Are Micro batteries all the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I was wondering if all the batteries on micro cigs are all the same? I have a DSE 101, does anyone know if the battery could be used with a DSE 103 or an RN4081?
Hi Betty
I don't know Re: 101 but this tells you a bit Re: the other two models. Because some people think that the cartridges are compatible. And if you're 101 atomiser is the same thread as these two it should work with the batteries

I have a 103 and my friend has RNO4081 I think it's the one that pillbox sells but check this if you are thinking about purchasing one. The
Smokester it is aware of this as I have discussed it with him.

The 103 has a different atomiser to RNO4081 the reason I know this I wanted to see if my friends atomiser would fit mine . the reason 103 cartridges can be more expensive.

The 103 cartridge is fitted into the tip itself where the RNO4081 fits into the atomiser.

I thought I could just pop one of my friends cartridges on. The problem lies not with the atomiser so much but but the plastic tip is thicker on RNO4081 and when trying to fit on103 it is too tight over the atomiser which nearly then splits.

So by me screwing in his atomiser in my battery worked but both of these electronic cigarettes are pretty identical and they both smoke exactly the same.

Because this was my first electronic cigarettes I didn't know any different. Supplier I bought my first one from charges £12 50 for 10 cartridges which is outrageous I know but he sells a high-strength cartridge which I've never had from anybody else and I can't seem to find them from anywhere else

I don't personally use the 103 any more because of batteries don't last long and four other filling up with cartridges.

So I went from that to 901 which is more economical. But still didn't satisfy me as a smoke. So now I mainly use and styles and yesterday I received my to cigars and I think these are just incredible.

I hope this as being some help to you.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
when it dies is the problem betty.. by the time it actually dies for real.. its smoke production will have fallen off my (90)% compared to when new..

we replace ours every two weeks to maintain the as new-ish smoke production..

and once again we have totally contradictory information..

i find my cigars not to to be as good as a new 901 device.. the ruyan fluid tastes nice thow.. the smoke production is the same no matter what fluid is fed to the device.. the ruyan fluid simply tastes like cigars.. my eldes son has been using it in his pipe for the last couple of weeks..

but as long as new readers keep getting fed totally contradictory information this place isnt going to help them much..

trog

ps.. even batteries for the same device are not all the same.. the older type striped 901 batteries have a run time of between four to five hours.. the new matt finished ones we last recieved have run time when new of 2.5 hours.. after a weeks use this has dropped to 2 hours..

four hours when new is okay.. two hours when new is a disaster.. the attrition rate among these new ones is gonna be high..

Last edited:

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Thanks trog, I find it all very confusing with all the different models that are available :confused: My micro was the first e-cig I bought off ebay after hearing about esmoking from a friend at work. I really had no idea what I was buying and was slightly disappointed with how long the carts lasted. After joining this forum I got a penstyle and have been much happier with it. I have found the battery life good on both models, but do not use it continually as I still smoke the bad cigs! It is interesting you say you change your atomisers every two weeks, if I am to give up the bad ones I will obviously need more kit!! Then I would also have too choose more kit :confused: and everyone has different opinions of what is best, it is so hard to choose. (Your should see me in a supermarket!!!:))

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i have done a lot of testing.. three family members.. we are three real smokers who need the reliable nicotine fix.. there is no best device.. it largely comes down to what the user requires from the product..

we require cost effective (read cheap) reliable e smoking.. nothing else is good enough..

we get thru roughly 2 ml of liquid per day each.. a new atomizer every two week.. all bought in advance and in stock ready for use..

if it could done cheaper we would do it..

but other people require different things.. light users are the people these devices are better suited to.. we are pushing the limits.. u might not be..

so let me say we use one atomizer per 28 ml of fluid.. this is two weeks for us.. it might be six months for others..

the batteries also need replacing along side the atomizers.. this all has to be factored into our running costs..

best of luck

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread