The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aspire Breeze 2 coil problem?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by cv022, May 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cv022

cv022 New Member

May 27, 2019
    So, i've had a Breeze 2 for a while now, and i'm having some issues with the coil burning? I have a semi-high nicotine level into the pod at the moment. (And before i'm asked, yes, the coil has been sitting way long enough to be primed enough to fire). But, from time to time, I can taste the coil burning and i'm not sure why. I didn't change the coil that long ago, so i'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    Rocky Mount, NC
    I have had the same problem if I take more than 3-4 hits back to back. The one thing I found to help this was after about 2-3 hit I can cover the air flow holes and pull through it. When I do that it sucks juice right into the coil instead of relying on it to wick itself. I hope this can help you out a little bit. It's the only thing I've found to help me

-James

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. cv022

cv022 New Member

May 27, 2019
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "pull through it". Do you mean fire it through and let the vapor stay in the coil for a few seconds? I'm a little confused.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    What coils are you using and how thick is the juice.?
    I run 60VG/40PG salts in mine on the 0.6 ohm coil without any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member

Feb 9, 2019
    No problems here whatsoever. And my coil is fairy old now, almost two months being used in a daily basis. Maybe juice is too thick and don't saturate properly the cotton? Just guessing, of course...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    To give possible solutions we need a bit more information. What is the vg/pg ratio in your juice? What ohm is your coil? At what wattage are you vaping? You mentioned that it had been sitting long enough to be properly primed. Just sitting will not "prime" the coil. When I was using drop-in coils, I dripped ejuice into the top of the coil and also dripped ejuice on the holes on the sides. Then I let it set. Help us help you by giving a bit more information.
    Hello and welcome to ECF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. cv022

cv022 New Member

May 27, 2019
    I'm out of town and have my vape gear packed, so all i can say off the top of my head is that the nicotine level is 50mg/30mg. I believe the coil is 1.0 ohm. And yes, I did prime by putting liquid through the top and sides as well. I always do when I change coils.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    Pulling too hard and too often.

My recommendation is to carry 2 units and only pull 2-3 times from each before swapping.

That will give you wicks time to resoak.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    Rocky Mount, NC
    I was saying covering the air flow holes on the side of the tip and pull air without pressing the fire button. I have found it will suck juice in the coil but just have to be careful not to flood it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.