Anyone got that new Smok Species mod yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
I just ordered one yesterday. I know there are a lot of vapers who hate smok and won't touch their products so let's not start a smok bashfest.

I love the look of the mod and I'm excited to try the new V2 baby prince or whatever it's called lol. It has one bigger mesh coil and a double mesh coil.

I can't seem to find any reviews on Youtube. So just curious if anyone has it or is gonna get it.

Reactions: stols001

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
Ok so I got it up and running and will give you guys a little mini review.

First off, the mod itself is absolutely beautiful. The finish is great. I got the Blue. The fire bar is very clicky and had a little bit of curve in your upper hand which makes it feel even more comfortable to fire. The screen is one of the best I've seen on a mod and the UI is super clean and easy to use. I love that the mod automatically locks when you are vaping so you can't accidentally raise the wattage to 230 and blow you face off. Done it before and it's not fun.

As for the TFV8 V2, it's definitely worthy of being called Version 2. I like how they changed up the fill port. It works better. Not only does it look better, it performs great. But it has a couple cons in my opinion. First one is the drip tip is proprietary. It's like a sleeve over a mental part of the tank. So you can't use your own drip tips. Come on Smok. If there is anything good about it, it vapes more like an 810 tip than a 510. Which brings me to another minor con and this may be subjective. The airflow is massive. I don't think anyone will vape it with the airflow wide open. I had to close it down halfway and I normally vape everything wide open.

The last con would be the single mesh coil is rated something like best at 110-130 watts. I'm not a high wattage vaper. I like it around 60-70 tops. Can't vape this coil at that wattage, feels like you are just vaping air at that point. So when you do turn it up to around 95-100 its a somewhat hot vape and it makes the tank hot and you can feel it burning your lips if you are chain vaping. Ok, so I guess I had more than two cons. But that's ok, because overall it's a good tank. I haven't tried the duel mesh coil yet. Which is rated at a much lower wattage. So I'll have to try that out. And I almost forgot, the flavor on the single mesh, even though the it's hot, is really good. I'd put it up against any sub ohm tank. Even the Fireluke Mesh Pro. Maybe it's not that good, but it's close. And really in the end, that's all that matters.

So my overall thoughts after using it for a few hours is that it's a solid kit. Mod is super attractive and easy to use. Tank is very good with just the few cons I mentioned. And flavor is top notch.

If I had to give it a score, I'd say 8/10. Those few cons I mentioned keep it from being a 10. But I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new kit, especially if you don't mind a hotter vape.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Ok so I got it up and running and will give you guys a little mini review.

First off, the mod itself is absolutely beautiful. The finish is great. I got the Blue. The fire bar is very clicky and had a little bit of curve in your upper hand which makes it feel even more comfortable to fire. The screen is one of the best I've seen on a mod and the UI is super clean and easy to use. I love that the mod automatically locks when you are vaping so you can't accidentally raise the wattage to 230 and blow you face off. Done it before and it's not fun.

As for the TFV8 V2, it's definitely worthy of being called Version 2. I like how they changed up the fill port. It works better. Not only does it look better, it performs great. But it has a couple cons in my opinion. First one is the drip tip is proprietary. It's like a sleeve over a mental part of the tank. So you can't use your own drip tips. Come on Smok. If there is anything good about it, it vapes more like an 810 tip than a 510. Which brings me to another minor con and this may be subjective. The airflow is massive. I don't think anyone will vape it with the airflow wide open. I had to close it down halfway and I normally vape everything wide open.

The last con would be the single mesh coil is rated something like best at 110-130 watts. I'm not a high wattage vaper. I like it around 60-70 tops. Can't vape this coil at that wattage, feels like you are just vaping air at that point. So when you do turn it up to around 95-100 its a somewhat hot vape and it makes the tank hot and you can feel it burning your lips if you are chain vaping. Ok, so I guess I had more than two cons. But that's ok, because overall it's a good tank. I haven't tried the duel mesh coil yet. Which is rated at a much lower wattage. So I'll have to try that out. And I almost forgot, the flavor on the single mesh, even though the it's hot, is really good. I'd put it up against any sub ohm tank. Even the Fireluke Mesh Pro. Maybe it's not that good, but it's close. And really in the end, that's all that matters.

So my overall thoughts after using it for a few hours is that it's a solid kit. Mod is super attractive and easy to use. Tank is very good with just the few cons I mentioned. And flavor is top notch.

If I had to give it a score, I'd say 8/10. Those few cons I mentioned keep it from being a 10. But I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new kit, especially if you don't mind a hotter vape.

Good review. Do I have a photo of yours?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread