hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    After reading bigbob's review on the Argus Gt, it really peaked my interest. I did order one and received it yesterday. I have to say that I love how it's packaged in a nice case but more so I love the size and how it's so lightweight. I am starting with the .2 pnp coil and it took a little bit to break in but I'm getting really good flavor from it. Well done Voopoo. It's a very nice kit!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @VOOPOO_Thea , do you have any suggestions? I bought four of the Argus GT kits and four extra pnp tanks as well as several boxes of .2 and .15 coils. I'm hoping that perhaps there is something that I'm doing wrong or that there might be a way to stop these from leaking. I have only tried one kit and two tanks so far with one each of the coils.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It might be a bad seal on the coil did you try more than 1?
    I have 3 Argus kits, 3 Drag X & 3 Vinci X I had no leak at all some condensation on the drag & vinci but no leak.

I have tried one .15 and one .2 coil so far. The .2 came with the kit and the .15 was from a box of spares I bought. I have a pnp rta on the way also. A friend here on ECF did a review on the Argus Gt and loved it which is what triggered me to buy them. With as many tanks as I have, I'll be disappointed if I can't figure out why I'm getting the leaking.

Reactions: Gallant

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    A friend here on ECF did a review on the Argus Gt and loved it which is what triggered me to buy them.
    I 2nd him I like it as well & it performs very well.
    With as many tanks as I have, I'll be disappointed if I can't figure out why I'm getting the leaking.
    Try another coil or may be another pod hope all works fine for you, speaking of coils they have a variety of them my personal favorite is the 0.45 VM3 comes next the 0.3

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I 2nd him I like it as well & it performs very well.

Try another coil or may be another pod hope all works fine for you, speaking of coils they have a variety of them my personal favorite is the 0.45 VM3 comes next the 0.3

After the one that came with it leaking, I opened one of my spare tanks and had some leaking with it too. I'll check in the morning after using it tonight and see if there's any leaking. I thought at first that maybe I wasn't pushing the coils in far enough but they won't push in any farther than what they already are. I could see getting a little leaking if I had been using the coil for a couple weeks but it was only after a couple days.

Reactions: Gallant

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @hittman any updates?

Might sound silly but I pulled the tank, twisted the coil and put it back in place when I got home and it's dry now. I've probably used around 2ml out of the tank so far. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Might sound silly but I pulled the tank, twisted the coil and put it back in place when I got home and it's dry now. I've probably used around 2ml out of the tank so far. Hopefully it was just a fluke.
    That's funny but not silly.
    On all my several VooPoo devices, I've had intermittent and unpredictable leaking. As I posted elsewhere, some do some don't; the same one sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.
    I've wondered if it wasn't how the coil fit into the pod.
    Your experience somehow makes sense. I'll do some twisting and see how it goes. Other than the leakage, the products are quite good for me. Thanks for your insight.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's funny but not silly.
    On all my several VooPoo devices, I've had intermittent and unpredictable leaking. As I posted elsewhere, some do some don't; the same one sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.
    I've wondered if it wasn't how the coil fit into the pod.
    Your experience somehow makes sense. I'll do some twisting and see how it goes. Other than the leakage, the products are quite good for me. Thanks for your insight.

I very much like the flavor I’m getting from the tank. I just hate leaking. So far so good. I refilled a little while ago and no leak.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I knew it had to be something as simple as as a little twist of the coil Hitt, I wouldn't steer you wrong buddy. I just pulled this off and after 50 or 60 ml still no leaking just condensation droplets.

20200911_170608.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I knew it had to be something as simple as as a little twist of the coil Hitt, I wouldn't steer you wrong buddy. I just pulled this off and after 50 or 60 ml still no leaking just condensation droplets.

View attachment 906735

I knew I could trust you. That’s why I ended up with four kits and four spare tanks. I’ll be curious to try the rta when it arrives.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Twisting the coil isn't working for me, still leaks.
    Here's what I see: You know how the coils look from the bottom. it's got the outer metal ring surrounding the white ring which surrounds the inner metal.
    I can take a bit of paper whatever and press the tank's coil onto it and see a ring of juice which corresponds to the juncture of the outer metal and whiteness.
    BTW I checked to see if a particular Ω coil might be the culprit. But, my leakyish coil is a 1Ω on Vinci X and the least leaky is a 1Ω on a Vinci Air. I'm guessing manufacturing inconsistencies.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread