Anthony Vapes: Rincoe Neso X Pod Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Rincoe Neso X Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Rincoe Neso X Pod kit is one of the latest Pod Kits (the other one being the Ceto SE, i’ll review tomorrow) from somewhat new vape manufacturer Rincoe. Rincoe started in early 2018 and came out with a pod system (the ceto) which was pretty good for it’s time and then mid year launched a really nice mod with the manto mod but since then have been a little downhill with the manto X and manto S kits. The Neso X is a simple tall skinny “juul” style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 350mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 4 colors Grey, Red, Black, and Silver. I looked around online and it’s not listed on their site or anywhere yet so not sure what the price point will be.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 1110 x 20.5 x 12mm
  • Capacity: 1.8ml
  • Battery: Built-in 350mAh
  • Coil resistance: 1.3ohm
  • Output 3.3V constant
  • charge rate .5A
  • standard pod protections
Included in box:
  • 1pc Neso X Device
  • 1pc Pod
  • 1pc Micro USB Cable
  • 1pc User Manual
Coil Options
  • 1.8ml 1.3 ohm pod
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Neso X is simple tall skinny stick styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or innokin EQ. Design wise it’s very similar to a JUUL or a smaller eleaf elven. It’s a really small size all things considered. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a average capacity of 1.8ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 350mah but it is 3.3v constant output and the resistance is 1.3 ohms so it vapes around 8-9 watts so has good battery life. It features built in USB charging they list at .5A charging. I tested this 3 time with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .38A max so close enough rating and good enough for the battery size. It charges full in about 67 minutes. Battery size wise i got 330-340mah so no complaints there. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as, which is all i’m looking for so good ratings. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The Neso X is very nicely built, but very lightweight as well due to the full plastic body. Paint wise i have the grey which is a matte body that looks good and simple. No complaints or wearing on the paint.

The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is a standard rubber plug you pull out like many which works well. The hole is nice and large so easy to fill with a standard fine tip bottle. Very easy to fill.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a inhale to fire device with no buttons. No modes or settings or on/off. Just a really simple inhale only device. I had no issues with the air sensor at all. The LED is on the bottom of the front and bright enough to see when vaping so good job there. When vaping the color lets you know the battery charge. White means Full to 30% and Red means 30% or less. Bad idea to only have 2 steps it needed at least a 3rd step on the meter. There is a big difference in 31% battery to 100% battery but this device shows both as white. The pod is about half exposed so you need to turn it upside down or pull out the pod to see the juice level when it’s more than half empty. Also the pod is tinted way too dark. Not sure how many times i have to point this out in reviews, but it makes it way too hard to see your juice level. Clear pods would have been better and it needed a juice window as well.

Coil Performance and details
The Rincoe Neso X Pod Kit comes with 1 Pods only sadly. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is only 1 coil option which is a 1.3 ohm coil. No specs on wire material though. They sent me 2 extra ones so i got to use 3 pods in total the 1 included and the 2 extra ones. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. The draw is a solid MTL. it’s not super tight but not too loose. A little tighter then most of the pods i’ve tried. Flavorwise it’s got solid flavor. It’s a tier 2 flavor IMO so not one of the best, but more than good enough for a pod system. It also handled chain vaping just fine and the low watts means it doesn't use much juice. Coil life wise though was a bit of a roller coaster. My 1st coil only lasted about 2ml, my 2nd coil lasted about 8ml, my 3rd coil lasted about 4ml. So pretty up and down and basically 1-4 fills so bad consistency on the coils and life should be better. I’d consider the 8ml acceptable since it doesn't use much juice at all, but the 2 and 4ml are way too low for a refillable pod. Overall good enough flavor and good draw but bad coil life and consistency.

Pros:
  • color options (4 total)
  • Average 1.8 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • charges fast enough (1 hour)
  • good flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • led is easy to see when vaping
  • inhale to fire worked good
  • good enough battery life
Cons:
  • coil life is not good overall
  • bad coil consistency
  • Juice level hard to see (no juice window, dark tint on pod)
  • battery meter isn’t good
  • comes with 1 pod only
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one i have to lean towards the no. Coil life was the biggest killer of it for me. It’s a nice design and the battery worked well enough and would have been nice to be a JUUL alternative but as it stands now, the pods only last as long as a juul pretty much so I can't recommend it until they fix their coils. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Rincoe

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread