Approaching month 7, lessons learnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Roughly 7 months ago, I started vaping. At the time I was a heavy smoker.

I had a friend in South Africa who recommended vaping to me as an alternative to smoking. I was very close to buying a gimmick PV, when he recommended the Joye 510. He also recommended I start reading the forum posts here on ECF.

You gets welcomed me, and supported me in my efforts, and here I am 7 months later.

It wasn't smooth sailing all the way, and I made all the typical noob mistakes. I spent money on the wrong stuff, and ended up paying for those mistakes.

I tried a variety of juices out there, before settling on juice I can trust.

Guys these are the main lessons I've learnt in vaping over the last 7 months:

1. Stick to US Suppliers who you can trust. I live in Europe, and at first tried to cut costs here and there, and only ended up with inferior tasting juice or hardware knock offs that didn't last as long as they should. US Suppliers in my experience take personal interest in their customers and really do try to give good customer service.

I would like to take the time to thank Todd over at Vaperite for his outstanding customer service and extremely tasty juice which I have found to always be of the highest quality.

David, and his team from Provape have also gone out of their way to make my vaping experience a happy one. When I had an issue with one of my PV's, David very quickly shipped me out a new one, no questions asked. Provape are definitely trustworthy hardware suppliers. Thanks Guys!

2. Use Good Atties. I spend a long time using atties from a certain inferior supplier because they were slightly cheaper, usually ending up with a harsh tasting atty after a few hours of vaping.

The atties I trust are: Cisco, Bauway and Joye.

3. Learn to dry burn. And do it properly. There is a great post in tips and tricks on dry burning. Read it and follow the instructions to the letter. You won't be sorry.

4. Ties into point 3, always have a PT for dry burning, plug it into a wall adapter or a USB hub. Never directly into a computer USB port.

5. Push beyond Dekang juice. While I know some of you guys enjoy certain Dekang flavors. I wouldn't personally vape any Dekang juice ever again. But if you are only vaping Dekang, and haven't tried anything else, then you are missing out on a lot.

6. Always have some PG around for priming atties after a clean. Blow PG into the atty to completely displace any water left in there from a clean.

7. Keep enough stock of everything. Never run out of anything.

8. Revisit LR atties. A lot of people do not like LR atties first time round. I too was like this. Many people claim when they try them again in a few months LR atties give a great vape.

9. Definitely get into regulated voltage vaping. Your atties will last longer, and stay cleaner for longer. Less harsh taste all round.

Schools out :)

Now I also want to say that since quitting smoking. I'm definitely feeling healthy. No question about this, blood circulation has improved, lung capacity, smell, and general condition. No more fighting with the wife over being stinky is perhaps the greatest perk of a life time.

I hope this year brings on new developments in vaping tech, and I'm already seeing some interesting tank systems and VV mods on the scene.

To everyone - Happy vaping!!!!

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
Nice write up, thank you for sharing your experiences!

Only thing I would add would be delving into DIY. Mixing a 30ml bottle of E-juice you perfected the recipe on for 20 cents, or paying $15 +shipping... not even remotely close.

I wish I had better luck with DIY Juice. I've tried FlavorArt once, and didn't have excellent results. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Or what's the hidden trick. But I should try get back into it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread