Anthony Vapes: Digiflavor Pharaoh Mini RTA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Digiflavor Pharaoh Mini rta. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:

The Digiflavor Pharaoh Mini RTA is the follow up smaller version of the original Pharaoh RTA which was quite bulky. The Pharaoh Mini weighs a lot less and they removed the useless top airflow section as well which was a good idea. It features a 2ml Capacity as well a 5ml extension and comes with 2 810 drip tips and a 510 drip tip and adapter. It’s available in 2 colors black and SS

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • A Rip Trippers Project
  • 24mm Base Diameter
  • 2mL Standard Juice Capacity
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity - Expansion Tube & Chimney
  • Premier Stainless Steel Construction
  • Superior Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Interchangeable Build Deck Designs
  • Preinstalled Clamp-Style Two-Post Design
  • Centrally Secured via Phillips Screws
  • Spring-Loaded Clamps for Easier Set-ups
  • Domical Top Cap Design
  • Shorter Shalf Section - Flavor Enhancement
  • Large Dual Slotted Airflow Control - Click-Clock Adjustments
  • 7mm 810 Red Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 10mm 810 ULTEM Widebore Drip Tip
  • 10mm 510 Black Delrin Wideore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
Included in box:
  • 1 Pharaoh Mini RTA
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube - 5mL
  • 1 Chimney Extension
  • 1 Chamber Lock
  • 1 Chamber Lock Key
  • 1 Red 810 Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 Black 510 Delrin Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Allen Key
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures:
Stock Shot:
digiflavor_pharaoh_mini_rta_by_rip_trippers_black_and_stainless_steel.jpg

Stock Shot Build Decks:
Digiflavor-Pharaoh-Mini-RTA-decks.gif

Box and Extras:
SIo7CtO.jpg

Disassembled:
cqWmTFn.jpg

Coil Installed:
aI2a5tS.jpg

Wicking Top View:
WPiAPwH.jpg

Wicking Side View:
amjFUoN.jpg

Hand Check:
oOBIqBu.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA it was just as i expected from the name, a smaller pharaoh RTA. It’s a single coil RTA with the same 2 spring loaded clamp deck and bottom airflow. While it’s nothing new since it’s the 3rd pharaoh, I like the “If it aint broke don’t fix it” way of thinking. It’s one of the best and easiest decks to build on. This time around though they got rid of the top airflow which i found to be useless on the original one and allows it to be smaller and lighter so that’s a nice improvement. In typical Digiflavor fashion they give you a ton of accessories as well which always makes me happy. It comes in 2ml configuration with an extra 2ml glass and also a 5ml adapter and 1 5ml glass. Also this time around they use a tank locking system similar to the crown 3 so needs the included tool or large flat head screwdriver to disassemble it if you want to clean it out. Only for the tank though, you can still remove the base and build deck without taking the lock off. Overall I was pretty impressed with it from the start.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Anyone who has used either the pharaoh RDA or pharaoh RTA will be familiar with the deck. It’s the exact same but smaller. It uses the dual spring loaded clamps on opposite sides. It’s an extremely easy and beginner friendly deck to build on and one of my favorite style single coil decks. As usual they opted to go with phillips screws, anyone who has read my reviews before knows they are my least favorite but they are good quality and come with a spare set as well. It has bottom airflow right under the coils and can fit around a max 3.5mm ID coil. Maybe a 4MM with thinner wire. Pictured above is a handmade coil from my buddy overview for bdbuilders305 3mm ID .16 ohms and at the risk of sounding like a shill he makes some excellent handmade coils. The deck like the pharaoh RTA is removable and replaceable they show an option for a dual coil velocity style deck but personally I couldn’t find it for sale anywhere and it’s not included, so i wouldn’t put much stock in it and consider this a single coil RTA for the purpose of this review.

Wicking is very simple as well. It has nice sized slots for your cotton to go into. Just slide them in the slots and make sure not to overstuff. Outside of that not much to discuss. It’s very straightforward and simple and extremely easy to wick. Overall I really love the build deck on this and think it’s great for beginners getting into the RTA world.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it exclusively as a single coil RTA as it’s intended to be. I used 2 fancy coil builds and 2 contact round builds and 1 spaced build ranging from 2.5mm ID to 3.5mm ID. I found 3 to be a nice sweet spot but honestly every build worked very good in it. Flavor i get from this is excellent. It has much less air then the original pharaoh RTA and doesn't need as big of a build as the original one. It’s still a full DTL hit, I wouldn’t consider it restricted at all. Seems like a little more air then the popular SMM but provides way more flavor. I’d say it’s good in the range of 30-60 watts. Very impressed with the performance of it. Leakwise not a single drop from anywhere on it. It does have a press fit JFC but mine is night and tight and there is an o-ring in it as well. No seeping from the 510 pin or anything and extremely minimal condensation. Barely noticeable.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA and the AFC is smooth and on a stopper. It clicks into place and very easy to adjust on the mod. It’s a top fill with 3 large holes to accommodate any style of bottle. It comes with 2 810 drip tips one ultem and one red delrin. It also comes with a 510 adapter and a black delrin 510 tip as well. Personally I prefer using the 510 tip for a single coil RTA. There are a lot of parts and o-rings on this RTA as well as seen above in the disassembly picture. Including the drip tip and adapter 9 parts and IIRC about 4-6 o-rings. The RTA uses a locking system like the crown 3 that needs to be unscrewed to remove the class. It doesn't need to be unscrewed to rebuild or rewick. The design is simple the pharaoh logo and word are on opposite sides of the chamber inside. Outside of that no visible branding. It comes standard with 2ml capacity but includes a 5ml capacity kit which consists of a glass, adapter, and longer locking screw. Quality is excellent especially at the price point which i’ve come to expect from Digiflavor. All the threading is nice and smooth. Overall very impressed with the RTA

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • Price Point (around 30 bucks)
  • two 810 tips and one 510 tip included plus 510 adapter
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • Included Tools and extras
  • top fill design is great
  • airflow adjustment is easy and smooth
  • 2ml or 5ml capacity options
  • excellent flavor
Cons:
  • Option for dual coil deck seems unavailable
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean heavily towards the yes. It’s one of the best flavor single coil RTAs i’ve had to date. It’s also quite versatile and doesn't need a massive build it’s easy to build on, great quality, great price and I struggled to find anything wrong with the RTA. It’s one of the best options to date for a single coil RTA. I’ve added this to my spreadsheet

The Digiflavor Pharaoh Mini can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/digiflavor-pharaoh-mini-rta-by-rip-trippers for 32.95

Feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here [googlesheet]() this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

I want to thank you guys for reading. This is Anthony Vapes, just keeping it honest as always, hopefully you all can say you’re doing the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Big thanks again to https://www.elementvape.com for sending me these for the purpose of this review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread