty much no damage.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .1 , .14, .19, and .49 ohms. wattage points were max (75), 50, 25, and 10. At .1 ohms it maxed out at 87 watts and 29 amps. Solid performance from a single battery mod and already met the watt and exceeds spec For the rest of the testing it hit high 1 watt to 9 watts so not too bad. At .14 it maxed out at 81 watts. The rest of the testing it was high 1-4 watts so pretty accurate there. For the .19 test it maxed out at 89 watts. For the rest of the testing it was high 3-10 watts. So not too bad. For the .49 testing it maxed out at 76 watts and 6.101 volts. The volts shows there is a boost circuit like most single battery mods. The rest of the testing it was high 2-11 watts. No complaints there.

Overall i found this to be a good performer in power mode that tends to hit on the high side. I looked all around for specs on this chip but couldn’t find any, outside of the watts. Odd for a company that makes pretty much just the chips much like evolv. I expected a better spec sheet but maybe i just missed it? As far as the watts go it does do 89 watts so it does meet and exceed it’s listed wattage. The 6.101V limit shows it has a boost circuit like most single battery mods. The amp limit is right in line with the pico 25 so i’ll call it good. The amps and volts can be higher though as all my tests were limited by the max wattage. It can do the full watts and then some in the entire range i tested (.1 to .49 ohms). It read resistance pretty very accurate as well usually around .01 lower than most. The mod and chip itself handled my stress testing very well. It didn’t get hot at all. One of the cooler running mods out there. Output was smooth and consistent the whole time. Overall a very good performer in power mode that is accurately rated.

The power curve mode works excellent as well. You get 6 settings of wattage point. There are no preheats in regular power mode so if you wanted a preheat you’d have to use curve mode but again it’s easy to set up.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode (there is no TCR just SS316, Ni and Ti modes). I tested 4 builds. 1 single round spaced single and 1 single round spaced dual coils, and 2 fancy single coil builds. There is no watt settings in temp mode. The chip does an auto wattage. You do need to lock your resistance for temp control (holding up and down buttons) With that said, I found this mod to be very good. All the builds worked well. It was smooth and consistent. Feels pretty accurate maybe a little on the weak side like 20-30 degrees F. I found myself at around 480 for a warm vape. I think most will find their vape in the 420F to 500F range. Excellent dry burn protection as well. The lack of adjustments can be annoying to some, but it’s really a very easy mod to set up that works well as long as your build doesn’t need more watts then the mod can provide. Just change the mode to SS316, lock resistance and you are good to go. So far the best i’ve had for temp control from a single battery non DNA mod.

Other Usage Notes
I didn’t take this apart personally, because it’s a brick. Seriously it can survive some abuse. I didn't have any issues 510 pin on the mod with all the attys i used on it. 30mm atomizers won’t have any overhang. The mod is built very solid and feels durable. I have very minor button rattle on 3 buttons. The battery door is a screw on bottom just like that of the geekvape aegis. No issues with mine at all. The fire button is nice and clicky as well.

This mod is lacking some features but has some good ones. No pre-heat and no TCR modes and no SS modes outside of 316. It does have a watt curve mode though that works great. Ni, Ti, and SS316 modes for temp control and also a bypass mode. The screen shows you your battery input voltage which is very nice. They also have the serial number printed on the mod itself and not just the box which is nice.

Usage is just ok. 5 click on like most mods. Off is a little different. You use 5 clicks to enter the menu at which point you use the fire button to scroll. You then use the plus or minus to select. To turn off you have to scroll to system and press down. If you scroll to system and want to exit you press up. It’s a little tricky and takes some getting used to. I wish it was a little better.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • Temp Performance
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Sleek simple design
  • good 510 pin
  • 30mm atomizers fit without overhang
  • takes 26650 or 18650 battery
  • power curve mode
  • Looks and color options
  • shows battery input voltage
Cons:
  • Small button rattle
  • no adjustable watts in temp mode
  • no TCR mode
  • no preheat options
  • a little big for a single battery mod
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans towards the yes easily. As far as single battery mods go it has the best temp control from any non DNA one. The power performance is solid as well it does hit hard so turn down the watts a little but it’s nice and consistent so once you are dialed in you are good to go. Temp control is also very easy to set up. Probably one of the easiest out there. If you want a single battery mod that is inexpensive with good temp control and battery life it’s a great option. I’ll be adding this to my sheet.

It can be purchased here Asvape Strider 75W TC Box Mod | VO Tech Chipset for 64.95 all 6 colors in stock i listed above.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank Elementvape.com for sending me these for review.

If you missed any of my last reviews you can find them here anthony_vapes_reviews - electronic_cigarette
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/wiki/anthony_vapes_reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread