Anyone else having problems with Avid attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2009
here :d
I bought three attys from Avid about week ago and having firing issues with all three on my woodvile. I purchased two 510's in 2.0 and 1.8 ohm, and another 306. All three fire intermittently. I emailed Cisco and he replied that he has had issues with his attys fitting the Reos lately. He suggested to try tightening the atty, I tried doing that but I'm still having the same issue.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any suggestions on what I should do??

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Well the important question would be ..... do they feel like they are screwing all the way down and seating ??

That would be the first question in my mind as well. I've had a few in the past that didn't want to "seat" all the way down. It will definitley cause the intermittent firing. Don't "force" them, whatever you do. If simple hand tightening doesn't make enough contact, you may try (at your own risk, and VERY carefully) pulling "out on the center post" of the atty a hair. Sometimes a fraction of a mm will make all the difference in the world. If that don't work, I'd contact Frank Cisco again. :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I bought three attys from Avid about week ago and having firing issues with all three on my woodvile. I purchased two 510's in 2.0 and 1.8 ohm, and another 306. All three fire intermittently. I emailed Cisco and he replied that he has had issues with his attys fitting the Reos lately. He suggested to try tightening the atty, I tried doing that but I'm still having the same issue.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any suggestions on what I should do??
I am running the lr 1.8s on my woodvil not having any issues.Have you tried other atomizers is it just the avid attys?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I am running the lr 1.8s on my woodvil not having any issues.Have you tried other atomizers is it just the avid attys?

I ordered 2 which are on the way. In the past I check the box for REO use and have had no problems. The 2 that are incoming I didnt remember to check the box so I contacted Avid and was told to try them because "its hit or miss". He would fix it if they wont work.

I did have a 1.8Ω not work when he first came out with them and it metered fine but acted as if it were dead when I tried it on my Woodvil. He replaced it with a 1.5Ω and that worked. This happened before the REO box was on site as a option.

Last edited:

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
I have a couple of 306's on the way from Avid. I wondered why they asked about REO usage. Hopefully, they will send some that work with my mini. :vapor:

The threading of the atties was the issue (I think). So he asks if you are using them on a Reo, so he can check on his Reo if the atty will screw in
I haven't ordered from avid in a couple of weeks, but 2-3 weeks back I ordered some lr 1.5 and they work great

JonesingJr

Feb 7, 2011
Bluffton, SC
I haven't had any problems with the Avid Vaper Cisco attys that I've bought but I have some Ikenvape 306LR attys that don't screw down on my Mini or Grand. I just put these away until I can figure out what to do with them. I, like others have said, don't want to force them on my Reos. I read somewhere on the forum that you can take a piece of sandpaper to them but haven't had time to mess with them.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
If your having troubles with avids atomizers send your mod to me I will re tap your threads this should take care of any threading issues

Good to know. I have 2 on the way and didn't specify REO use so we will see. If they don't I'll just do that cause I really like Cisco attys.....but the Nebula doesn't leave me without a Mini Nebula so I'll make do till I get one even if I have to lower myself to using Bauway attys:facepalm:.

:)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Good to know. I have 2 on the way and didn't specify REO use so we will see. If they don't I'll just do that cause I really like Cisco attys.....but the Nebula doesn't leave me without a Mini Nebula so I'll make do till I get one even if I have to lower myself to using Bauway attys:facepalm:.

:)
There shouldn't be any issues with the woodvils or mini woodvils .I will be keeping a close eye on all the mods that go out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread