Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Hi Dawn,

Joye is short for joyetech. They are the *original* manufacturer of the 510 atomizer and all the original 510 based e-cigs. Other companies however make 510 style/compatible atomizers. Some of those companies make good products, some not so good.

Most vendors will either state on their site, whether the atomizers are genuine Joyetech. If they do not, you could try e-mailing. Some companies sell more than one 510 manufacturer. Some companies are Joyetech only.

Nope that helps.

Since I'm a mod, I do not like to name vendors often. However Janty, Cignot, and Freedom Smoke USA all carry genuine Joyetech equipment. And many others (see the vendor forums) do also.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Everything sold in the US all comes from China. If you buy direct, it's cheaper but you have shipping and a long wait to deal with. There are knock off's, for example: the eGo's knock off is the Riva (I like the Riva better plus it's cheaper). I believe the 510 has them also but I don't know how to tell them apart.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm wondering if all the Joye 510's are the same no matter where you buy them from? Are they all from the same manufacturer whether I buy it from a company in China or from a place here in the states?

Basically yes. While you may find some variation in some products, Joye tech is about the closest you can get for 'quality control' in China, imo. So if you get a joye kit from heaven gifts or in the US from cignot or some other vendors - it's the same manufacturing company - Joye.

Dawn

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Indiana
There are 2 reasons I ask this for... I got mine from eastmall for $33 a kit, this one... www.EastMall.net Eastmall International Co.,Ltd But I have found that every so often I get a strange, I don't know, burnt taste. I was thinking it has something to do with the atomizer? :unsure: Anyway they have the best prices I've seen and if this funny taste happens with all of them then I might as well just stick with buying them there. Heck if I buy 6 kits you get them for $19 each kit which from what I have seen is huge! Do you know if eastmall is genuine Joyetech?

And if my problem is because it's a cheaper atomizer will others fit on mine if I still buy the kits there but get extra atomizers some where else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread