Aspire BDC Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicM

Oct 23, 2014
Port Talbot
Hey guys, I'm new to this site but not that new to vaping. I've been vaping around 18 months. In this time I've met lots of great sellers and a fair few dodgy ones.

Recently I purchased a set of new coils for my Aspire BDC, I instantly noticed the box did not have a scratch code so I checked the coils and it turned out they were not stamped with the Aspire label. This is a 1st for me!
My 1st reaction was to google it, like most people do but I found an array of answers and nothing gave a definite yes or no. Some say they are 'generic' others say not fake just replacement coils.
So I thought I'd find out once and for all!!

I spoke with the manufacturer and I found their customer service was fantastic!

They pretty much confirmed what I thought....YES the coils I purchased were fakes (copies).

Their reply on HOW TO SPOT THE FAKES :

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for supporting us,
First,every pack of our coils(5pcs) has a scratch code label ,customer can scratch and get the security code,then check it on our online store.
Second,Theres is."aspire" on the coils.
Third,for old 2.1ohm coils ,the voltage rang is:3.0-6.0V ,not it changes to 5.0-6.0V,You can confirm that if the coils orginal or not by above standard.Have a nice day!

I think this information was important to share and to solve all the speculation. I found the fakes I had did not vape as well as the genuine Aspire coils Im used to. You might find them fine, its personal preference but I do believe we should all have a choice and know exactly what we're purchasing.

Hope this info helps solve someone elses unanswered questions :)

Last edited:

leooko

Moved On
Jul 2, 2014
Hong Kong
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

NicM

Oct 23, 2014
Port Talbot
The fakes I purchased were from ebay, being advertised as the real deal. This is the only seller I've ever had an issue with so I won't be put off from getting them off ebay in the future. Some of the ecig shops sell the fake aspire coils, so its best just to know what your looking for.
There are afew people on here already talking about this issue but I cant post to their thread yet!

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
If you are new to the Aspire BDC coils, you may want to give the BVC replacements for them a try. They produce much more vapor and are available for the Nautilus line as well as non-nautilus tanks that use the BDC coils.

Sweet-vapes.com carries all them and they only sell the original ones...not knockoffs.

I have to second this post. The BVC has a much better flavor and we carry the real Aspire gear in our store as well at Puckerfish.

If you are new to the Aspire BDC coils, you may want to give the BVC replacements for them a try. They produce much more vapor and are available for the Nautilus line as well as non-nautilus tanks that use the BDC coils.

Sweet-vapes.com carries all them and they only sell the original ones...not knockoffs.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The fakes I purchased were from ebay, being advertised as the real deal. This is the only seller I've ever had an issue with so I won't be put off from getting them off ebay in the future. Some of the ecig shops sell the fake aspire coils, so its best just to know what your looking for.
There are a few people on here already talking about this issue but I cant post to their thread yet!

I hope you get sorted with ebay and get your money back of something.

Is ebay that cheap for replacement atomiser heads?

If you decide to try the BVC coils for your tank, you could try this shop.

http://www.vapercaper.co.uk/collect...cement-heads-for-standard-aspire-clearomisers

....seems a good price to me, I don't use ebay (never) and have thankfully only bought 1 fake item. I don't use that vendor any more.

If you want a large supply, try FASTTECH. I have 4 boxes on order.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
If you want to save some money, check out this video. I enlarged the BDC wick holes with a 5/64" drill, then wrapped the coil on the bit, aligned the coil in the holes and stick the drill bit through to hold the coil in place. Similar to what this guy does, but without the tools.

google for BDC rebuildable and the video should be the first link that shows up.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you want to save some money, check out this video. I enlarged the BDC wick holes with a 5/64" drill, then wrapped the coil on the bit, aligned the coil in the holes and stick the drill bit through to hold the coil in place. Similar to what this guy does, but without the tools.

google for BDC rebuildable and the video should be the first link that shows up.

I have exactly this! It works. I bought it from the chap who made the video.

It's working really well. What will happen when I have to rebuild it, who knows... :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Dont think my last post worked!!
Ive used to have a small aspire tank but then I bought the aspire et-s....will a bvc work in that then? Ive been thinking of buying the nautilus to give the new coils a go.

Yes.. yes.. I got some of the small BVCs and put them in an ET-S. Works great. :)

What with Nautilus BVCs (in a mini) and small BVCs (in an ET-S) and (possibly) some rebuilding of the pre-rebuilt one I bought, I am good for months and months.

How would you describe the difference in the BVC vs BDC coils? I'm very new to this lovely habit and haven't tried a BVC yet.

stylemaster

Nov 17, 2014
worcester
Maybe you can tell us where you bought them?

(or if you are too shy to do so, please tell me at some point so can advise forum users in the UK).

Thanks for the post... :)

I didnt realise but i also bought fakes from Smokers Angel in Worcester. And they are selling quite pricey coils, considering they are complete fakes! Annoyed that it is hard to find the real deal... you have to hunt for them it seems ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread