Aspire Nautilus 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
Hi,
I'm new here and i really need some help. I bought aspire zelos kit and i'm having some majore problems with nautilus 2 tank. First of all i took the new coil primed it filled the tank and left it for an hour and when i first tried it it was great and after few puffs there came horrible burnt taste i tried to let it sit little more but the burnt taste kept coming. I switched to 1.8 ohm coil and it also didnt wick properly in beggining but over period of 2 days bubbles started coming out of holes and it was excellent. I ordered genuine replacement coil and now i switched to that 0.7 replacement coil and it wont wick at all,no bubbles burnt plastic taste after first puff and when i try to open my tank the coil gets attached to top cap. I am really dissapointed because i love vaping and wanted to get into diy juice making, but there is no point if i cant taste anything but burnt rubber. Please help because i know this tank can make some great flavor. Am i doing something wrong? I want to mention i tried to pierce holes with needle but no luck with that... Thank you in advance!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What juice are you using in the tank (VG/PG ratio).

I started out on an N2 tank and am a bit familiar with it's foibles. First, do some long slow priming puffs without pressing the fire button. Very slowllly increase your wattage. I have noticed a SLIGHT plastic/burning taste on first using a coil (not every coil but sometimes) and I prime through it very slowly as it goes away after a few drags. Really increase your wattage very slowly.

To wick juice up through those small coils I have gotten in the habit of inhaling for a second or two after I stop pressing the fire button to continue wicking up through the coils.

I actually thought that the 0.7 coils were nice for flavor but again, prime thoroughly. Maybe opening your airflow a bit at the start might help. I do prefer the 1.6 coils (they don't come with the starter kit, but they are my favorite).

Best of luck, priming these coils is really important. It sometimes takes a tank or two to get going. Make sure your coil is WELL screwed down into the tank (I go a little tighter than finger tight) to avoid the chimney issue. I had one that I dropped and the chamber tilted slightly but I was able to get it working again by jiggering with the chimney until it was straight.

That's about all I got, but if you are using a high VG juice, may want to lower it some. I have to use max VG as too much PG makes me hoarse. I found adding 10 percent distilled water helped some with my vaping and wicking.

Good luck,

Anna

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
What juice are you using in the tank (VG/PG ratio).

I started out on an N2 tank and am a bit familiar with it's foibles. First, do some long slow priming puffs without pressing the fire button. Very slowllly increase your wattage. I have noticed a SLIGHT plastic/burning taste on first using a coil (not every coil but sometimes) and I prime through it very slowly as it goes away after a few drags. Really increase your wattage very slowly.

To wick juice up through those small coils I have gotten in the habit of inhaling for a second or two after I stop pressing the fire button to continue wicking up through the coils.

I actually thought that the 0.7 coils were nice for flavor but again, prime thoroughly. Maybe opening your airflow a bit at the start might help. I do prefer the 1.6 coils (they don't come with the starter kit, but they are my favorite).

Best of luck, priming these coils is really important. It sometimes takes a tank or two to get going. Make sure your coil is WELL screwed down into the tank (I go a little tighter than finger tight) to avoid the chimney issue. I had one that I dropped and the chamber tilted slightly but I was able to get it working again by jiggering with the chimney until it was straight.

That's about all I got, but if you are using a high VG juice, may want to lower it some. I have to use max VG as too much PG makes me hoarse. I found adding 10 percent distilled water helped some with my vaping and wicking.

Good luck,

Anna
Anna thank you so much for your time writing this, i primed it like this: i filled every single of those wicking holes with juice as much as it took it,and than i droped few drops i center, screwed coil reaaaaly tight and filled tank with juice let it sit for a while but no luck even with new coil? I really am starting to think that i did something really wrong because every reviewer of naut 2 is amazed and on the other side i am having a battle with it. EDIT: I also tried to take no power puffs actually a lot of them and still no progress...in love with vaping but 0 luck

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Anna thank you so much for your time writing this, i primed it like this: i filled every single of those wicking holes with juice as much as it took it,and than i droped few drops i center, screwed coil reaaaaly tight and filled tank with juice let it sit for a while but no luck even with new coil? I really am starting to think that i did something really wrong because every reviewer of naut 2 is amazed and on the other side i am having a battle with it. EDIT: I also tried to take no power puffs actually a lot of them and still no progress...in love with vaping but 0 luck
Those coils have really, small juice intake holes. I use 50/50 juice and my coils have worked just fine. 70/30 might just be a bit thick.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK. I don't put juice inside a new coil, usually. But I do take 5 or 6 long, slow inhales (no fire button) over the course of about 5 minutes, before even starting priming fires at say 4 or 5 watts, moving up a few watts at a time.

Really, (especially with these tiny coils) I find that letting them just sit doesn't really do the trick for me.... I tend to find that inhaling through the coil works better for wicking. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, but I don't expect that to "fully" prime my coil and with some of the coils, I will still get a slight burning/plastic-y hit the first 5 or so drags (I ignore it and continue priming). It's nothing like a dry hit, just the new wick giving off a little bit of manufacturing whatevers.

Some folks have found luck poking the coils with a needle to increase wicking capacity.

Are these still the coils that came with the tank? It's possible you got a bad set of coils, it does happen. I would check if they are authentic and even if they are sometimes a bad coil or two gets in there.

At 70 pg you shouldn't be having those issues though. Try a few really really thorough priming processes and then if it continues you can a) warranty it (tank coils or both) or b) maybe go to a Brick and mortar vape store if you have one near you and see if they can help you isolate the problem.

Good luck,

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Walee, I think he said 70 PG 30 VG, he just reversed the "standard" ratio. Which is why this is all a bit puzzling to me. I suppose he could try 50-50 however, perhaps more VG would HELP with the priming process. I'm puzzled because I've used this tank with MAX VG (before starting to add 10% distilled water, which made a HUGE difference in my vape) and while my coils gunked faster with max VG, I really didn't have issues with dry hits or anything else. That's why I am starting to wonder about the coils.

Flavoor if you have any 50-50 juice, you could try it. It can't hurt anything at this point.

Anna

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
IDK. I don't put juice inside a new coil, usually. But I do take 5 or 6 long, slow inhales (no fire button) over the course of about 5 minutes, before even starting priming fires at say 4 or 5 watts, moving up a few watts at a time.

Really, (especially with these tiny coils) I find that letting them just sit doesn't really do the trick for me.... I tend to find that inhaling through the coil works better for wicking. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, but I don't expect that to "fully" prime my coil and with some of the coils, I will still get a slight burning/plastic-y hit the first 5 or so drags (I ignore it and continue priming). It's nothing like a dry hit, just the new wick giving off a little bit of manufacturing whatevers.

Some folks have found luck poking the coils with a needle to increase wicking capacity.

Are these still the coils that came with the tank? It's possible you got a bad set of coils, it does happen. I would check if they are authentic and even if they are sometimes a bad coil or two gets in there.

At 70 pg you shouldn't be having those issues though. Try a few really really thorough priming processes and then if it continues you can a) warranty it (tank coils or both) or b) maybe go to a Brick and mortar vape store if you have one near you and see if they can help you isolate the problem.

Good luck,

Anna
Ok i will take new coil now (it's authentic checked the code) put some liquid in those wicking holes put it in tank fill with juice and draw like 50 slow no power draws let it sit for 10 minuted and than try 0.7 one beggining with 14 W thanks for help,i'll post results.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, no you START priming and firing LOW. Start at 3 or 4 watts and slowwwllly work your way up at 1 or 2 watt increments. You may get NO vapor. That is FINE. What draws juice into your wick is SUCTION, and if it's not well primed, it will BURN if you start the suction at 14 watts, as you are expecting your coil to be fully wicked before it IS. That will burn the coil.

Priming's kind of an "art". What works with one tank doesn't work with another. But start your firing/priming at LOW wattage and move up very slowwwwllly.

Anna

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
No, no you START priming and firing LOW. Start at 3 or 4 watts and slowwwllly work your way up at 1 or 2 watt increments. You may get NO vapor. That is FINE. What draws juice into your wick is SUCTION, and if it's not well primed, it will BURN if you start the suction at 14 watts, as you are expecting your coil to be fully wicked before it IS. That will burn the coil.

Priming's kind of an "art". What works with one tank doesn't work with another. But start your firing/priming at LOW wattage and move up very slowwwwllly.

Anna
Oh my i didn't know that,never did it like that on my protank mini 3,so i should fill it with liquid, wait for 10 mins,pull few no power draws and than work my way up slowly from reaaaally low wattage to 18? I feel so stupid right now sry for bugging but i really never did that

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
S'okay. Like I said, different tanks, different wicking is needed. I wouldn't feel stupid about it at ALL. I just happen to know a lot about the N2 because it was my main quitting tank before I branched out. These are pretty small coils, so I have found that draws and good priming are helpful for avoiding a burnt coil.... Whereas some other tanks with coils, they don't need as much priming.

Also, that MAY be your problem, but it's not a guarantee. You could have still gotten some bad coils, but the only dry hit I ever got on an N2 coil was by accidentally trying to turn a mod down lower, not realizing it had a threshold and spun around to 120 watts. LOL. Good luck, and if it doesn't work, I'd say take the tank in to a B&M and get some help with it. You may have some bad coils, or there may be something going on with your tank. But good luck and report back!

Anna

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
Switched the coil did all stuff,im on 11W now it's tastes normal and now i dont want to go higher because i dont want it to go bad again even though its too low for 0.7 ohm thank you very much for your time and response ❤ p.s. i died of laughter when i read your situation with burning coil at 120 W thank for cheering me up[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
S'okay. Like I said, different tanks, different wicking is needed. I wouldn't feel stupid about it at ALL. I just happen to know a lot about the N2 because it was my main quitting tank before I branched out. These are pretty small coils, so I have found that draws and good priming are helpful for avoiding a burnt coil.... Whereas some other tanks with coils, they don't need as much priming.

Also, that MAY be your problem, but it's not a guarantee. You could have still gotten some bad coils, but the only dry hit I ever got on an N2 coil was by accidentally trying to turn a mod down lower, not realizing it had a threshold and spun around to 120 watts. LOL. Good luck, and if it doesn't work, I'd say take the tank in to a B&M and get some help with it. You may have some bad coils, or there may be something going on with your tank. But good luck and report back!

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I went back and reread your first post. Something caught my attention. You said the coil stayed in the chimney. This brings two things to mind.
1) coil is not attached securely enough in the base.

2) Did you disassemble the tank and wash out and dry the base and connection before screwing the coil back into the base?

I’m just grasping at straws. The N2’s have worked flawlessly for me as long is everything is clean, all connections are snug, and you have genuine coils.

The only glitch that can occur during filling is some coil flooding. People have different solutions such as turning the tank upside down for the last few tightening turns.

Here’s my method and it works for me. I always take the tank off the mod and put it on a tank stand.

After filling and tightening bell, I open the air flow and blow gently in the bell, dabbing off any juice that comes out.

Then I screw the tank back on the mod. Final step is sticking a q tip in the hole, all the way to the coil, rotate gently and pull out. Takes all excess out and prevents gurgling. That’s just my method.

Flavoor

Dec 22, 2017
Republic of Croatia
Im so mad right now because everyone is enjoying nautilus 2 except me, in recent few weeks it performed great everything was ok even with this 70% pg liquid.... and ofcourse all of sudden it stopped wicking...i observed it and i noticed that it isnt pulling liquid from tank after my last liquid filling...when i start to unscrew top part bubbles rapidly come out of coil and coil gets filled with juice...but when i screw it back it wont wick anymore...i was like ok i will change the coil, primed it, let i sit for A REALLY LONG time. Then i started from 4W to 18W (0.7 ohm coil) and really slowly progressed...and there it is (plastic burnt taste) again not wicking until i screw the top part of. I really dont get it is there some kind of vaccum or pressure?? How the hell can i solve this? I'm pretty sure that i will toss it in trash bin because i tried almost everything and all i want to do is vape and get away from cigarettes. Please if anyone resolved this issue help me, I've seen on other forums that some people expirience the same wicking problem as i do with nautilus 2 but no solution so far.... H E L P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread