Any 24mg e liquid with no throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOlNoob

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Ohio
I've tried about 4 different brands of e liquid at 24 mg and they are all too harsh. Some less than others but no where near the way I'd like it. I was gunna try Ecblends.com but it didn't make any sense how I could make an eliquid with 2 different flavors at 95% each with 15 percent flavoring and double sweetener. It seems like there are so many options that I'm just going to mess it up. What percentages should i select to get the most flavoring and sweetener with no throat hit at 24mg strength?

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
Any 24mg nic eliquid is gonna have some higher throat hit. Nic accounts for a lot of the TH in eliquids. I can suggest looking into maybe a 50/50 pg/vg blend. PG also adds a lot of TH to me when I try eliquids. If 50/50 is what youre using now then maybe try 100% VG. 100%VG I've noticed can help mask TH of higher nic eliquids. I would stay away from more intense flavors too like minty/cinnamon. There is a difference between harsh flavors and TH. Harsh flavors like espresso/coffee can lack TH. Sweetener may help reduce harshness if thats what you need aswell. Good luck, its gonna be trial and error to really find what you want.

Anthony W

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I Agree with the above posters. 100% VG and staying away from flavors which have a strong natural throat hit like cinnamon/mint/menthol. I have heard it said that alcohol can increase the throat hit, but I am uncertain whether or not the alcohol is evaporated off at the coil.
Can you vape alcohol ??

j3illy

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
MA
Yes you can vape alcohol and it'll intoxicate you (not at these levels tho).. As far as finding a 24mg w/ low throat-hit, I bought just about 10 different juices at a B&M all @ 18mg, and they had varying throat-hits by quite a lot. Some very pronounced and others quite subtle. The most mellow was a flavor called Zombie Antidote, and I dunno exactly what it was, had a sweet tart / fruit punch soda thing, and it was almost like the throat hit was numbed. It wasn't too high in VG at all either. As for others, I've vaped quite a few combos of blueberry / vanilla and it's a tasty soft flavor that doesn't have a lot of throat hit to it. My favorite was w/ vanilla ice-cream specifically, I'm using vanilla cream now w/ it and it's almost as good. But I think vanilla is a good flavor to try and minimize TH

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I Agree with the above posters. 100% VG and staying away from flavors which have a strong natural throat hit like cinnamon/mint/menthol. I have heard it said that alcohol can increase the throat hit, but I am uncertain whether or not the alcohol is evaporated off at the coil.

alcohol vaporizes at 170F Nicotine at 200ishF VG/PG at 320F
for less TH go with 100VG if you want to keep the 24nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread