Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Todays review will be all about the new Ares 2 RTA made my Innokin. This is an upgraded version of their first Ares RTA which I did not try, almost bought one some time ago but chose a different one. Thank you @Innokin_timmy for sending me this kit for this review.

Some specs:

What I got in the box:

• Fully assembled Ares 2 D24 RTA
  • Curvy black Delrin tip
  • Curvy steel tip
  • Spare smoked glass tank section
  • Tools for building coils and tightening coil screws
  • Detailed user guide to help you get started
  • Full spares pack including two additional colored o-ring sets

As always very nice packaging, but to me a bit too much Phil and Dimitri, signatures on the sides, box opening with large picture, thank you card and PD heart logo. I mean we all know it is designed by Phil and Dimitri.

Lots of additions in this kit with 2 premade coils, additional kanthal wire, organic cotton, phil and dimitri's build tool and more. Innokin is very generous with the packaging! Unfortunately, the additional tinted glass tube was broken already :(

This RTA looks really nice and this 24mm version has 4ml capacity which is great. The carved in structure of the base makes it really easy to unscrew. It’s simply a perfect match on my Coolfire Z50 (review to come soon).

Both drip-tips are really comfortable, and for those that don't like the child-safety feature there is the silver metal drip-tip which is a bit longer and really nice for MTL.

Opening for filling is easy and the rubber gasket is well thought of being sealed when no bottle is inserted. Being able to take off the top of the tank to replace the gasket is also nice, never had to, but it’s easy enough if you have the right screwdriver.

Accessing the build deck is easy with its ridged bottom design, it has some really proper-made threading on both the chamber and build-deck.

Building on this thing is super simple with its post positions, just drop the coil in and tighten the screws. The outer side of the posts are flat allowing for an easy and close cut of wire. Nice addition is the two small flat posts next the air inlet making sure that the cotton does not touch the bottom preventing the air inlet to be choked by liquid. Love Dimitri's build tool to easily make perfectly spaced coils that can be dropped straight into the RTA.

Wicking is as easy as it can be, and the ports are large enough to not be struggling with the cotton much. It works great for me with the wicks falling out of the chamber onto the base of the tank.

Probably the best thing of this RTA is the airflow system. The regular outer airflow ring has a very interesting click system clicking and stopping at each airflow point. The single hole allows for a single specific hole to be exposed and the sleeve to have several at ones. But that is not all, the inner airflow system under the coil is adjustable with a screwdriver, either fully open or almost closed. It turns easily and really is a major win on this RTA. I love vaping this with the inner airflow closed as much as possible and one tiny outer airflow hole exposed, MTL heaven with such a tight draw. Airflow is also not loud or whistly, very smooth.

It vapes just great. Flavor is good and I hear not even the tiniest gurgling sounds from his RTA. Also have not had any issues with leaking whatsoever.

Conclusion:
Fantastic job Innokin, Dimitri and Phil. You created a really fantastic MTL RTA. Can't think of a better RTA at the moment.

Pro's:
- Design
- Easy to build on
- Posts keeping the cotton up preventing the airflow to be choked.
- Lots of stuff in the packaging (Dimitri's tool is just superb)
- Airflow is just great
- Produces good flavor
- Very comfortable drip-tips
- 4ml capacity
- Easy top fill
- Child safety lock
- No gurgling and leaking

Con's
- Maybe very personal, but too much Dimitri and Phil :)

That's it, I can very safely recommend this RTA to anyone that is looking for MTL heaven.
Thank you and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Take care,
SP013

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
Well written and informative review. I've been considering this for my first RTA, since I generally enjoy Innokin products. It's not to easy to find right now online, at least for US based stores.
Hi there, thank you for the support as always. If you want to get the first Ares, you can check it out on our online store: Innokinstore.com. :) Any other questions, just feel free to let me know. ;)

Reactions: SP013

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Hi there, thank you for the support as always. If you want to get the first Ares, you can check it out on our online store: Innokinstore.com. :) Any other questions, just feel free to let me know. ;)
I appreciate that. I do think I will hold out and get the newer Ares 2 instead of the older version.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I appreciate that. I do think I will hold out and get the newer Ares 2 instead of the older version.
You won't be disappointed with the Ares-2, believe me. If it is your first RTA, you will get enough wire and cotton in the kit for at least a month, Dimitri's build tool will help you to create your own perfect spaced coils :)

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
You won't be disappointed with the Ares-2, believe me. If it is your first RTA, you will get enough wire and cotton in the kit for at least a month, Dimitri's build tool will help you to create your own perfect spaced coils :)
Yeah I noticed that they included a lot of extras in with the packaging. That is another reason I thought it would be a good one to pick for a beginner RTA.

Reactions: SP013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread