asMODus Amighty 100W with Viento Subohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Almighty Complete Kit from Asmodus. The Almighty Complete Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Saly from Asmodus.

https://www.asmodus.com/collections/sing...mplete-kit

Introduction

Asmodus, who brought us the minikin are an affordable high end American Manufacturer. The Almighty 100 is a 100W single battery device that accommodates either a 21700, 20700 or 18650 (with supplied adaptor) battery. It operates using a colour touchscreen by a series of swipes and presses which will be familiar to those that have used previous Asmodus touchscreen devices. It features a full TC suite and both TCR and TFR options as well as curves and plenty of customisation features. The device has a build quality in my opinion well above it's price tag and again in my opinion is quite a looker. In this kit it comes paired with the fine looking weighty Viento Sub-ohm tank which features a lower protective ring, slide open top-fill and is baby beast coils compatible, so let's give the pair a good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x asMODus Amighty 100W box mod
1x asMODus Viento sub ohm tank
2x 0.15Ω Mesh coil heads
1x Micro USB cable
1x Spare parts bag
1x Spare glass
1x Warranty card
2x User manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Almighty 100 Kit came in cardboard box packaging with viewing window allowing for the device to be seen without opening. I do not like the Black/Red version of the Almighty 100 as i find the "ASMODUS" in bright Red on Black just too in the face but as far as i am aware the Kit only comes in either Black/Black and the one i received which is the Gunmetal Chrome version which has a stunning mirrored finish but is a fingerprint magnet. The spine of the device is very curved and has a Carbon fiber finish with the Asmodus logo cleverly incorporated within it. On both sides we have "ASMODUS" carved into the metal and some of the carbon fiber of the spine visible. The face of the device has the top of the device protruding outwards then underneath this protruding section is a square fire button which sits flush and has the Asmodus logo etched central with enough depth to give a textured feel to help find the button when in use. At the bottom of the face of the device is the micro USB port then central is a large colour touchscreen. The base of the device has etched safety stamps and generous venting then moving to the top we have some impressive real estate for a single battery device. We have a 510 plate which is raised just enough to protect the finish while not giving noticeable gaping and we have a Silver plated, spring loaded 510. Despite the 510 being brought forward and not central the protruding front section allows for up to 30mm atty's to fit with no overhang whatsoever. The build quality and finish is amongst the best i have come across and aesthetically the Almighty 100 really floats my boat.

Viento Sub Ohm Tank Specs and Features:

26.9mm diameter
High quality stainless steel and pyrex construction
Removable protective ring
3.5mL juice capacity (WITH Stock Glass)
5mL juice capacity Glass (Sold separately)
2mL juice capacity (EURO TPD COMPLIANT)
Compatible with SMOK Baby Beast coil heads
Sliding hinged top fill mechanism
Snakeskin patterned wide bore 810 Delrin drip tip
510 connection
Colour: Gunmetal

Viento Overview

The Viento is a very solid, well built sub-ohm tank which has quite some weight to it and as far as i am aware is only available in a very shiny Gunmetal which suits the Gunmetal Chrome device i received. Up top we have a cobra style 810 which has o-rings so goon style drip tips won't fit and the Viento employs a top-fill method of sliding to one side which also rotates the top-cap to reveal a fill port (their is an arrow to show where to push). The top-cap doesn't lock in place but instead is a very tight fit and isn't going to open of it's own accord. The coil screws into the base and the top of the coil screws on to the air pipe which holds the tank securely together, the 3.5ml glass section (there is a 2ml TPD version which i guess has a capacity reducing bung) is secured top and bottom with o-rings and also there is a metal ring with a design that covers the bottom section of the glass, this ring slots onto the base and adds an aesthetic touch while also giving the glass some protection if the tank is dropped. Not included there is also a 5ml bubble glass available which i assume will not allow for the protective ring to be fitted. The very base of the Viento is 25mm but the airflow control ring tapers out making it about 27mm in diameter, the airflow control ring has tri-cyclops with stoppers and moves with a perfect tolerance. You get 2 identical coils included which are 0.15ohm single mesh with a rating of 40-75W and best at 50-65W, one of the biggest pros of the Viento is that it is compatible with Baby beast coils so loads of coil options are available.

Almighty 100 Specs and Features:

Powered By GX-100UTC
Supports 3 types of batteries (Not included) : 1x 18650 or 1x 20700 or 1x 21700
Output Power Range: (Power Mode) 5.0w - 100.0w
Output Power Range: (Temperature Control) 5.0w - 60.0w
Resistance Range: 0.1Ω - 3.0Ω
Temperature Control Range: 212°F - 572°F / 100℃ - 300℃
Supports TFR, TCR, and Curve Mode
Supports Puff Clear and Limit Functionality
Upgradeable firmware support
Maximum Output Voltage: 7.5 Volts
Maximum Output Current: 35.0 AMPS
Charging Parameter: DC 5V/1A
Display operating current 25mA
Standby operating current < 350uA
Standby time: 3s ~ 60s
Firing cut Off time: 10s
Work Efficiency: 94%
Colours: Gradient Blue Purple, Gunmetal Chrome, Black/Red, Black/Black

Fitting The Battery

The Almighty will accommodate a 21700, 20700 or 18650 (with supplied adaptor) and to install simply pull off the spine of the device which like the Colossal is just press fitted into place which is metal slid over metal relying on the build quality precision to fit securely and yet again a suburb job has been done as the fit is perfect with no movement or rattles whatsoever (great way of securing the battery panel (spine)). The battery fits in place tightly with the spring loaded contact rounded to avoid damaging your wrap, all round a very good job! My only con is orientation is Black on Black and would much prefer it in White so it was much more visible.

The Display

The Almighty 100 has a colour screen which is sharp, bright and very well laid out and found no issues at all reading the display outdoors. At the top we have the mode then underneath the mode we have your wattage that displays temperature instead when in temp control. Further down to the left we have the volts then under this seconds vaped, to the right we have the resistance then underneath the resistance is your puffs. Finally at the bottom of the display is the battery status bar to the left, then the pre-heat and to the right a padlock which indicates if the touchscreen is locked or unlocked.

Navigating The Almighty

Those that have used Asmodus touchscreen mods in the past will be familiar with how the device operates but if not it does take some getting use to. Some people just won't get on with touchscreen devices while others like me like them and once a bit of time is invested in how everything works i find Asmodus mods are amongst my favourites to use and navigate. The device is 5 clicks to turn on but to turn off needs to be done in the settings. With the device on the touchscreen is locked (when it's locked you can still vape) and to unlock simply swipe downwards and it stays unlocked until the fire button is pressed which re-locks it. With the screen unlocked swiping up or down changes your pre-heats between Normal, Soft or hard and swiping side-wards where the mode is displayed scrolls through the various modes which are Power, TFR, TCR, Curve and Temp. When it displays temp long pressing "TEMP" brings up where you change between the various wire types and pressing the temperature changes to watts and then another press displays temperature again, a long press allows you to adjust temperature or wattage for temp control when you have wattage displayed (you can only set wattage up to 60W for temp control). Going back to Power mode and again long pressing the wattage allows you to adjust the wattage which adjust in 0.1w increments up to 10W and then switches to 1W increments all the way up to 100W. There are plenty of other features that are accessed by 5 clicks of the fire button which brings up your first icon which is the power icon, long pressing the power icon powers the device down. When the power icon is displayed side swiping scrolls through the various icons which need pressing if you want to select the feature. Amongst the features are changing the display colour, adjusting brightness, changing how the touchscreen locks and unlocks, resetting and limiting puffs, adjusting screen timeout and many others. Finally 3 clicks of the fire button locks the whole device so it will not fire.

My Experience Using The Almighty Kit

First i need to state i do not vape using temp control and have no access to data but simply review devices as i personally experience them. I really am having a love affair with the Almighty 100 (don't tell the wife) i just can't find anything that i don't like about it. The feel in the hand and looks for me is what i want of a device and i found it had the performance to match. Despite the fire button sitting flush i had no problems finding it and the device fires with no delay and instant ramp up. The Almighty feels equally ergonomic using either thumb or finger to fire and in either hand. I have had the Almighty for nearly 4 weeks using it a lot while also testing other products, i have tried in the region of 8 different atty's of varying kinds and have clocked the puff counter a couple of times. I have tried it as low as 12W right up to the maximum 100W with all wattage's i have vaped at seeming very accurate including the full 100W (i have been using it mainly with a 21700 battery). If you haven't used an Asmodus touchscreen device before it does take a while to get use to how to navigate the device and of course some people just do not really like touchscreen devices. The Viento Sub-Ohm tank is also in my opinion a looker with really nice airflow and very well made, however i found the supplied coils i could only use up to 60W before they didn't wick too great which gave a cool vape even for me although the flavour was good (just above average). On the up side with the Viento being Baby beast coil compatible their are plenty of coil options available to get even better flavour and a warmer vape. Also the 5ml bubble glass not being included with the standard version is a con as i found it needed filling too often for my liking with the 3.5ml straight glass. The Almighty will accommodate up to a 30mm atty with absolutely no overhang which is a big pro, it supports 1A charging (personally i never advise charging in the device) and is fully firmware upgradeable. I used the Almighty 100 as mentioned mainly with a 21700 battery and battery life was excellent also helped by the device's 94% efficiency.

Excellent build quality
One of the most aesthetically pleasing devices i own
Ergonomically suburb
21700, 20700 or 18650 battery
Precision fitted battery panel (spine of the device)
Sharp, bright colour display
Customisation (colour of display, how the touchscreen locks, puff limit, echo etc)
Curves
Temp Control (+TCR & TFR) Not tested
Pre-heats
Up to 30mm atty's without overhang
Swipe and press operated touchscreen
Performed faultlessly
Efficient (very good battery life)
Viento Tank very good build quality
Viento looks very nice (in my opinion)
Above average flavour
Compatible with Baby beast coils
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

If new to Asmodus touchscreen device's will need some time invested into getting use to how to use the device
Fingerprint magnet (at least the Gunmetal Chrome version i received is)
Black on Black battery orientation
Supplied coils struggle to wick over 60W which only gives a cool vape
Goon style drip tips won't fit
5ml bubble glass not included

I would once again like to thank Saly from Asmodus for supplying the Almighty 100 Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.asmodus.com/collections/sing...mplete-kit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread