Any Organic flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you bet there is! And it is amazing. Okay, so you have to get the completed juice, not just the flavoring but take a look and see what you think. Guilty Pleasures Organics. The Organic Caramel - Chocolate Tango is oh so tasty. I used to DIY big time. Then what I believe to be the chemical nasties in the flavorings made me sick as all get out. Yes, I vaped only 100% VG. I felt so bad I quit vaping and went back to real smokes. The American Spirit Organic smokes. I got well and then I decided I wanted to live a bit longer so... Anyways, I am back vaping again thanks to Guilty Pleasures Organics.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Maybe you don't want to go there.

Kurt (ECF chemist emeritus and e-liquids enthusiast) weighs in on "organic" juices.

I've been experimenting with WTA, so I'm no one to admonish anyone for stepping outside of the "USP" or USDA food grade boundaries. But some of that stuff sounds downright dangerous. And the folks selling "herbal" liquids... :facepalm:

Wow, good thing you don't get to decide for anyone other than yourself. To hear you disparaging or at the very least implying negativity surrounding the use of herbs to heal... :facepalm:

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com

I don't know... that thread just looks like a bunch of random opinions. People saying that NF uses artificial flavors and the 'organic' part just refers to the VG, but other people then post the ingredient list (Ingredients: Organic Flavors, Vegetable Glycerin, and Organic Ethyl Alcohol) and ask where the idea that they use artificial flavors comes from. Sounds like NF flavors are organic.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Wow, good thing you don't get to decide for anyone other than yourself. To hear you disparaging or at the very least implying negativity surrounding the use of herbs to heal... :facepalm:

I would never discourage anyone from using herbal remedies to heal. Nor would I ever deign to decide what anyone else puts in their bodies.

However, the centuries of Chinese and other eastern cultures' use of those remedies have involved eating, chewing or drinking teas made from them. I don't know if they're safe for use in vaporizing systems that put those compounds in your lungs in the form of an inhalable vapor.

Just because they're good to eat, chew or make tea from doesn't mean that they're safe or effective for use in your vaporizer.

I'm here to learn as much or more as I am to share what I've learned. I'm not here to rule. That ain't my style.

That said, I'm highly skeptical of people selling organic liquids because the vast majority of the contents in the liquid aren't organic at all. VG is highly refined. Nicotine liquid is highly refined. Neither bear a chemically significant difference from the same chemical derived from organic sources.

The official definition of a product that can be labeled and sold as "organic" is a product that contains no less than 70% of ingredients derived from organic sources or processes. I don't think any liquid currently being marketed for e-cig use meets that definition.

Just my opinion.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Maybe you don't want to go there.

Kurt (ECF chemist emeritus and e-liquids enthusiast) weighs in on "organic" juices.

I've been experimenting with WTA, so I'm no one to admonish anyone for stepping outside of the "USP" or USDA food grade boundaries. But some of that stuff sounds downright dangerous. And the folks selling "herbal" liquids... :facepalm:

I didn't fully study the thread in detail listed above, but I did notice right away they went at length about NF's Flavor Concentrates, which is totally different from their Extracts. I use them all the time and enjoy them. Some of their extracts do require alot for a full flavor, but then some others do not and I go as low as 7% in flavor on them. It depends on the flavor. But so far I've had more luck with some of the NF extracts I get from High Desert Vapes than I have with other brands like TFA, even though I know they are real popular. Plus I do enjoy the throat hit from them now that I am trying to go real low on my nic.

Edit: I also do not use them just because they say they are organic. I use them because I like them. I have also read in other places that you can't always know if that means they are really organic, but that's not why I use them anyways.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Please show me a link to the 70% limit to calling a product organic.
I've never heard of that one.

I'll second the suggestion
Nature's Flavors sold at ecigexpress and high desert vapes is the only organic brand I know of.

I'm allergic to TPA Flavors and PG, Natures Flavors has been Hypo Allergenic to me.

Last edited:

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I've never heard of the 70% thing either, but I'd agree with IBCR that you can't always trust vendors that call things organic. Vaping stuff just isn't regulated like food. I get nicotine for DIY from Wizard Labs. They call their nicotine organic, which I assumed to mean that it was extracted from organically grown tobacco, but eventually it came out that what they mean by organic is that it's not synthetic. Sort of a misleading thing to claim, since apparently it's ridiculously expensive to make nicotine synthetically, and nobody does it.

jcmccord235

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Can't say that I worry about VG being organic, but for those that do care, the only organic VG I know of in pharmaceutical grade is Natural Sourcing Organic Vegetable Glycerin - Natural Sourcing, LLC (wholesale)

Personally I find organic/ natural flavors can be more convincing and thus easier to work with. And if a vendor claims their liquid uses organic flavors that is not the same as calling it USDA certified organic.And that's fine by me.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Please show me a link to the 70% limit to calling a product organic.
I've never heard of that one.

I'll second the suggestion
Nature's Flavors sold at ecigexpress and high desert vapes is the only organic brand I know of.

I'm allergic to TPA Flavors and PG, Natures Flavors has been Hypo Allergenic to me.

The 70% threshold is shown on Page 2 under the heading "Made With" Organic.

http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELDEV3004446&acct=nopgeninfo

Just because they're good to eat, chew or make tea from doesn't mean that they're safe or effective for use in your vaporizer.

That said, I'm highly skeptical of people selling organic liquids because the vast majority of the contents in the liquid aren't organic at all. VG is highly refined. Nicotine liquid is highly refined. Neither bear a chemically significant difference from the same chemical derived from organic sources.

What is "safe and effective" to use in your vaporizer? Nothing is proven to be safe to vape at this point in time.

So why would you single out organics as a focus for your not "safe or effective opinion"? If you feel a strong need to warn people of what you consider to be unsafe to vape why not post your "not safe or effective opinion" concerning the vaping of PG? In my opinion that stuff is seriously nasty. Anyhow, I digress.

We can most likely all agree that vaping is safer for one's health than smoking - and that is why most of us are vaping.

I had to quit vaping because the flavorings in non organic e-juices were making me sick.

I stupidly went back to smoking.

I found a line of e-juice (Guilty Pleasures Organics) that now allows me to vape again!

I want to spread the word because if I can get even one person to start vaping again or one person to avoid having to quit vaping, I have done some good.

I do not believe it is the VG or the nicotine in Guilty Pleasures Organics that allows me to vape these juices without becoming ill. I do believe it is the flavorings that are used.

So you can go right ahead and continue to be "highly skeptical" but I believe those going the extra mile to make organic e-juices are to be commended.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What is "safe and effective" to use in your vaporizer? Nothing is proven to be safe to vape at this point in time.

So why would you single out organics as a focus for your not "safe or effective opinion"? If you feel a strong need to warn people of what you consider to be unsafe to vape why not post your "not safe or effective opinion" concerning the vaping of PG? In my opinion that stuff is seriously nasty. Anyhow, I digress.

We can most likely all agree that vaping is safer for one's health than smoking - and that is why most of us are vaping.

I had to quit vaping because the flavorings in non organic e-juices were making me sick.

I stupidly went back to smoking.

I found a line of e-juice (Guilty Pleasures Organics) that now allows me to vape again!

I want to spread the word because if I can get even one person to start vaping again or one person to avoid having to quit vaping, I have done some good.

I do not believe it is the VG or the nicotine in Guilty Pleasures Organics that allows me to vape these juices without becoming ill. I do believe it is the flavorings that are used.

So you can go right ahead and continue to be "highly skeptical" but I believe those going the extra mile to make organic e-juices are to be commended.

You're conflating two different things here. First, I stated that I am highly skeptical of the organic label because by current standards, the quantity of organic materials in the liquid doesn't come close to the 70% threshold. That standard may be seen as arbitrary, but it's there and it's accepted by producers, vendors and USDA.

It's only my opinion, but labeling them as organic is misleading at best.

The other thing is the herbal extracts being added by some of the vendors. These are not identified as USDA food grade. Food grade ingredients also meet a certain standard and once they do, they are "generally regarded as safe" for human consumption. Ingredients that do not rise to the food grade standard can't be said to be regarded as safe. I would never use any of them, regardless of how good they tasted.

That said, I agree with you that using liquids made with those ingredients are absolutely safer than smoking. If you enjoy them, feel free. I'm glad you do, and I'm glad anyone else who likes them are also doing so and not smoking.

You're conflating two different things here. First, I stated that I am highly skeptical of the organic label because by current standards, the quantity of organic materials in the liquid doesn't come close to the 70% threshold. That standard may be seen as arbitrary, but it's there and it's accepted by producers, vendors and USDA.

It's only my opinion, but labeling them as organic is misleading at best.

The other thing is the herbal extracts being added by some of the vendors. These are not identified as USDA food grade. Food grade ingredients also meet a certain standard and once they do, they are "generally regarded as safe" for human consumption. Ingredients that do not rise to the food grade standard can't be said to be regarded as safe. I would never use any of them, regardless of how good they tasted.

That said, I agree with you that using liquids made with those ingredients are absolutely safer than smoking. If you enjoy them, feel free. I'm glad you do, and I'm glad anyone else who likes them are also doing so and not smoking.

I suppose the brightest course to take at this point is to agree to disagree.

I am thankful that Guilty Pleasures Organics makes their wonderful and tasty juice. I can now vape again without becoming ill.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
Is there a place to get organic or at least kosher flavors? Especially - nothing with Castoreum???? I want to DIY - but????

I have an organic thread that Caught fire, flew through the gates of hell, came back to earth to smash it into oblivion, 14 pages of comments and over 4k views
in short.. you have your answer. Nature Flavors :) be well friend.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Is there a place to get organic or at least kosher flavors? Especially - nothing with Castoreum???? I want to DIY - but????

How about gafilte fish :2cool:

Honestly you will hard pressed to find "Kosher" flavors, perhaps P but not authorized by U of O.

Know what I mean Jelly Bean!

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I suppose the brightest course to take at this point is to agree to disagree.

I am thankful that Guilty Pleasures Organics makes their wonderful and tasty juice. I can now vape again without becoming ill.

I think you're a reasonable man, and reasonable men can disagree reasonably.

Vape on, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread