asMODus Pyke Kit Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want to show our appreciation for our fans and family and what better way than to give you guys some free stuff?!?! We are giving away one Pyke kit of your choice (when selected we will give you the options) all you need to do is tell us how vaping has affected you!
Our rules are:
- No spamming this thread
- must be 21 years of age or legal age in your area
- Must be able to pay for shipping if not in the United States.
- must be friendly
- if selected need shipping and age confirmations

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I had been trying to quit smoking to no avail since I was 27 (aka since 1995).. I tried all manner of methods; from drugs to patches and even hypnosis - all ended in failure although I kept trying.

By 2007 they put a scope down my throat and was told by my doctor that my throat was covered in precancer cells and that if I wanted to live and not eventually die from cancer I needed to quit smoking.

I gave an extremely sincere effort once more and failed again. I was so addicted I couldn't even quit to save my life, and so I resigned myself to an early grave.

Then in 2013 we moved and by then I could no longer breathe. My lips were turning blue from just doing simple housework and I couldn't make it all the way to the mailbox without rest breaks.

Now I was terrified because I felt like I was suffocating while still alive.. it was the most scared I ever was.

By then I had heard of vaping, so I went to the doctor to ask her opinion of vaping for smoking cessation.. She was well educated on the topic and told me I was the perfect candidate for trying vaping, and she said it was far less harmful than smoking..

So with my doctors support and encouragement I got on eBay and spent 10.00 on a little kit paid 5 dollars for a little bottle of juice and determined to make a go of it (but I wasn't investing much in case it was just one more money pit.. lol)

The day I got all that in the mail was it.. I stopped smoking and made a clean switch to vaping - much to my amazement! A 32 year addiction finally over..

My breathing improved so much that I can't even remember a day when I could breathe so well as I can now.. vaping literally saved my life.

It was a game changer for me.. for real.

I may someday find those precancer cells turn cancerous, and/or the COPD I got from smoking will eventually get the better of me - but I have a new lease on life and the ability for a few happy and healthy years before that day comes.

:) So what can I say about vaping? That it saved my life, at the very least restored to me a quality of life that I had forgotten even existed..

I'm free!

Now if kitty would give back my Luna:

20190325_140425.jpg

20190325_140457.jpg

Then life would be complete!

hahaha

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I'd been messing around with cigalikes for a couple years but not really trying to quit smoking. I only hoped to cut back to save money.
Then I blacked out while driving my car and got in an accident. I totalled out my car. Foolishly I ignored the problem and got another car. 5 weeks later I blacked out again and got in another car accident. At least I didn't total out the car this time.
I couldn't ignore it and went to see a neurologist. She ran all kinds of tests but couldn't find a reason for the blackouts. I have narcolepsy and everyone just assumed I had an episode and fell asleep. I knew better though.
My neurologist recommended I see a cardiologist so I did. He ran a bunch of tests and I had an abnormal stress test. He decided I needed an angiogram. During that procedure they found I had an 80% blockage to my heart which they fixed with a stent. I also had a 40% blockage and they decided to treat it with medication. Now I had to quit smoking.
I found ECF again and bought a vape, tank and eliquid. At first I duel used but as I learned more and got more gear I found I vaped more and smoked less. I woke up one day and realized I hadn't smoked at all the day before. I haven't smoked since.
I have no doubt that vaping saved my life. I'm hoping to be able to drive again soon. At least I know my blood pressure won't drop causing a blackout or heart attack. Thanks to the people here being knowledgeable and supportive in addition to my vapes I'm around today to tell my story. I'm glad I switched to vaping before it was too late.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've been smoke-free since 21st Jan 2018 - which is when I accidentally quit smoking ;)

Long story short:
    21st Jan 2018
    Completely smashed up my ankle - needed two plates inserted, along with 15 screws. I was a smoker at that time

In the ER, they told me I'd need major surgery, that I no longer smoked, and slapped a patch on my arm :shock:

Spent 8 days in hospital before the surgery, chewing nic gum, damn near chewing nic patches, and when I could handle it, crutching to the bathroom, to vape on a lil innokin t18 vape pen (that my parents brought into the hospital for me)

After the surgery, a few days later I was staying at my parents recovering. My mindset being - that I had to stop smoking for a month or two til my fractures healed, then I would start again :facepalm:

So I vaped my head off. Couldn't do much else, so I shopped my head off ;) I ordered a bunch of different ejuice flavours and coils.

2 weeks down the track, I was actually enjoying vaping. I was vaping inside and it tasted a hell of a lot better than smoking.

2 more weeks later - I was a convert. My previous cunning plan went complely out the window - I was now a vaper, and would stay a vaper. Screw smoking :D

I ordered an upgraded starter kit, more ejuice, moved back home and healed. A month later I found ECF and the rest is history ;)

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I had been unable to stop smoking even though I coughed so much in the mornings, I would almost pass out. I saw an ad pop up on the computer for an electronic cigarette and I was intrigued. I checked it out and ended up doing some research and buying a cigalike/juice to try it out.

I was actually afraid of it and didn't want anyone to see me so I went outside early in the morning to try it out. First inhale and I said to myself, 'this could actually work.' Almost 10 years later and still not smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread