The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any one else get REALY light headed after quitting??

Discussion in 'Switching' started by swampman, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. swampman

swampman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps
    Well i have been off of regular cigs for about 2 and a half weeks and in just the past 2 days i have started to cough up flem (normal i hear)...BUT...i have also been MAJORLY light headed. It doesn't happen after or during a vape...It hits me after i stand up kinda quick.

Im sure it is not an inner ear problem...Is this just my brain getting more oxygen? Did any of you kind folks experience this after getting off of cigs?

2. swampman

Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps
    Oh yeah i forgot to add that i am vaping the same nic strength.

3. SharonH

SharonH Super Member ECF Veteran

What is your blood pressure like?

I've had a hell of a time before with getting off analogs because of having low blood pressure. When I'd stop smoking, even after 6 months, I would get orthostatic hypotension eventually driving me back to analogs. A few months into e-cigs and have been analog free as well as assorted levels of analogs (I had smoked 50/day before and range when I do smoke now is 1-20). The nicotine in e-cigs helps vs cold turkey and delivery seems better than NRT for me as far as that goes. But finding the right amount for me is a challenge. If I have enough for the lightheadedness to go, then I have trouble sleeping because of feeling overstimulated.

If it keeps up for you and if it poses ANY risk, go get yourself to a doc to make sure there aren't issues.

4. swampman

Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps
    My BP was great about a week or so ago. i will keep a closer eye on it.

If it gets to crazy i will go see my doc asap but it is starting to settle down now i think..definitely not as bad as it was a few days ago.

5. Paul.K

Paul.K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    California
    I felt like this for the first month after quitting cigs and started vaping. It went away and all was good. Now I get light headed chain vaping so maybe try slowing down or reduce nic level?

6. swampman

Sep 19, 2013
    The Swamps
    10-4 on that paul.K.

My last liquid order has some 6mg in it. I am currently at 12 to 18. It is getting much better though. I really think it was from quitting the stink sticks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.