Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I searched all over ECF and there is little talk of the Logic line of PVs (Logic Gold Label, Black Label, etc). That's not surprising considering it's an overpriced "disposable" model. But I did find a single reference about what type of threads the Logic has, and they mentioned it was a 4081. They didn't seem to sure about that, however.

So can anyone confirm for sure if it's a 4081? The battery and cartomizer's diameter is the same as a 510, the cartomizer is a male, and the threads are much larger than the 510.

Does anyone happen to know what brand or OEM Logic uses for their cartos as hell?

I'm curious because I've picked up a few of the logic PVs just to play around with. Like most disposables, the battery dies before the carto is anywhere near empty, so I fashioned an adapter out of a junk 510 atty so that I can use it on my eGo batteries and use up the rest of the juice, as I really really like the flavor it has.

I gutted the 510 atty, knocked the female fitting from the dead Logic battery, ran a wire between the positive battery posts of the 510 atty and the Logic battery fitting, and press fitted the female from the Logic battery into the 510 atty casing.

This gave me a nice clean adapter so that when using the eGo cone the Logic cartomizer screws in exactly at the top of the cone, which gets rid of the whole issue of the cone constricting air flow, as the air flow is coming from right above the cone.

This configuration produced more vapor than my Mega Dual Coil Cartos, which is pretty darn impressive. I thought perhaps it was just the juice, but after completely replacing the juice in the Logic carto with the same juice as in one of my Megal Dual Coils, I still was getting higher vapor production than any of the 8 EMDCCs that I have. Needless to say I was pretty blown away.

Which leads me back to trying to figure out what threads and what type or brand of cartomizers Logic is using in their disposable line, because I really really like those cartos. They have outperformed any other carto I've used, which is more than I can even remember. I'm pretty excited to get better vapor production, and much longer battery life using these cartos as opposed to the EMDCCs I've been using almost religiously as, up until now, they have been the best performers I could find. They aren't even LR cartos, which is surprising considering the performance.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Well I figured out the higher vapor production of the carto from the crappy Logic disposable. I put the carto on a multimeter it was reading at 1.2 Ohms. Lower than most every single other carto out there. Most likely this is a quality control issue and the Logic disposable's carto had a resistance lower than it was supposed to be. I picked up another one and and the resistance was much higher, so I have no desire to use any more of these cartos.

Gotta love poor QC huh? While a carto reading 1.2 Ohms may be good for me as far as performance goes, using such a carto on the supplied battery wouldn't be a good idea.

It looks like everyone ignored this thread anyway, either way like I said I have no further desire to use these cartos. Looks like the one I have is just a fluke.

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
The adapter that you made caught my attention as I have quite a few 4081 batteries lying around just collecting dust ever since I started using eGo/510. I would really like to use these batteries with 510 atomizers but I haven't been able to find an adapter. I know you went the other way so you could use an eGo battery but still the concept is the same. So I just wanted to say thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread