Aspire K1 users Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Hi my set up is the Aspire CF G-Poer battery with 4.2 output; Aspire K1 Clearomizer; 1.6 ohm BVC Coil.

I've tried all different thickness of juice but the juice is either too thin or too thick. Should I use 1.8 ohm coil instead?

Thanks.

Too thin or thick for what? Flavor, or vapor?

The only thing the 1.8Ohm coil will do is save you a tiny bit of battery. I've never personally found a big difference between the 1.8 and the 1.6 coils in my K1.

I usually use my K1 for testing my tobacco juices, I usually try to mix 50/50, but I've used 70/30 without issues (unless I'm chain-vaping).

Let me know what's going wrong and I'd be glad to help :)

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Too thin or thick for what? Flavor, or vapor?

The only thing the 1.8Ohm coil will do is save you a tiny bit of battery. I've never personally found a big difference between the 1.8 and the 1.6 coils in my K1.

I usually use my K1 for testing my tobacco juices, I usually try to mix 50/50, but I've used 70/30 without issues (unless I'm chain-vaping).

Let me know what's going wrong and I'd be glad to help :)

Hi Liskrig, thanks for the reply.

When I use 70VG/30PG (thick), it feels like the hole is blocked, I guess the juice is too thick.
But if I do 50/50 or even thinner juice, it will get flooded real quick and no flavor taste.

I have the newer batch of the Aspire BVC coils what comes with larger holes on the coil. I do chain vape most of the time... Right now I am staying with 70VG/30PG with the 1.6 ohm coil. I am not really satisfied...

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Are you using the mouth-to-lung technique? I know the draw is tight on the K1 (hence why I use it for tobacco juices), but the thickness of the juice won't affect the draw. It could also be how much you fill it too (as far as the flooding), I hate hate hate the bars in the way of the chimney... I don't use needles for anything, so filling for me always results in me getting juice in the chimney. If you are chain-vaping it, the 50-50 should be fine, Try turning up the wattage on your device (if possible) and that should help with any flooding. It may take a few pulls for it to dry up, but I just did this with my Subtank Plus (usually run it at 27w and I bumped it to 33w to clean out the coil.) and it worked wonderfully.

Silly question, but how old is the coil you're using?

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Are you using the mouth-to-lung technique? I know the draw is tight on the K1 (hence why I use it for tobacco juices), but the thickness of the juice won't affect the draw. It could also be how much you fill it too (as far as the flooding), I hate hate hate the bars in the way of the chimney... I don't use needles for anything, so filling for me always results in me getting juice in the chimney. If you are chain-vaping it, the 50-50 should be fine, Try turning up the wattage on your device (if possible) and that should help with any flooding. It may take a few pulls for it to dry up, but I just did this with my Subtank Plus (usually run it at 27w and I bumped it to 33w to clean out the coil.) and it worked wonderfully.

Silly question, but how old is the coil you're using?

Not sure what the mouth-to-lung technique is.. lol Sounds crazy haha. All my coils are authentic and new...
I can't change the output on my battery, but do you think using 1.8ohm (instead of 1.6) will prevent the flooding with 50/50?

FYI: my Aspire battery says 4.2V output on it.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Not sure what the mouth-to-lung technique is.. lol Sounds crazy haha. All my coils are authentic and new...
I can't change the output on my battery, but do you think using 1.8ohm (instead of 1.6) will prevent the flooding with 50/50?

FYI: my Aspire battery says 4.2V output on it.
Most terms in vaping sound crazy haha

The easiest way to describe it is think about drinking water through a straw... You take the water into your mouth (vapor in this case) then swallow it (I'm not helping this... hahaha) that is the mouth-to-lung technique... similar to smoking a cigarette.

If you can not change any power settings on your mod (battery) then I would try a 1.8Ohm coil. It may help with the flooding because Aspire's coils usually run a bit higher than what they say. So a 1.6 may run as a 1.7... and a 1.8 can run up to a 2.0Ohm. Either way, if vaping is helping you for your smoking cessation goals, You can always invest in a new mod. There are a lot out there that will let you change the voltage (or wattage) depending on your setup.

Hope this helps in some way :p

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Most terms in vaping sound crazy haha

The easiest way to describe it is think about drinking water through a straw... You take the water into your mouth (vapor in this case) then swallow it (I'm not helping this... hahaha) that is the mouth-to-lung technique... similar to smoking a cigarette.

If you can not change any power settings on your mod (battery) then I would try a 1.8Ohm coil. It may help with the flooding because Aspire's coils usually run a bit higher than what they say. So a 1.6 may run as a 1.7... and a 1.8 can run up to a 2.0Ohm. Either way, if vaping is helping you for your smoking cessation goals, You can always invest in a new mod. There are a lot out there that will let you change the voltage (or wattage) depending on your setup.

Hope this helps in some way :p
Thanks again,

The juice I vape is called Apples to Oranges from Vapedudes, maybe it's too sticky... But I can't be sure that could be the problem...

Do you have the Aspire CF-Power battery? Also what coil do you use with the K1 at 70VG/30PG?

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
You're welcome! I use my K1 on an iStick 20w, and I believe I'm using the 1.6Ohm coils... But again, I'm not chain-vaping it so it has plenty of time to wick. Try the 1.8Ohm with a 50/50 juice though, maybe it will suit your battery better.
Will do! I will try that and report back :)

Reactions: Liskrig

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
You're welcome! I use my K1 on an iStick 20w, and I believe I'm using the 1.6Ohm coils... But again, I'm not chain-vaping it so it has plenty of time to wick. Try the 1.8Ohm with a 50/50 juice though, maybe it will suit your battery better.

Okay I was lucky that they sell the 1.8ohm at my local store, so I grabbed a pack and tried from thick to thin juices. The vape was no good.. Hardly getting any vape out of it. I tried the 1.8ohm before with the same set up... It was bad. Didn't hurt to test it again.

So I am back to 1.6 ohm, with 70VG/30PG juice... I like it but after 1/2 day of vaping it will start make my throat really weird, feels like something is in my throat that got stuck...

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
You may want to invest in a new battery. It seems like that one is dying. Due to all the bad press of the iStick(s) you may want to try a Vision Spinner 2 as you can adjust the voltage on that to try and get those coils firing properly. I haven't heard anything bad with the iStick 20w or 30w so that may be an option too.

I apologize for the silly question, but how often do you charge the battery?

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
You may want to invest in a new battery. It seems like that one is dying. Due to all the bad press of the iStick(s) you may want to try a Vision Spinner 2 as you can adjust the voltage on that to try and get those coils firing properly. I haven't heard anything bad with the iStick 20w or 30w so that may be an option too.

I apologize for the silly question, but how often do you charge the battery?
Battery could be one problem.. I do realize that it vapes a lot better right after it's charged, but I am going to confirm that tonight. two of my batteries are pretty new... only used for 2 months. But it's really weird that it only takes around 1 hour to fully charge the battery. They are both 650mah. Will report back.

thanks buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread