Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't usually go to the B&Ms at all, unless I'm in the market for juice I know they carry, or in the mood to experiment at the vape bar, with an eye to buying *something*. But that's mainly because when I first started, and would spend some time at the vape bar, I felt guilty not buying something... that's how I ended up with Halo Turkish which I later decided I didn't care for at all, except maybe as an ingredient in something I mix myself.

Andria

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I like to support my local B&Ms and go there as much for the conversation as for the products. Since I do purchase from them occasionally, I don't feel guilty at all just hanging out some of the time.

Also, tho I too have a goodly supply of eliquid at home, every visit is a chance to taste new flavors, because that one "killer," world's best juice is always just a taste away!

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
I never feel bad about not spending much in a vape shop... It's usually best not to mention Fasttech or any discount on-line sources. The staff tends to shut down and get a little miffed...

Now that I've gone DIY on juice though I have a real hard time kicking out the retail price most places charge. Oh and for the shops that make their own juice flavors... Geez forget talking shop on flavor mixing. It's like you are asking them to disclose National Security secrets...

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
My local B&M is where I started. They were, and still are, good to me. Have become friends with the owner and often will spend and hour or more just talking. He is getting married next month and has asked my wife to make the bridal set and some jewelry gifts for guests.
Since starting I have gotten into DIY and building my own coils so I generally will just purchase a juice every once in a while.
He just hired a new juice maker who makes some great juice that I like so I will probably be stopping by a little more often now!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
There are a couple of local shops I patronize. Yeah, juice junkie :) even though most of my flavors are purchased on-line.

While I won't get stuff that's waaaay overpriced, sometimes, if within a reasonable markup for store overhead, I'll pick up minor hardware items. I like to encourage them and at least do a small part in keeping them open. Who knows, I might actually need something in a hurry some day!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I never feel bad about not spending much in a vape shop... It's usually best not to mention Fasttech or any discount on-line sources. The staff tends to shut down and get a little miffed...

Now that I've gone DIY on juice though I have a real hard time kicking out the retail price most places charge. Oh and for the shops that make their own juice flavors... Geez forget talking shop on flavor mixing. It's like you are asking them to disclose National Security secrets...

Got that right! I have to be very careful how much VG I use, and I can't even get the Pipe Sauce PG/VG ratio... either they don't know, or they just aren't telling, and that's a real problem for me, because I love to mix the Oak Barrel Cider into my Virginia -- but I'd sure love to know the exact ratio of PG/VG they use, so I could calculate what I end up with after the mixing. So far I've just been guessing 50/50 but I really have no idea. Guess it never occurred to them that people have might problems with one or the other.

Andria

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I like to go into the local B&M and chat, maybe help out a customer build a RDA or RBA, I always walk out with a battery if nothing else.

I tend to walk in and out of shops that don't stock rebuilding supplies. My go to place is DFW Vapors here in Louisville KY, the employees are very friendly and the prices are fine for me.

I don't buy much juice at the B&M's these days, I like Nicoticket and Five Pawns or a couple things I've managed to come up with myself. So I don't feel bad about not spending much in the shops, actually I think I've helped make a sale or two.

The B&Ms are our front lines in the fight to keep vaping alive in my opinion. Every sale is at the very least a confirmation that there is another person in support of vaping. That can't be a bad thing in my mind.

Maurice

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
We have several B&Ms in my area; and I know all the owners, as well as most of the employees. I stop in one or the other every once in a while, just to hang out, and talk vaping. Once in a while, I'll buy a drip tip or two. But the local shops don't carry the type if gear I'm into; so I buy just about everything on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread