Anyone Ever Received The Wrong Atty From A Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
ok so I bought the Asmodus Spruzza Squonk Kit
don't get me wrong I'm happy with it, well the mod anyways the rda that came with it is junk
but when I got it I noticed the rda looked different then the pictures on the site...
sure enough it's completely different
what is listed on the site and even on the box it came in is "Atmizer (FONTE) included"
and on the site
Product Includes:

• One AsMODus Spruzza 80W TC Squonk Box Mod
  • One Asmodus Fonte 24mm RDA
However what I received was the oni-one

I contacted the vender about it and they asked me for pictures of the product, so I sent them some screenshots as well as the video of my unboxing/first impressions so that there is no argument over that I'm lying.
However, what's really got me a bit peeved off is that I went to their product listing to take a screenshot of what it states, I noticed that they have now updated the product images with the rda that came in my box, instead of the original pictures of the fonte when I made my purchase....lmfao but however they still forgot to update the actual product description as it still states that the fonte is what it comes with (as well as what is stated on the packaging, I know they have no control over the packaging, but they have all control over their own product listing)

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how was it resolved?

and yes this was with eightvape, so we'll see what happens....doesn't bode well that they have now (after I contacted them) updated the product pictures....

1.png

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
They probably changed when you brought it to their attention, doubt eightvape knew asmodus had made any changes. I'd wait a couple days before checking in with them and give them time to check in with asmodus. Time zones need to be taken into account from their end.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You might well be the first person to bring it to their attention. I can't see Eightvape verifying the contents of what are sealed boxes from the distributor. They work off of what's on the box the same as the rest of us. I imagine they're updating their site if this is in fact a systemic switch Asmodus made without updating their box specs. I've dealt with them for orders and never had a problem, and I can't see them switching the contents before shipping. They sell too much stuff to do that on kit tanks which are usually pretty cheap on the first place.

I hope you get it resolved. Please be sure to update us as I'm at least interested in the ending to this.

Edit: what @Punk In Drublic just posted a second before me

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I always like to at least test the kit's rda just for s&g....the only good one i've gotten so far was from the aegis legend kit, the aero mesh tank was nice....other than that yeah I know they're usually crappy

just seemed really .... odd .... that after I contacted them they then changed the product pictures (though they forgot to change the product description)
I can understand they don't have anything to do with the packaging....it was just that when I brought it to their attention they asked for pictures (again, I can understand trying to make sure what is actually going on) but just seemed a bit shady that now a day later after they asked for my proof of the atty, they changed their product pictures.... I don't know.... anyways, waiting on them to reply...
lmfao and I mean I know that they didn't take the time to open the kit up, replace the atty and seal the kit again lmfao.... seems asmodus really dropped the ball on 1. notifying suppliers of the change and 2. of even changing their own packaging
or did I just get an *oops* factory mess up, put the wrong thing into the box :?:
but as @Punk In Drublic posted the video, they state they changed the rda in the kit...so it seems they really dropped the ball here

And was really curious if anyone else ever had that happen....

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There recently was the release of the popular Topside squonk. It was supposed to come with two bottles, one installed the other in the package. Dovpo screwed it up and didn't put the second bottle in the box so sent them on to vendors with a separate box to be delivered in the same package. Even some of the biggest, most reliable vendors out there didn't get the memo and had folks yelling where's the extra bottle. Those vendors had to ship out those bottles eating the additional shipping costs themselves. Errors happen.

As to the website, remember we're coming off a very busy Thanksgiving holiday sales weekend and I have no clue what sort of IT web staff they have to pay attention to all the updates that need to be made. Plenty of real dedicated IT companies can have problems with quick roll outs of patches for errors. A day or two extra to correct the text isn't necessarily a sign of sneaky behavior. If it's not fixed in a week or more I'd be very disappointed in them.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:lol: I just looked at the date on the video....it's from January.....wow asmodus really dropped the ball
9 months and they didn't notify retailers of the change or change their packaging (then again I don't know when eightvape got this in from the time I purchased it but still)

and just looked up on asmodus' website, they still also list the fonte as the rda that comes with the kit, but the picture is the oni-one...apparently even they are confused on their own product :lol:

well good to know it wasn't just a factory mistake

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
just an update to say there's no update.... eightvape hasn't gotten back to me, in fact my customer service account has been locked out, I've requested a password reset many of times but no such luck, only get an email stating that the reset was requested but nothing else....
had to create a new account to contact them about an issue with the mod (it's leaking now) and still no word from them yet on this matter either (though it's only been a few days over the weekend so I'm waiting a few more days before contacting them again)

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Should have made that screen shot before contacting them. (And a File Save Page as...)

Same thing can happen with HTML email. Not vape related, but when the product did not match the ad I was a bit shocked that the ad updated after I contacted them. Only the text was stored on my computer, not the pictures.

Reactions: Shadav

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Still no word from them about the listing being wrong....I seriously doubt I will ever hear from them on this
however I did get a reply a week later about asking for an exchange or return
basically I was told I'm SOL
I had 14 days from the date it was marked as delivered to request a return and I could try contacting asmodus for help
I checked the date, it was 16 days from the date marked as delivered to the date that I emailed them about an exchange or return
thanks for the support....seriously doubt that I'll be buying from eightvape again nor will I be advertising them on THL anymore either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread