RDA Aspire Quad Flex - multifunction do everything tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I just got one of these. While it can be configured to be many different things I was mainly interested in the bottom feed, top air flow and standard 510 drip tip adapter.

My 1st build did not go well as I tried a SINGLE coil between the posts. With the way the air comes in on two sides while using the top airflow hood, I was getting very little if any vapor production. I pulled the build and installed two coils this evening and it made a world of difference.

AFC on the top and the air flow goes down a channel in the hood that then right angles kinda below the coils.

I'll need to take pictures but this is looking like a winner. Seems like a nearly perfect squonker rda.

Reactions: opticruby

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Looks interesting for someone that wants an all-in-one kit, and looks like a good value.

Regarding the squonk configuration - is there any reason that you cannot use the side air-flow option when squonking? Obviously, the top air-flow option would be better for preventing a leak on over-squonking, but the side air-flow would likely give better vapor with a single coil between the posts.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Looks interesting for someone that wants an all-in-one kit, and looks like a good value.

Regarding the squonk configuration - is there any reason that you cannot use the side air-flow option when squonking? Obviously, the top air-flow option would be better for preventing a leak on over-squonking, but the side air-flow would likely give better vapor with a single coil between the posts.

Actually, no I could of used the side airflow configuration. The top airflow is/was one of the features that sold me on the kit and I wished to use it.

Topped with the 510 drip tip adapter and with a Kanger STM tip I'm liking how this little guy vapes. (one of the other selling points)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois

Looking at the pic displayed above it would seem for the design of the side air top cap, the AFC is cut especially low for the design. I could see this as a real leaker if someone doesn't pay attention to how they are squonking or vaping it...

Reactions: gpjoe

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Here's mine mounted (sorry for the crappy cell phone image)
    30308367093_8efb427dd1.jpg

Finally an RDA with a "standard" sized drip tip! I'm likening it!

opticruby

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    UK
    Got my one in today, been using it RDTA mode and really enjoying it. The flavour off it is amongst the best I've tasted. I do think its best run as dual-coil though (as far as the RDTA mode is concerned anyways, as no wick-hole plug is supplyed).

Probably will never use it in tank-mode but still a nice addition.

BTW I have been filling the tank by unscrewing the deck section as suggested by DJLsb Vapes.

Also great thread @GeorgeS. :thumb:

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Looking at the pic displayed above it would seem for the design of the side air top cap, the AFC is cut especially low for the design. I could see this as a real leaker if someone doesn't pay attention to how they are squonking or vaping it...

I saw that, and figured as much, but thought I would ask to verify. I bought a budget two post top-airflow RDA (Tobeco Torque) and it was horrible in single coil mode, which is what I like to use on my squonkers, so this is probably a no-go for me. I only use single battery mech squonk boxes and the dual coils can be a battery killer. Besides that, the design aesthetics are too busy for my liking.

All of which is moot if someone is looking for value in an all-in-one-swiss-army-knife atomizer.

Reactions: muzichead

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    I have one that I need to play with more. I got it mainly to use on a Kanger db160 but haven't found a build yet to beat the flavor on my tsunami. The side airflow does work in squonk but neither have the flavor I wanted. That being said I just haven't had/taken the time to find a build for flavor yet.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Finally got around to building the Quad Flex (I got 2 of the power pack kit on a cheap Black Friday sale since I already have 2 Nautilus X not being used) with the top air flow. Will have to give the bottom air sleeve a test at some point but so far I am really liking it and the rayon is barely broke in. Built it with 5 spaced wraps of 28/36 SS Clapton.

r0VpnU8.jpg

Reactions: opticruby

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Finally tried the bottom/side air flow and kicking myself for not trying sooner. Much better for me. Now I need to find an affordable squonker to try it out in BF mode.... guess it's time to order a pico squeeze or two unless anyone else has suggestions for other squonkers that aren't too expensive for a noob to squonking.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    Finally tried the bottom/side air flow and kicking myself for not trying sooner. Much better for me. Now I need to find an affordable squonker to try it out in BF mode.... guess it's time to order a pico squeeze or two unless anyone else has suggestions for other squonkers that aren't too expensive for a noob to squonking.
    Dripbox 160 works fine as a starter setup.

Reactions: Fozzy71
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread