Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have been in love with the stab woods mods for a while now, and it looks like there is finally going to be one that isn't ridiculously priced! The Arctic Dolphin Arthur stab wood mod is an 80w device that supports Ti/Ni/SS/TCR/CUV wires. It takes a single 18650 battery, so it's not super big but it looks like it packs a punch. The best part of all is that Heaven Gifts has partnered with Twisted420 to offer this mod for $79.99 for the next 28 days! WHAT! I saw the thread that Heaven Gifts has here on the forum where they said there would be a "great price" on these mods but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be under $80.00. Here's the video that talks about the deal. The coupon code is VWT79 if you don't feel like watching the video. :D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My whole problem is buying frenzy- so many great deals and sales combined with the FDA, states and taxes, shops shutting down put me into overdrive! I have more than enough "stuff" even my backups have backups, plus have won some really nice tanks and mods, I am really set for many years of vaping!
I have to draw the line somewhere and dial it back a little!( I hope)

I think my buying frenzy dialed down when I had several recipes I really liked. Even though I had in the freezer not having confidence I could turn it into something palatable made me very concerned. I'll still pick up interesting stuff that comes out, especially if I can find a sale, but I no longer feel the need of filling the shopping cart way up "just in case".

DIY, and of course coil building, have eliminated a good deal of the worry about the future of vaping, at least as it affects me.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
This deal is too good to pass up. I have to have one of these! I actually like that I won't know what my mod will look like until I get it. Could be blue, could be green, might be orange... All I know is I am really excited to hold one in my hot little hands!! :banana:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Good luck to you. Arctic Dolphin products are garbage. I hope you get a good one.
I'm not expecting it to do tricks, lol! I am just happy to see a stab wood mod at a reasonable price. Which Arctic Dolphin mods have you tried and didn't like? What were the issues with them? I haven't heard any glaringly negative things about any of their mods, but I know that with the really expensive ones people expect a higher level of performance. I would love to hear what you know! :)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Well that's disappointing. I'm glad you went with the XCube II. I still have mine, too. It's a real workhorse!

It definitely sounds like Arctic Dolphin is listening this time and that the issues seemed to be related to build design and faulty resistance, which were addressed. Let's hope this time around they got it right! :)
I'll be interested to see how it works out for you. I just ordered a Cartel Revenant 160 today. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I almost pulled the trigger and purchased the Arthur- $79.00 seems like a great price for a stabwood mod! Why I didn't purchase was preordering- hate that! Also random color choice- I've gotten burned by that in the past with my S-Body Legends for the price I paid, not to be able to choose the one I wanted! At least with that I could choose the main body color- still mine are not as vibrant as the ads! I like the SBody Legend at least it is a 75W with Evolv and I can use either an 18650 battery or 26650- just not thrilled over the colors!
I pulled the trigger on the Asmodus Silvanusa Stabwood- Asmodus had pictures of the actual mods- yes pricey, but I got the one I wanted! They are located in the USA and will do work on the mod if there is a problem!
I also own 2 Asmodus Minikin V1.5 and am happy with them too!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I almost pulled the trigger and purchased the Arthur- $79.00 seems like a great price for a stabwood mod! Why I didn't purchase was preordering- hate that! Also random color choice- I've gotten burned by that in the past with my S-Body Legends for the price I paid, not to be able to choose the one I wanted! At least with that I could choose the main body color- still mine are not as vibrant as the ads! I like the SBody Legend at least it is a 75W with Evolv and I can use either an 18650 battery or 26650- just not thrilled over the colors!
I pulled the trigger on the Asmodus Silvanusa Stabwood- Asmodus had pictures of the actual mods- yes pricey, but I got the one I wanted! They are located in the USA and will do work on the mod if there is a problem!
I also own 2 Asmodus Minikin V1.5 and am happy with them too!
I have been drooling over the Asmodus mods for a while now. How cool that you have both the Silvanus and the Minikin!!! They are gorgeous mods, both of them, but way out of my price range. I have been waiting (im)patiently for the price to come down on the stab woods so when I saw this Arthur deal I felt like a kid at Christmas, lol! I don't NEED a stab wood mod, but I sure do WANT one! :D This was just too good a deal to pass up, especially for the pre-order price. Hopefully there are a few of us who pulled the trigger so we can provide different opinions and experiences with it once they arrive.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I have been drooling over the Asmodus mods for a while now. How cool that you have both the Silvanus and the Minikin!!! They are gorgeous mods, both of them, but way out of my price range. I have been waiting (im)patiently for the price to come down on the stab woods so when I saw this Arthur deal I felt like a kid at Christmas, lol! I don't NEED a stab wood mod, but I sure do WANT one! :D This was just too good a deal to pass up, especially for the pre-order price. Hopefully there are a few of us who pulled the trigger so we can provide different opinions and experiences with it once they arrive.

Yea- I didn't need a stabwood either- but wanted one! Saved up my XMas and Birthday money and got the one I wanted! I really wanted the Kanger K1 there were many sites with preorder and waitlist- but still almost a year later many still don't have the K1- there are a few places that offer it for sale now- looks like a really nice stabwood device and that has 75w DNA.
What is nice about the Arthur ,the stabwood looks very vibrant, great mix of colors- hopefully you get yours soon!
Please show pictures! Fantastic price at $79.00!
I got both minkinsV1.5 for under $50.00 each on some great sales! I am loving dual battery mods lately- fantastic battery life!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I'll be interested to see how it works out for you. I just ordered a Cartel Revenant 160 today. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.
I have seen a few people that have that mod and it looks beautiful and they are thrilled with it- Congrats! Please show pictures when you get it!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yea- I didn't need a stabwood either- but wanted one! Saved up my XMas and Birthday money and got the one I wanted! I really wanted the Kanger K1 there were many sites with preorder and waitlist- but still almost a year later many still don't have the K1- there are a few places that offer it for sale now- looks like a really nice stabwood device and that has 75w DNA.
What is nice about the Arthur ,the stabwood looks very vibrant, great mix of colors- hopefully you get yours soon!
Please show pictures! Fantastic price at $79.00!
I got both minkinsV1.5 for under $50.00 each on some great sales! I am loving dual battery mods lately- fantastic battery life!
Wow, that's an excellent deal on the Minikins! I do love me a great sale. :D I really hope the Arthur is as bright as the ones in the photos I have seen. I almost ordered one of the matching drip tips for it but I decided to wait and see what it looks like in person first. If I end up getting one that is prominently one color I might just get a matching resin tip instead of a stab wood one. I am usually a total control freak about the colors of my mods but it really is fun not knowing what this one will look like. :)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I am new here and didn't feel comfortable putting up a link to a ValentinesDay Sale at 25% off and free eliquid! Didn't want to break any rules!
I know what you mean about being a control freak -haha! But that is the great thing about the Arthur, you are stepping outside the box of all the regular mods out there, and it will be such a surprise! I bought the ALeader Funky Box 60 which was a random color choice and I am very happy with that one!
I would wait on the tip too, just to see what the main colors are!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I am new here and didn't feel comfortable putting up a link to a ValentinesDay Sale at 25% off and free eliquid! Didn't want to break any rules!
I know what you mean about being a control freak -haha! But that is the great thing about the Arthur, you are stepping outside the box of all the regular mods out there, and it will be such a surprise! I bought the ALeader Funky Box 60 which was a random color choice and I am very happy with that one!
I would wait on the tip too, just to see what the main colors are!
Links are fine! I believe there are a few vendors who are not ECF approved, but I think those links are blocked by the server so as long as it posts it should be fine. :)

I just hope I don't get the mod and then regret not ordering the tip, but I'm going to top it with either the Vaporesso VECO tank or a Freemax Starre Pure, depending on the colors I get. I really wish my favorite tanks came in more colors! :D

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi Cooladdict- I have the Freemax Starre Pure Tank in black! Love that tank! I have been building up my ceramic coil supply everytime I order from Fattech! I won that tank from Heaven Gifts a while back- and so far I am very happy with it! I have taken out the first coil and soaked in in hot water, ran a qtip in it and it looks great, I am going to see if I can reuse it and how long it lasts! I am on my second coil now for 3 weeks and still going strong!
The Silver would probably match the Dolphin better because of all the silver in that mod!
Another great tank is the OBS Engine- very easy buy a Demon Coil Kit of different coils, and wicking! Very easy to do! Now they have the OBS Nano- which is even easier with only a single coil! I do a single coil in my OBS Engine and it works great! Fantastic tanks, easy to coil and wick- no leaking!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
20170124_130823_zpswrbpr6xg.jpg

My asModus Silvanusa 70w with the OBS Engine mini!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hi Cooladdict- I have the Freemax Starre Pure Tank in black! Love that tank! I have been building up my ceramic coil supply everytime I order from Fattech! I won that tank from Heaven Gifts a while back- and so far I am very happy with it! I have taken out the first coil and soaked in in hot water, ran a qtip in it and it looks great, I am going to see if I can reuse it and how long it lasts! I am on my second coil now for 3 weeks and still going strong!
The Silver would probably match the Dolphin better because of all the silver in that mod!
Another great tank is the OBS Engine- very easy buy a Demon Coil Kit of different coils, and wicking! Very easy to do! Now they have the OBS Nano- which is even easier with only a single coil! I do a single coil in my OBS Engine and it works great! Fantastic tanks, easy to coil and wick- no leaking!
I LOVE the Starre Pure!! I am actually vaping on a coil I washed exactly as you described right now and it's every bit as good as it was the first time around. I am a huge fan of the ceramic coils. :) I have been looking at the OBS Engines. I don't have a single tank I build on because I am a #lazyvaper, lol. I really do need a rebuildable, though, and I have heard great things about the OBS line. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that! :) I think you are probably right about a silver tank looking good on the Arthur, and the size of the Pure tank is probably just about perfect. We shall see, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread