Any experience with the Dead Rabbit SQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Best thing anyone can do with either of the Dead Rabbits is smash them with a big hammer and get ANY other RDA.

Could you please be more specific on this point?
I'm still using drop-in coils and more and more willing to try building my own coils, probably starting with an RDA, as it seems easier to grow skills than with an RTA (or so I have read, and making sure I don't waste a full tank on a sloppy build sure seems like a good reason not to start building with RTAs).

The thing is most RDAs available at my local B&M are really, really expensive, like 60€ or more, that's more than the price of my mod... So that kinda killed my thrill to make the switch. There is, however, the Dead Rabbit Hellvape SQ, which would fit on my mod (22mm), and is a lot more affordable than the others.

Obviously, if it's that much cheaper, it must be a low-end product, but is it really just plain crap? Or would it be a good starting point for a quite new vaper who'd like to give reconstructible a try? (I do DL though, not MTL, so it kinda diverges from the OP's question)

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I know it has holes for them and a 510 adapter. I have never tried it for MTL, but I know folks who have and they didn't like it much at all. Their main complaints were that the AF is too far away and too high to reach the coils. It is designed with the airflow being deflected down from the top. It works good with it wide open but misses the coil completely when restricted. Also the chamber is rather large. It gets good flavor with DL but very little in MTL mode (or so I have heard). It is primarily a DL atty and designed to fit large builds. MTL kind of seems like an afterthought. You would be much better off with an RDA built for MTL.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I'm still using drop-in coils and more and more willing to try building my own coils, probably starting with an RDA, as it seems easier to grow skills than with an RTA (or so I have read, and making sure I don't waste a full tank on a sloppy build sure seems like a good reason not to start building with RTAs).

The thing is most RDAs available at my local B&M are really, really expensive, like 60€ or more, that's more than the price of my mod... So that kinda killed my thrill to make the switch. There is, however, the Dead Rabbit Hellvape SQ, which would fit on my mod (22mm), and is a lot more affordable than the others.

Obviously, if it's that much cheaper, it must be a low-end product, but is it really just plain crap? Or would it be a good starting point for a quite new vaper who'd like to give reconstructible a try? (I do DL though, not MTL, so it kinda diverges from the OP's question)
It is a single coil RDA that can fit some pretty big builds. It is primarily a DL atty. I am very happy with mine. I saw the $16 sale and that is a great price. It is very easy to build on. Mine came with only a squonk pin which is OK for me because that is what I use it for. It is supposed to come with both. All in all a good single coil. I get good clouds and flavor from it.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I've only had a regular DR and gave it away because I hated it so much. I never give anything away but it was that bad. I've had no experience with the DR sq but if it's anything like the DR it's garbage too. The only thing I did like about the DR is it is very easy to build. There are so many nice single coil RDAs for $30 or less on the market right now I see no reason to buy garbage. THIS OBVIOUSLY IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. I'm not a single coil guy but there are alot of people that can make a solid recommendation.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas

Just got my first RTA.Been usinv RDAs for years. Wixkinf is not as hard as you think. I got a Serpent SMM. It is simple to build. I got the wicking right on the third try without watching any tutorials. I put a Ni80 28X3/36 fused clapton, 7wraps .5ohms in it. Great vapor production and flavor at 40 watts.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've only had a regular DR and gave it away because I hated it so much. I never give anything away but it was that bad. I've had no experience with the DR sq but if it's anything like the DR it's garbage too. The only thing I did like about the DR is it is very easy to build. There are so many nice single coil RDAs for $30 or less on the market right now I see no reason to buy garbage. THIS OBVIOUSLY IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. I'm not a single coil guy but there are alot of people that can make a solid recommendation.

So, from this post I gather two things:

Like: Easy to build.
Dislike: It's garbage.

That's it? Anything more specific regarding the reason it's "garbage", that might help someone make an informed purchase decision?

Reactions: gnees

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
So, from this post I gather two things:

Like: Easy to build.
Dislike: It's garbage.

That's it? Anything more specific regarding the reason it's "garbage", that might help someone make an informed purchase decision?

I just bought mine yesterday, and I like it so far!
It's my first RDA, and I never tried another, so I'm not really informed, BUT, I'm vaping on it, with my first ever built coil, and I'm really enjoying it! It's at least on par with the clearo I was using (Melo 4), and maybe even better (flavor & vapor wise)
I do DL though, and it does have a nice airflow. I like the top airflow because I can overdrip without it leaking. The build deck is nice, I didn't have much trouble putting on my coil. Maybe set it too high up, but I'm inexperienced, so that's on me, not on the RDA.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I just bought mine yesterday, and I like it so far!
It's my first RDA, and I never tried another, so I'm not really informed, BUT, I'm vaping on it, with my first ever built coil, and I'm really enjoying it! It's at least on par with the clearo I was using (Melo 4), and maybe even better (flavor & vapor wise)
I do DL though, and it does have a nice airflow. I like the top airflow because I can overdrip without it leaking. The build deck is nice, I didn't have much trouble putting on my coil. Maybe set it too high up, but I'm inexperienced, so that's on me, not on the RDA.

Glad you like it.

I have an SQ that I traded for and it seems ok. I prefer some other RDAs over the SQ, but I wouldn't call it garbage. I don't care for the hideous logo but the RDA seems solid, though I haven't dialed in the vape yet.

I'm certainly not ready to give up on it because I was using it with a new DIY juice, and I believe the crappy flavor is the recipe I used for the juice and not the RDA. Once I've tried a different coil and/or better juice (something I am familiar with) I'll make my own decision.

So far, I like the 22mm diameter and the top airflow minimizes leaks when squonking. The build quality seems on par with other RDAs in the price range, and it is easy to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread