Any experience with Sigelei Compak A1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
It actually arrived tonight so I can only comment on my initial reaction. It's adorable...I have the purple/red one and it's about the same height as the Suorin Air and twice as thick. The magnetic pod pops in and out REALLY easily, but seems to hold well. The pop up drip tip is cool in that it's out of the way when not in use and keeps it a little more sanitary. It's a little weird to use after the Peas and Suorin being my main devices, but not in a terrible way. I must say, though, that it looks like it was rushed through QC. There is a very small blemish on the outside...a faint circle that's barely noticeable, but I'm really meticulous. And the included pod looked a little rough around the seams. I'm hoping it won't leak and is just not as "polished" looking as the Air pods. I'll try to add a pic here.
View media item 431301View media item 431303
Flavor is about the same as the Air, which has been my favorite of the four I've tried with my ADV. Draw is pretty good, too. I don't feel like I need a small primer puff like the Air to get a hit. And there's decent vapor production for a rather small device using 70VG. I personally prefer stealth over clouds.

Here's a pic of my devices for size comparison, from left to right...Rofvape Warlock Peas, Envii Fitt, Suorin Air, Sigelei Compak A1.
View media item 431305
I'll post more after I use it a little. Would love to hear if others have tried it yet. :)

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I've only opened one so far, the red/purple, which I must say is just beautiful! The feel of it in the hand is great, the flavor is quite nice and on par with Suorin Air, which has been my main device. The pod snaps in and out beautifully but is held in place nicely. I love the foldable drip tip to keep it a bit more sanitary. I also like that the mouthpiece comes apart from the tank for cleaning. Battery life has been pretty amazing, and charging is relatively quick. And I have had no intermittent dry hits here an there which seems to be common in the Suorin. Each hit has been pleasant until the third tank. (See below)

But the downsides. As beautiful as the Compak A1 is, it shows every single fingerprint, smudge, spot, etc. in low light. I keep trying to wipe it down, but it just looks so dirty. It just seems to absorb the oils from your hand, and the smudges aren't really cleanable. I even tried rubbing alcohol when I cleaned the mouthpiece, but that actually made it more of a mess. Smudges aren't noticeable at all in bright light or outdoors.

Cleaning between the mouthpiece and tank is a snap, and I like that the condensation is here rather than leaking into the battery like the Suorin, which causes premature failure. But there's been quite a bit of juice in here. I'm a little surprised at how much I found the first time I cleaned it up.

I REALLY wish that the tanks were lighter on the side or had a clear window to monitor juice level. That's probably the biggest inconvenience. I'm constantly popping the tank in and out to check levels since I don't know how fast I'm using juice and I don't want to burn up the pod. It's easy enough to do, but a window would make this almost perfect.

Battery indicator - I've still not exactly figured this out. When I received it, I charged it up fully and then used it as normal. I never encountered a flashing light to let me know battery life was low. It just suddenly powered off, so I turned it back on, got one hit, and then it powered off again. Luckily I was home so I had a back up device, but this was unexpected. It would be great if the light changed from normal blue to another color when it reaches 30% or something, so you know to get to a charger. Just something noticeable so you're not left with a dead device. Oh, and the battery light is near impossible to see in bright light. I used it while driving on a sunny day yesterday and couldn't really tell if it lit up. It's rather faint. Works great at home in darker settings, though. There is NO stealth mode to turn light off, if that matters to you.

Lastly, the pod issues. The pod that was included looked a little rough, as did the new pack of pods I opened. I was initially weary that it may leak since it wasn't smooth and polished. It actually had some plastic build up around the bottom seam, which I suspect was just a rush job through the factory. It hasn't leaked, just looks really cheap and potentially faulty. But additionally with the pod...I initially filled it, vaped it down to about 25%, refilled and cleaned it, and repeated. Second tank was fine. Repeated. But when I tried to vape the third tank after charging, it tastes burnt. Every time I've tried to hit it, a light burnt taste which is not enjoyable or really vapeable. I really thought a tank would last more than 2 fills, so this could make this device quite expensive in the long run. 2ml of premium juice wasted.

I'm on my second fill of the second pod. I do like this device and recommend it so far pending further use. With a few little changes, this could be my go to pod device.

• Informative
Reactions: score69

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I took a chance and picked one up. Overall, a pretty cool idea. But on my 2nd day now, the pod leaked out into the seam of the device between the pod and device. I was really careful with it, as it seems a little janky, but I still managed to break it on day 2. It doesn't appear to be coming from the refill hole either, but rather some other point...maybe the airflow. It might be salvageable, but the trust is broken, and I can't risk it going in my pocket.

It also only came with the one pod, which is pretty silly.

I dunno, but it's going in the garbage. I'd recommend a hard pass on this one. Hopefully some other company can take some nice ideas from it.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Cleaning between the mouthpiece and tank is a snap, and I like that the condensation is here rather than leaking into the battery like the Suorin, which causes premature failure. But there's been quite a bit of juice in here. I'm a little surprised at how much I found the first time I cleaned it up.

If you still have it, check between the mouthpiece and the pod itself. It comes apart. I'm finding a lot of juice is sitting there waiting to leak into the pod area. My second pod leaked today after the third fill despite cleaning it this morning.

I love the concept and so many things about it, but I'm having second thoughts myself. It really is pretty cheaply made and seems like they may have just rushed it to market. I'm disappointed in the quality and what could have been a good idea.

Reactions: drysprocket

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I was hoping to hear better inital reviews on this.

Primarily a DL vaper, but like a small/stealth or pod setup I can take to work and the like to cover me until I can get back to my car. :)

I've been using a Pico with the old school Evods and 12mg or higher juice to fill this void in my vaping, but was looking for something new. I can run a 3000maH battery in the Pico at 7-12 watts for days.

Been considering picking up a couple of Warlock PEAS, but kind of leary of the battery capacity. Guess I could just keep a spare one with me. Need to do more reading in this forum, new to pod systems even though I've vaped for years.

Thanks for the feedback. Had my eye on this and was going to order when I saw the pods come back in stock. May hold off for a bit now and go with the PEAS.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Primarily a DL vaper

If you are a DL vaper, then you may want to reconsider the Peas. It's DEFINITELY a MTL draw, and there are times when I want more of a hit and have to hold a finger over one of the air flow holes. I'm the opposite of you...I've only used pod devices in my 4 months of vaping and I'm thinking of "upgrading" to a small tank for here at home, but know nothing about them. :(

IMHO, I'd look into the Envii Fitt. It definitely has pros and cons, like all devices. But it allows MTL and restricted DL hits. It has a 650mah battery and 3.2ml refillable pods. It has both manual and auto draw, and hides nicely in your hand. Just my rather inexperienced 2 cents. :) Good luck!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
If you are a DL vaper, then you may want to reconsider the Peas. It's DEFINITELY a MTL draw, and there are times when I want more of a hit and have to hold a finger over one of the air flow holes. I'm the opposite of you...I've only used pod devices in my 4 months of vaping and I'm thinking of "upgrading" to a small tank for here at home, but know nothing about them. :(

IMHO, I'd look into the Envii Fitt. It definitely has pros and cons, like all devices. But it allows MTL and restricted DL hits. It has a 650mah battery and 3.2ml refillable pods. It has both manual and auto draw, and hides nicely in your hand. Just my rather inexperienced 2 cents. :) Good luck!
Thank you my friend, I will check out the Envii Fitt.

Yeah, I prefer to DL, but an open/somewhat loose MTL works well for me too. I just bump up the nic since I'm getting less vapor.

I was looking at the PEAS because I've read comments from folks saying the draw was somewhat too loose for them compared to some other devices. Figured that might work for me. The only negative I've seen (outside of possible draw restriction) is folks saying the battery contacts in the device seem wonky and they might go bad quickly. They are only around $11 though, just would want to have a backup in case it went out on me.

For my stealth setup, I use the pico as mentioned, and either use the old school Evod cartomizers, or a Kanger EMOW MEGA tank that I have from years back. With the EMOW MEGA, I open the airflow all the way and it works well for me at 1.8-2.0 ohms and 12mg juice. So yeah, looking for a pretty loose MTL I'm guessing. Need to feel like I'm not having to suck too hard, lol.

I'm kind of hung up on battery capacity, but don't know why. With the Pico, at low wattages like that, an 18650 lasts several days. Need to get over that hangup and realize I don't need a high capacity battery with a low wattage device. Plus it's not like I can't top off during the day.

Will check out the Envii Fitt though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
For anyone still interested in this one, I DO NOT recommend it at all. 4 of 4 pods were burnt once I refilled it for the third time, wasting a whole tank of juice. So I only got 4ml per tank. The leaking issue between the mouthpiece and tank is pretty bad and just got worse with use. I literally cleaned it several times a day to keep it from seeping into the device itself. But most importantly, it stopped charging yesterday. So just under 2 weeks in, and it's useless. Tried different ports, different cables...nothing.

This is a STRONG pass...

Jay H.

Unresolved Status
Feb 20, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread