ARGH! What Am I Doing WRONG??? Grrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's My Everything

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
I guess I'm more of a newbie than I thought. I ordered some of those 808-compatible 901 attys from Good Prophets, so that Rob could test juices without wasting a carto. Thought that was a good plan. I must be doing something wrong.

I take the atty, pull the mouthpiece off, drop a number of drops down the atty, put the mouthpiece back on, screw it onto a freshly charged battery, and... nothing. I let it sit... nothing. I add more juice... nothing. By "nothing," I mean, no vape, no warmth, no light on the battery... nothing. I figure I got a bad one, so I go through the whole rigamarole with a fresh atty... nothing. Clearly, I'm too stupid to work these things.

Edited to add: I tried this with two different freshly charged batteries, both of which worked fine with regular Volt cartos. Sorry - forgot that bit.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
It could be a DOA atty, but since you've had the problem with more than one I'd tend to think they aren't making contact with the battery. Does this battery work with your cartos? Could be a dead batt. If they just aren't making contact to complete the circuit you can gently lift up the center post of the atty or battery with something like a toothpick or a bent paperclip to get them to touch. There are several posts on the forum describing this procedure. Someone who knows more and could explain it to you better should be along soon. Don't throw them out just yet.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
What kind of batteries are you trying the atty with? I have one of the 901 attys from GP. It will work on the manuals and the old autos (with the hole in post) but won't work on the sealed autos, it doesn't make a connection with them.

Note: I only use the atty on my manuals, but I suspected it wouldn't work on the sealed autos so I tried it on both kinds to see. Otherwise I would never use an atty on the older unsealed autos.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Well, there's the issue, Marlou! All Rob's batts are 65mm Sealed Autos, except for the 900 mah X2 Auto (which I have not tried the GP attys on yet). Bummer! OK, guess I'll have to order a couple manuals for juice trials. Thanks for the help! :)

You're very welcome!

I prefer the autos but have two manuals that I mostly use to test flavors in an atty or a carto that I've removed the filler from. I just tried the 901 atty on an x2 and it won't work on them either.....they are sealed too.

If you have a used-up carto you can take the filler out and use it like an atty to test with. But even with the sealed autos I try to be very careful and keep checking to make sure juice isn't leaking out into the battery. I guess I'm overly cautious. :)

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Batteries can get pretty funky.. if I don't get a decent draw I take some alcohol pads (lol I work at a hospital so can order these bad boys anytime) or take a toothpick or some medical swabs and whittle it down to a point and push the swab or tissue into all the grooves and make sure all the funk is out. Mine don't get too dirty but my father constantly overfills and his tend to get icky lol.

Carts tend to get funky too so clean them the same way, but since you said it was a new one I don't think that's the issue on the cart's end.

I guess I'm more of a newbie than I thought. I ordered some of those 808-compatible 901 attys from Good Prophets, so that Rob could test juices without wasting a carto. Thought that was a good plan. I must be doing something wrong.

I take the atty, pull the mouthpiece off, drop a number of drops down the atty, put the mouthpiece back on, screw it onto a freshly charged battery, and... nothing. I let it sit... nothing. I add more juice... nothing. By "nothing," I mean, no vape, no warmth, no light on the battery... nothing. I figure I got a bad one, so I go through the whole rigamarole with a fresh atty... nothing. Clearly, I'm too stupid to work these things.

Edited to add: I tried this with two different freshly charged batteries, both of which worked fine with regular Volt cartos. Sorry - forgot that bit.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Konstantine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Greece
www.niquidtest.com
btw if you see no light that means the battery doesn't activate. It's just a matter or AIR not a connection. Even if you didn't have a connection the battery could activate itself, you would see the light. Plug the holes on the bottom of the atomizer/carto/thingy you have first to see if the battery activates first. If it activates then you should get vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread