• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any vapers from Acadiana here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
My mother is actually getting alot of local people into vaping. However, that means that the average age of the vapers here is around 45 now. Not many people in the same life stage as me. While the younger generation is normally more keen on technology. They are also vunerable to the "personal fable" believing that they are invunerable and therefore don't quit smoking readily. They are also prone to stopping vaping due to minor frustrations trying to find that sweet spot. Older people generally have realized their own mortality and are willing to go through the humps and bumps to get the technology to work. Mixed with the low SES of LakeCharles, the average age and distribution of vapers is generally around 45 here. What about your area?

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I'm the only vaper I know of in New Iberia. I've shown some of my former students hoping to interest them, but most are pack-at-a-time purchasers & don't have the cash for the initial outlay. Someday, I'll have the opportunity to make up another PIF starter kit to give to one of 'em who's truly interested.
I've gotten my daughter interested, so I made PIF starter kit up for her out of my 'spare' gear. (Is there really any spare gear? I keep all but one of my PVs busy - each with a different flavor.)

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Hey count i'm in broussard. I too would think that there would be more vapers out here but maybe most just don't visit ECF. For me its myself, my wife, and my brother in law. I have some old 510 batteries and 2.7 ohm cartos id throw in for anyone wanting a PIF starter kit.

Very cool! All we need is a few more vapers, and a place that serves drinks & coffee. We're halfway to a small vapemeet. :D

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
That has been my assessment as well count. I would like to benefit from others using it, but don't want to invest the time. I have a poor hx when it comes to video games. Video games have an addictive potential that I cannot afford to indulge. So how far are you guys from Laffayette? I'm about 1.5 hours, which is a major drive if I have to bring my 2 year old, but might be a good trip for a "major" meet every once in awhile.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I have 2 1000mAh Twists (with a 3rd on order) a 14500 VV box mod, a 14500 3.7v box, and 3 1100mAh ego clones (2 of which are headed to my daughter).

I drip on a 2.5Ω Boge 510 atty, but am ordering a couple of 306s soon. I use clearos & "C2-type" tanks on a regular basis. I really like the E-1 clearos. They work well & are less expensive than "Stardusts". I do have a couple of the new replaceable head SDs, and some of the older (yet 'NEW' plastic) V3 SDs. All of the v1 & v2 SDs suffered from cracking plastic.

I use a 6ml E-2 tank and an older 3.5ml Vision "extreme" giant tank. Don't have a vivi nova yet (still too spendy for my taste - I can get two E-2s for the same price).

I tend to favor fruit juices the most, with mints coming in second, and some stronger flavors (licorice, coffee, and dark chocolate).

I'm out of the classroom now (after 5ys in middle & 5yrs in high school) and am the librarian at an elementary school. :D I still have to teach information resources, literary genres, and online researching/citations though.

Thanks for the tip on Vaporcast & SI for starter kits!

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
That has been my assessment as well count. I would like to benefit from others using it, but don't want to invest the time. I have a poor hx when it comes to video games. Video games have an addictive potential that I cannot afford to indulge. So how far are you guys from Laffayette? I'm about 1.5 hours, which is a major drive if I have to bring my 2 year old, but might be a good trip for a "major" meet every once in awhile.

Depending on the time of day 35-50min to Laf from N.I. (plus extra if it's on the north or west side of town).

Used to go through LC frequently on my way to Iowa, LA when my ex's mother lived there & I had to hand off my daughter to grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread