Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of the latest offerings from Aspire on the subject of Pod Kit, it is the 400mah Minican 2. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this little device, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Before starting let's see the main features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Small and portable, easy to carry anywhere
    • 2. 1.0Ω Mesh Coil, great flavor and long life
    • 3. Cartridge compatible with Minican Pod and Minican + Pod
    • 4. 3ml e-juice capacity, easy bottom filling system
    • 5. Integrated 400 mAh battery with type C charging
    • 6. ASP chipset for the safest vaping experience
    • 7. Output bypass mode and automatic Puff activation
    • 8. Overcharge / over discharge protection for vaping / short circuit / overheating / low voltage / overcharging

► Aspire Minican 2; Packaging:
    The Aspire box packaging in the classic White / Orange colors offers frontally; The name of the brand (Aspire), a sticker with the color of this sample (Sky Blue, some main features, the name of the product (Minican 2), "A Mini Flavor Blast" and of course the image of the kit .

On the back, there is a short description of the product and they are listed; the packing list, warnings, contacts of Shenzhen Eigate Technology Co., Ltd and the place of origin of the product.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-2.jpg

On the side of the box are shown; The batch number, a hologram, the Scratch & Check, legal trademarks and logos.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-3.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Packing List:
    • 1 * Aspire Minican 2 device
    • 1 * Aspire Minican 2 Pod 1.0Ω (3ml)
    • 1 * Type-C cable
    • 1 * User Manual

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-4.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Parameters:
    • Size: 28.1 * 15.6 * 83.1mm
    • Weight 27g
    • Battery capacity: Built-in 400mAh battery
    • Type of charge: Type-C charge
    • Mode: Bypass with automatic Puff activation
    • Pod capacity: 3ml
    • Type of filling: Bottom
    • Coil parameters: Mesh-Coil not replaceable by 1.0Ω (kanthal AF)
    • Pod compatible with: Minican Pod and Minican + Pod

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-5.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Available colours:
    • Pink
    • Pearl
    • Lavender
    • Amber
    • Lime Green
    • Sky Blue

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-6.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; First impressions:
    I always gladly deal with Aspire as it is one of the most important and prestigious brands of the large Chinese vaping industry and usually offers popular products of good quality and widespread distribution.

In this case, after Minican (original) and Minican + comes Minican 2 which follows the concept of the previous devices, all made for maximum ease of use and for those who intend to start vaping in an economically convenient way. In fact, on Minican 2 we find everything we need; a USB-C charging socket, a rechargeable cartridge with integrated Mesh coil, a Led indicator for notifications and two opposing holes for the MTL-type airflow.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-7.jpg

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-8.jpg

The first Minican (the black one in the photo below) had a rubberized anti-dust coating, pleasant and soft to the touch. The new Minican 2 that was sent to me is in Blue Sky color. Minican 2 compared to the Original Minican has undergone a slight body stretch to accommodate a slightly larger battery. Minican 2 has lost the rubberized coating and is entirely made of simple super smooth plastic material, probably for a discourse of maximum containment of the price. Minican 2 costs about 10 $, unbelievable!

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-9.jpg

Needless to say, Minican 2 easily fits into any pocket, the only drawback could be to forget it in your pants or jacket ... it's so compact and light ...

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-10.jpg

On the tapered plastic body of Minican 2 there are some writings that can only be noticed with a careful look.
    In the lower front part we find the Multifunction Led which takes care of sending the user notifications on the state of use and on the active integrated protections of the ASP circuit.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-11.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; How does it work:
    Nothing is simpler ... The puff is automatic, the device works in By-pass, supplying the coil with the energy necessary for its activation in relation to the battery charge.

► Aspire Minican 2; Let's see together the meaning of the LED signals:
    • When the LED is white it means that the device is in use.
    • When the LED blinks 10 times with white color, it means that the battery charge level is lower than 3.3V
    • When the 8s threshold of a single Puff is exceeded, the power is cut off for your safety and the LED flashes twice with white.
    • When the short circuit protection is active the led light will be white for two seconds
    • When the low voltage protection is active the led light will blink white 10 times
    • When the device is fully charged, the LED light flashes white 20 times
    • When the overload protection activates the device will stop charging
    • When the overheating protection activates the device will stop dispensing

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-12.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Top and bottom view:
    The two magnets on the bottom of the compartment are particularly powerful and guarantee the cartridge a solid hook. In the compartment are two gold-plated floating pins and the "auto blow" sensor.

The USB-C charging socket has a speed of 500mAh, it is located on the bottom of the device.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-13.jpg

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-14.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Refillable Pod:
    The refillable cartridge of Minican 2 is made of transparent PCTG and offers a capacity of up to 3ml of e-liquid. In the package of this kit there are no spare cartridges, I would have expected from Aspire at least one other cartridge with a different resistive value.

The cartridge can be inserted in either direction on the device. There is no airflow control and the Puff is what I would describe as an average MTL. Air enters through two holes on both sides of the device.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-15.jpg

The cartridge with its ergonomic profile is quite comfortable adapting well to the lips, the refueling takes place from below after removing an orange rubber. Simply fill the cartridge through the filling hole which is large enough for most commercial e-liquid dispensers. Wait 5 minutes the first time you use it, then insert the cartridge into the device.
    Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-16.jpg

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-17.jpg

A pleasant surprise was the full adaptability of the previous original Minican cartridges.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-18.jpg

The image below shows the various cartridges compatible with Minican 2, there are those for the original Minican and those for the Minican 2 both TPD (2ml) and 3ml.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-19.jpg

► Aspire Minican 2; Vaping test and final thoughts:
    Minican 2 is small and comfortable, the duckbill shape of the mouthpiece is rather ergonomic, it can be held between the lips even without the help of the hands, indeed this is exactly how I use it also because it weighs less than a Tuscan cigar. The pod contains up to 3ml of liquid, it does not leak or regurgitate liquid and I think this is really important, also through the dark-colored PCTG cartridge it is easy to see how much liquid is left.
    On the Minican there are no buttons for adjustment or control, so the device is easy to maintain. The ASP chipset with the multiple protections that Minican 2 is equipped with allows safe use.

The automatic Puff works perfectly and is very sensitive, the battery life is not the longest compared to other pod systems on the market, however it does not take long to recharge the Minican 2 (around 30 minutes). Perhaps the only flaw with this kit is the fact that it only has one cartridge included in the box. I hope Aspire takes this feedback into account when the Minican 2 goes into retail.

Aspire Minican 2 Kit is compatible with Minican Pod and Minican + Pod cartridges ... I recommend using both cartridges to appreciate the different shades of airiness and flavor they offer. I also had the original Minican 1.2Ω cartridge available so I did the Vaping test using that too.
    For this test I used a Mexico 50/50 which I know well. The same e-liquid I use on my Nautilus. The aromatic yield is absolutely faithful with both cartridges.

• Original Minican 1.2Ω Mesh Pod:
    This 1.2Ω Mesh Coil is very reactive, during the vape it emits a lot of dense and hot vapor, I am surprised by this power. The Puff is a restricted MTL type with a very balanced Hit. Before recharging the battery, about a full tank is done, consumption is very low and even a single ml of liquid lasts a long time.

• 1.0Ω Mesh Pod of Minican 2:
    Like the previous one, this Mesh Coil is also very ready for any solicitation by activating immediately, the Puff is a rather airy MTL type with a nice hit in the throat. The aromatic yield of this 1.0Ω coil makes me prefer it to the previous one. Considering the massive production of thick and hot vapor it really feels like using a nautilus which has always been one of the best devices for MTL vaping.

Pros:
    Super affordable price of around € 10
    Ultra portable and invisible pod
    Pleasant and smooth to the touch device.
    Powerful magnets
    Mesh-Coil with Top flavor
    MTL automatic Puff
    Bottom refill with watertight seal
    Optimal liquid level visibility
    Aspire's proprietary ASP chipset

Tips:
    I would have preferred to get a spare cartridge included in the Kit.

Thanks to Aspire for sending me the sample for review.
    Aspire Minican 2 - Aspire® Official Site

Thanks for reading.

Aspire-Minican-2-Pod-Kit-400mah-20.jpg

Reactions: Javichu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread