Any way to stop the "time out" on an Ego type battery? I like a hotter but my newer Egos start to blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
should be a 10sec cutoff , not a second or too, or if u click the button 5 times really fast it shuts the battery off, then 5 clicks to turn on the light will blink 3 times then. but it shouldn't cutoff after a second or two, thats not long enough to take a vape...

I dont really understand ur question i have never heard of that happening, i click my button 5 times and turn it on then vape away it only flashes on me when the battery is dead or when turning batt off or on..

maybe someone else know a little bit more..

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I finally had to replace my older Ego supply and I'm hating the newer ones because after pressing the button for a second or two, the battery "cuts off" and the button light starts to blink. Is there a way to disable this?

That's not the cutoff - that's something else. The cutoff on a Joye eGo is listed as 10 seconds and will go 12-14 seconds. Contact your vendor.

Doing the 5 click on/off like fairweasel suggests might clear it up (reboot). Also putting it on the charger may also. 3 flashes is almost always a short circuit problem from a coil below 1.3"Ω. What ohms are you using? If you're doing 'sub ohm', don't do it on an eGo. If you're rebuilding, always check the coil with a multimeter before using.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
If the eGo is blinking before you've finished a 10 second draw...there is something wrong. You should be able to go 10 seconds...but any more and the light will flash a warning. It'll also flash if there is some sort of short. It doesn't "have" to be because of too low ohms...could be something faulty with the clearo or atomizer you are using.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
No he's right. I have a new ego 900mah...if you take too long of a drag...it blinks (a warning or something) and cuts off the vape.

Had the same experience with several different ones bought recently. Out of the bunch, one was a genuine Joyetech and wouldn't take a charge after a couple of weeks. The others just continue to blink randomly. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. One vape will be perfect and the next will cut out, not to mention the cut off times seem to be somewhat random. I throw the same tank on my Lambo and it reads a perfect 2.4 with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread