Anyone have a hard time breathing after prolonged vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
On occasion I've noticed my chest feels like it's heavy after prolonged vaping... I'm almost afraid I'm going to give myself pneumonia of something. :S

My chest feels funky at times, but I chalk that up to my lungs adjusting to the sudden lack of tar entering them after 20 years of heavy smoking. Otherwise, I breathe easier than I can remember, even during a vape draw, it's striking how much more deeply I can inhale.

Did you recently quit smoking cigarettes?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If your still kinda new this may happen for a while, I noticed for a while I would get winded from heavy vaping on certain devices. It takes a long time for the lungs to repair themselves, and may be awhile before you notice feeling winded goes away even though the feeling of finally breathing easier doesnt take long..

Jae Espino

Sep 26, 2013
Philippines
Hey kingslothdrops... Congratulations on making the switch before anything else.

With regards to your question, another thing which may contribute to the chest pains aside from the withdrawal symptoms of quitting tobacco is the nicotine density on your ejuice. A large dosage of nicotine in a short span of time may cause temporary broncho and vaso constriction. If you are experiencing chest pains during heavy vaping, just go ahead and give it a break for 30 minutes or so and drink a glass of water while you're at it.

I think almost everyone here has experienced the same problem especially during the first few days or weeks of making the switch to ecigs. With all the amusement of finally finding an alternative to tobacco, it is normal that we vape practically constantly throughout the day(I know I did) thus causing you to consume more nicotine than usual. Nicotine is metabolized pretty quickly though so a quick vape break every now and then should do the trick. :) Don't worry about the "water vapor build-up in your lungs" theory though. It's simply not true. Hehehe :)

Hope this helps. Vape on buddy. :vapor:

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
No problems with lung capacity here. Haven't smoked an analog in months. I took my PV out with me on a 14 mile hike. I rocked that walk completely, and had a few good vaping sessions along the way, walking and climbing hills at a military fashion route-march pace. I too wondered if vaping was gong to turn me into a slow, unfit wheezing individual, but it's not so. In fact I never felt fitter. Vape on!

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
Getting rid of toxins may cause various changes. I drink lots of water now and than. I suspected for the color of my urine and smell and quantity of my sweat are caused for I was intaking too much vapour. After 5 months it all changed. I vape as much as before but both sympthoms subsided and I found out it was the body getting rid of toxins

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It could be the result of several things. One thing to keep in mind is you don't need to "lung inhale" as you did with smoking since the nic in vape is absorbed in the mucus lining in the mouth, not in the lungs. I used to be a deep lung inhaler when smoking and it took me weeks to unlearn my smoking technique when I started vaping. When you start it's a lot easier on you system to vape like you are smoking a cigar - large, open mouth drags off the e-cig. Take the vape into your mouth and to the back of the throat and no more. You can pick up lung vaping as you get adjusted, just keep in mind that it really isn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread