Anyone use use VandyVape and Geekvape waterproof mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Hey all -- -because of my job I need durable mods and ones that I feel comfortable with working as a tech in high heat conditions and various indoor/outdoor conditions so I finally gave up my Kanger boxes (except for the Neebox --I still like that). Here is what I am now using or soon-to-be using.

• Geekvape Legend (200 Watt) in Blue - the dual battery one and I really like it - very durable, great battery life and it gives me a feeling of safety using it in all kinds of conditions.
  • Geekvape Legend (100 watt). I was so happy with the legend so I purchased the single battery one and am not really wowed by it. It's nice but nothing special.
  • geekvape aegis x. Instead of getting another Legend I saw the Aegis X so I preordered one from sourcemore --anyone use them? I'm sure I will like it.
  • VandyVape Jackaroo. I've never used anything by them so I took the plunge and purchased the Jackaroo. I really REALLY like it. It goes to 100 watts vs the 200 Legend. I do not go over 50 so it is fine. I think I like it slightly more than the legend! And I like that is has removable/changeable panels. It is heavy but I like that.
  • VandyVape Swell. Waiting for my order to arrive. It is 200 watts dual battery mod. This looked pretty cool because it has an app with it. This one has changeable panels as well. Anyone using the Swell? This one should be here Monday.
So I was pretty much done with my durable mods --I figured five would do it and then I saw that the mod I paid much more for -- the Jackaroo -- was dirt cheap over at Eightvape so I wanted to share it with you. Of course, I could not resist and purchased another one. How could I resist? It's 15 dollars with their coupon plus shipping. I thought I would share that link because it's a great buy. Only the orange one is on sale. And it includes a tank. I just bought the mods but on this one I will get the tank.
Vandy Vape Jackaroo 100W Kit

All colors are on sale now

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Personally i'm waiting for the aegis squonk, been waiting for that one for years now
Bought a legend back when i used tanks, no need for it these days as i use squonk mods exclusively.
I have not tried squonking yet --- maybe that's next. I like that they have high capacity bottles. I'm just not as familiar -- I use RTA's and I think it has to have a special pin?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Personally i'm waiting for the aegis squonk, been waiting for that one for years now
    Bought a legend back when i used tanks, no need for it these days as i use squonk mods exclusively.
    I'm getting ready to review the Aegis Squonk GeekVape sent me, here's a few pictures.

20190925_151818.jpg

20190925_151630.jpg

20190925_151910.jpg

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I have not tried squonking yet --- maybe that's next. I like that they have high capacity bottles. I'm just not as familiar -- I use RTA's and I think it has to have a special pin?
    You need an rDa for squonking with of course a squonking pin (every rda i own has a squonk pin included in the box) rta don't have squonk pins as they already use tanks.
    I'm getting ready to review the Aegis Squonk GeekVape sent me, here's a few pictures.
    Mind if i ask how's the size compared to the legend ?

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    You need an rDa for squonking with of course a squonking pin (every rda i own has a squonk pin included in the box) rta don't have squonk pins as they already use tanks.

Mind if i ask how's the size compared to the legend ?
    Here's a couple of pictures of it with a Aegis Solo.

20190926_022515.jpg

20190926_022031.jpg

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    What does the conversion kit do exactly? I have stuck a tank on my squonkers and used them as regular mods.
    you just put regular tanks on them? I am not a squonker (yet) so this Geekvape one I think removes a panel or something so there is no bottle --I am not sure @bigbob2322 is going ot be doing a review so I am curious too

I never really thought about it but if it is a regulated squonker you could just put a regular tank on it I guess, right? and would just not use the bottle.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    you just put regular tanks on them? I am not a squonker (yet) so this Geekvape one I think removes a panel or something so there is no bottle --I am not sure @bigbob2322 is going ot be doing a review so I am curious too

I never really thought about it but if it is a regulated squonker you could just put a regular tank on it I guess, right? and would just not use the bottle.

That is what I have done. I suppose the accessory would make it prettier, not have the bottle/showing. IDK

• Useful
    Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Here's a picture of the extra bottle and conversion cover that turns the mod into a regular mod. Review coming soon.

View attachment 841493
    That's kind of cool. Thanks. I have not gotten into squonking so that might be a good one for me because it gives me options since its convertible.

How do you like it?

@rosesense and I chatted about it and I really never thought about it ---in a sense any squonk mod --and I am thinking regulated could be used as a regular mod --you'd just have the empty bottle showing.

I go through a good amount of juice per day so I'd probably be a good squonk candidate. I've never dripped either. Just RTA's and box mods.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @chellie, I think that you'd really like Squonking. As RDA's are considerably easier to work with than RTA's, and best of all you don't get any airlocking issues.

Only downside is that if you over Squonk it gets messy very quickly, but that's easily remedied by carrying some Kitchen Towels or Tissues with you. A quick wipe down and everything is copacetic again.

Plus, there's a load of good clone RDA's at really reasonable prices.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Hey all -- -because of my job I need durable mods and ones that I feel comfortable with working as a tech in high heat conditions and various indoor/outdoor conditions so I finally gave up my Kanger boxes (except for the Neebox --I still like that). Here is what I am now using or soon-to-be using.

• Geekvape Legend (200 Watt) in Blue - the dual battery one and I really like it - very durable, great battery life and it gives me a feeling of safety using it in all kinds of conditions.
    • Geekvape Legend (100 watt). I was so happy with the legend so I purchased the single battery one and am not really wowed by it. It's nice but nothing special.
    • Geekvape Aegis X. Instead of getting another Legend I saw the Aegis X so I preordered one from Sourcemore --anyone use them? I'm sure I will like it.
    • VandyVape Jackaroo. I've never used anything by them so I took the plunge and purchased the Jackaroo. I really REALLY like it. It goes to 100 watts vs the 200 Legend. I do not go over 50 so it is fine. I think I like it slightly more than the legend! And I like that is has removable/changeable panels. It is heavy but I like that.
    • VandyVape Swell. Waiting for my order to arrive. It is 200 watts dual battery mod. This looked pretty cool because it has an app with it. This one has changeable panels as well. Anyone using the Swell? This one should be here Monday.
    So I was pretty much done with my durable mods --I figured five would do it and then I saw that the mod I paid much more for -- the Jackaroo -- was dirt cheap over at Eightvape so I wanted to share it with you. Of course, I could not resist and purchased another one. How could I resist? It's 15 dollars with their coupon plus shipping. I thought I would share that link because it's a great buy. Only the orange one is on sale. And it includes a tank. I just bought the mods but on this one I will get the tank.
    Vandy Vape Jackaroo 100W Kit

All colors are on sale now
    I have received everything except the Geekvape Aegis X. That should be here next week. Never used VandyVape and am really liking their stuff.

The Jackaroo is great. The 217 batteries last much longer than the 18650's. I vape a lot and work a lot and, so far, one battery gets me through the workday. It looks like I will cycle through 2 of these batteries a day. With the 18650's I go through many more.

Fired up the Swell today. I cannot believe how lightweight it is for a 2 battery mod. I've read that temp mode has some challenges. I am using wattage mode and it works great. The Molicel 18650's are a little bigger but fit with no issue. I downloaded the companion app and it has a "Find my Swell" type of button and the mod beeps. That is great for me. You can also set it to beep if the phones moves a certain distance away from the mod. Also, both battery doors come off easily which is helpful for those with long nails. All I have to is remove both doors to push out/remove the batteries.

I still think my favorite is Geekvape Legend dual battery, however, these 2 are right up there --- almost equal.

My opinion has not changed much on the Geekvape Solo. It is fine but nothing to rave about. Out of the 5 mods listed above, I'd list the solo at the bottom.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Iv'e had the flu really bad for a couple weeks so reviews have been on hold but I will be doing a review on the Aegis Squonk and the Aegis X sometime this week if this dam flu eases up a bit. You've seen pictures of the Squonk here' a couple of the X. LOVE IT!!!

20191005_111531.jpg

20191005_110935 (1).jpg

20191005_103512.jpg

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    Thanks @bigbob2322 - Hope you are on the mend. My X should be here soon. Looks to be about the same size as the Legend ---Love the display. I know I will be happy with it.
    The X looks cool my buddy got some In his shop last week. Just seems like the screen is too big for me and seems like it would break easier. Not necessary in my opinion. I love the jackaroo much more than the legend I had before. Seems much more durable as well.

That squonker legend is cool I’ve never seen that before. Wonder if it’s dual 18650

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread