Any Racing Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious... I am helping Al Unser Jr with a project. Let me know what you think. Check out Al Unser Jr. Charity Auction

The winner gets a seat in the first ever Al Unser Racing Clinic to Fight Paralysis. Spend time in the classroom and behind the wheel with Al, Al III and Miranda Throckmorton. Drive a real race car. Even get a couple of Hot laps with Little Al, in a high-performance supercar at speeds over 180 MPH.

Any racing fans dream.... Available to all of North America, EU, AUS and NZ racing fans.

If you like what you see, please spread the word and help Al Jr win the fight against Paralysis.

Feedback or questions are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam G

Last edited:
I'm a NASCAR fan myself. I had the chance to take a stock car around Charlotte Motor Speedway back in the mid 90's during the Richard Petty Racing Experience. It was a wild ride. 8-o

Big Jim,

What a pleasant surprise... Now were talking... So you know what it's like to get on that track. That's sick! I may have my chance in July. I'm looking forward to it.

Al Unser Jr is a true champion and it's an honor to work with the guy. Go check out the site and enter... You just may win.

Thanks for taking the time...

Adam G

VictorySpeedway

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Northern New Jersey, USA
I'm a fan of local grass roots dirt track racing. I am fortunate to be within an hour of the oldest continuously operating dirt track in the U.S., and one of the oldest racing surfaces in the world - Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, NY.

I'm the track historian, and as active as I can be as a fan.

(Shameless plug warning) Victory Speedway , a short history of our beloved speedway.

Anyone in the NY Metro Area who thinks they might enjoy a night at the races is cordially invited to spend an evening with our local heroes.

Since smoking in the grandstands was outlawed a few years ago, I look forward to vaping to my heart's content this season.

Chanel

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Toronto
www.helium.com
For quite a while I didn't care about the sport jbrocky. My son was into it, but not me.
In fact the vroom vroom vroom got on my nerves.
Then he said, it's different if you support a particular driver, so I started looking for a driver I liked.
One week I noticed Tony Stewart and as that say ... the rest is history.
Now I never miss a race. I have a couple of Tony's T-shirts, a couple of his jackets, a calendar, oh and of course a model of his car.

I like other drivers too though. I like Jeff, and Jimmy, and Carl and ... oh a couple more.

I'm a fan of local grass roots dirt track racing. I am fortunate to be within an hour of the oldest continuously operating dirt track in the U.S., and one of the oldest racing surfaces in the world - Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, NY.

I'm the track historian, and as active as I can be as a fan.

(Shameless plug warning) Victory Speedway , a short history of our beloved speedway.

Anyone in the NY Metro Area who thinks they might enjoy a night at the races is cordially invited to spend an evening with our local heroes.

Since smoking in the grandstands was outlawed a few years ago, I look forward to vaping to my heart's content this season.

Nice... I guess I was wrong... First Big Jim W and now a racing historian. BTW Your shameless plug gave me an idea...=) Did you check out Al Jr's site? I think we may be able to do some cross-promotions if you are down...

PM me if you are interested in hearing my idea.

AG

For quite a while I didn't care about the sport jbrocky. My son was into it, but not me.
In fact the vroom vroom vroom got on my nerves.
Then he said, it's different if you support a particular driver, so I started looking for a driver I liked.
One week I noticed Tony Stewart and as that say ... the rest is history.
Now I never miss a race. I have a couple of Tony's T-shirts, a couple of his jackets, a calendar, oh and of course a model of his car.

I like other drivers too though. I like Jeff, and Jimmy, and Carl and ... oh a couple more.

This is great... I am starting to feel less alone in this thread... =)

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Sik! You should see the high-performance supercar that we have for Al jr in the clinic. He'll be giving hotlaps in a 2010 Camaro. 650HP Crazy!

Any pics? My Camaro has a 383 stroker. It started as a 350, but I threw a couple rods and spun some main bearings years ago. So I broke it down and sent it to the machine shop.

They bored it .0040 (or is it .040?) over, balanced and knife-edged the crankshaft, ported the valves, 2" intake, 2 3/16s exhaust.

I got it back from the machine shop and started the reasembly. 6" rods, 11.5:1 compression pistons, 28Xcam (can't remember, but I do have the blueprints), can't remember the duration, but it likes to stall at stop lights.

I also did a serpentine belt conversion, edelbrock intake mani, Holley 1050cfm double pumper w/ mechanical secondaries and MSD ignition.

Behind it all is a Centerforce Dual friction clutch and a Richmond "Street/Strip Bulletproof" 5-speed with a Hurst shifter.

The car's a beast. Pulled 627rwhp and around 700lb-ft of torque. I'll dig up the dyno sheet if you want to see it.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Big Jim,

What a pleasant surprise... Now were talking... So you know what it's like to get on that track. That's sick! I may have my chance in July. I'm looking forward to it.

Al Unser Jr is a true champion and it's an honor to work with the guy. Go check out the site and enter... You just may win.

Thanks for taking the time...

Adam G

I'm more of a big "down home" track fan than the bigger races myself. I used to work at Thompson International Speedway (Thompson, Conn) as a teenager and met up with a lot of the greats in the North East modified circuit. Guys like Geoff Bodine, Ron Bouchard, Richie Evans, Charlie Jarzombek, Fred Desarro (I was great friends with his sons and we used to pull pranks all the time at Thompson. We were such troublemakers. ;)) and others. Last time I heard from my friend Geoff was about a year ago. He's doing well, but we almost lost him to Daytona to this

YouTube - Geoff Bodine near fatal NASCAR crash at Daytona

I also worked at Seekonk Speedway, the now defunct Westboro Speedway (Westboro, Mass), Stafford Motor Speedway (Stafford Springs, Conn), Oswego Motor Speedway (Oswego, NY), and I even had a job up in Maine at the Oxford Motor Speedway for awhile. As a teen, I was quite busy between selling programs and working with the track clean up crew at most of the major NE tracks. I practically lived on greasy consession stand hamburgers smothered in onions. Man was it fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread