Are most of the fruit/candy flavors everyone raves about sweetened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
I had a brief stint with e-cigs a couple of years ago. I got a bunch of dekang samplers, including fruity flavors, chocolate, vanilla, etc and found almost all of them nasty. With DK's low reputation, I got a sampler pack from Johnson Creek. Didn't really like that either. In both cases, it seems like fruit flavors were "off" because fruit is... sweet, and I wasn't getting any sweet aftertaste. Made it seem the flavor all that more artificial.

This time around I got a Halo sample pack and notice the Malibu seems to be sweetened. When I get a mouthful of juice it takes like... pineapple. If it weren't so deadly poisonous I might drink it :p.

I read reviews about how great this brand's strawberry, that brand's watermelon... banana creme, snickerdoodle, waffle, etc. Are most of these juices sweetened?

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Yes, many with sucralose or some artificial sweetener, though JC's juice sure tastes like real sugar. Personally, I never trusted the man-made stuff. Some places will let you customize and not sweeten.

Other ingredients are also sweet, VG itself and that malto (sp) something. Ask your juice maker what makes their juice sweet.

DK's reputation has been damaged by many dubious counterfeits and they know it. I haven't tried their fruit flavors, but their tobacco flavors are good, the real Dekang.

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Most are indeed. The difference is usually who sweetens/flavors to candy-like and who does more true to fruit. And then the bad ones taste like fruit cough drops.

I'm more of a less-sweet true-to-fruit sorta fella.. in that regard I like the fruit offerings from Vermillion River and Copper Creek a lot. Although the VR pineapple options are quite candy-like. The VR Citrus is really like a citrus seltzer and not candy like, the Cherry is cult worthy. Copper Creak is mildly sweetened and fairly true-to-fruit.

In both of those vendor's cases too I've noticed whatever they do for sweetening helps keep the consistency across the inhale/exhale better. With overly-sweet fruits usually I get a strong inhale but a medicinal aftertaste.

Happy hunting, Cheers, -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread