Aspire skystar revvo mod!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    You can use pretty much any tank you like. As long as it has a 510 connector (most do), it should just work.

nautilus - low power, MTL - about as unlike the Revvo as you could get. Very nice though & new version due soon.
    cleito - cloudy, high(ish) power. New versions just released.
    Atlantis Evo - Somewhere between the Nauiltus and Cleito.

The SkyStar will handle them easily.

Ok thanks very much for the info, very useful.

Did a search like you said and found some but not countless, many were linked to the same threads or posts. Looked more than they were. There were some but not countless. No more than usual for complaints about other gear really. When you fill this thing you have to make sure your not squeezing still, even just a little bit, when you lift the bottle tip off from the fill valve. If your still squeezing a bit you can flood the coil top as the juice keeps coming out. That'll leave pooled juice that could be mistaken for a leak issue. Some bottles are not ideal, or have ideal tips suited to filling it. I found that out myself with liquid pooled on the coil top. Squeeze it in nice and slowly and before you lift it off release pressure and its good to hear a little suction noise as air sucks back into the bottle as you do it. That'll ensure anything that didn't quite go into the valve gets sucked back up. Dont worry if at first you suck a little back out of the tank, you'll get the hang of it. I personally believe some complaints I read were filling issues being mistaken for leaks.

Well can I just say this. I just tried to remove the top part so I could change the coil to test if it was the coil and I could not remove the top part lol. So I then managed to unscrew it put the actual all tank fell apart in my hands lol. So at that point I thought I might as well check all the o rings etc etc and cleaned them all and all the joints etc etc.

So in other words the whole tank fell apart. even the glass part and the middle part and the bottom screw part as well. it fully was all apart lol.

Then I made sure everything was then tightly screwed back in properly. So maybe the reason it fell apart in my hand was because it was not fully tight. But either way I then put in a new coil and the liquid is now lasting longer in my tank as well. it is not going down as much. So that must of meant the tank joints might have not been fully tight where the glass is and the top part where the coil sits. But it is now not leaking yet. So will see how it goes. but as I said the liquid is now lasting much longer too. So it must have had some sort of leak from the joints, or maybe the coil was faulty. I will see how it goes as I said.

Thanks tho for the help. Appreciate it :)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I hope it is resolved for you. I will say most of Aspire's stuff doesn't leak, it just doesn't. I also have top air setups that don't leak upside down but the Revvo isn't one of them.

It's hard not to consider user error but as I don't own one, well, I'm glad your larger tank is resolving the issue. You can put any other tank you want on the mod, like others have said, and well... You should be okay.

If you are talking about the Nautilus 2, if you try it be advised that it can leak quite easily from user error. If you fill above the fill line, you will get leaking so in case that is the tank you want to try, I did want to get that particular user error out of the way up front. It's also possible to not seat the coil fully, and you may get leaking then, too, and your other typical symptom is as you are unscrewing the dome to refill, the coil may get stuck in the chimney.

This doesn't make the N2 a bad choice necessarily, it just means you need to know how to use it. I discovered what I am telling you much like many other folks, by engaging in a bit of User Error. It's not really unusual at all for new vapers. The N2 was my quitting tank and I am never going to knock it so to speak, but in case you find "leaky N2 posts" well, those would be some reasons why.

Welcome to the boards,

Anna

• Informative
    Reactions: DreamRJ

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    I hope it is resolved for you. I will say most of Aspire's stuff doesn't leak, it just doesn't. I also have top air setups that don't leak upside down but the Revvo isn't one of them.

It's hard not to consider user error but as I don't own one, well, I'm glad your larger tank is resolving the issue. You can put any other tank you want on the mod, like others have said, and well... You should be okay.

If you are talking about the Nautilus 2, if you try it be advised that it can leak quite easily from user error. If you fill above the fill line, you will get leaking so in case that is the tank you want to try, I did want to get that particular user error out of the way up front. It's also possible to not seat the coil fully, and you may get leaking then, too, and your other typical symptom is as you are unscrewing the dome to refill, the coil may get stuck in the chimney.

This doesn't make the N2 a bad choice necessarily, it just means you need to know how to use it. I discovered what I am telling you much like many other folks, by engaging in a bit of User Error. It's not really unusual at all for new vapers. The N2 was my quitting tank and I am never going to knock it so to speak, but in case you find "leaky N2 posts" well, those would be some reasons why.

Welcome to the boards,

Anna

Thanks for the info, I was not saying I wanted or was going to get or try a different aspire tank. I was just merely asking if I could, I mentioned the Nautllus because my dad uses that tank but he is not sub ohm. So it wouldn't be for me anyway as I am s sub ohm vapour now.

I am now happy with this new bigger revvo tank anyway. I just now wished and hope that aspire make a bigger tank in the future for it. 3.6ml is still pretty small considering the amount of juice we go through at the higher wattages and lower ohm coils.

I also wished that Aspire would make some better mouth pieces as well so we have a choice. As it is we are all stuck with the same mouth piece on the revvo tank..... I would have really loved to be in that meeting when they was brainwashing the development of the aspire skystar and revvo tank and why they decided and chose to make the mouthpiece stuck and unchangeable though. If it was me I would have not gave up the fight to make sure they didnt go down that route. But hey it is what it is. Lets see what the future holds for future revvo v2/v3 etc etc....

Reactions: stols001

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    Wow, it falling apart showed some issue of something perhaps not being seated properly. The Revvo is typically a difficult tank to dismantle. Hopefully the issues are over.
    1 more refilling tip. I diy my juice and bottles get reused. In the end all plastic tips will succumb to use and wear, partially close and cause filling issues with the Revvo fill system. Theyre soft and dont last forever. So in the end it will wear them out to the point they're useless to fill the Revvo. Can take several uses of the bottle as in having a couple of hundred mil put through it, but it will eventualy happen and cause messy fills. Its then time to ditch that tip or bottle.
    Good luck. Im sure it'll all turn out good.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    Thanks @Vapedog - yes the new 3.6ml tank is perfect, no leaks yet with it. I do like the mod more now this leak issue has stopped :)

I am now also doing higher wattage's as well. Even doing some hits at 75watts a few times. But my average watts I use it at is 50-55watts :)
    Great to hear that. Just in case your missing out, we all have our preferences and are different what we like, but try a few @84/85 watts to see. That's the sweet spot for big clouds and flavour for me with it. Regardless, its good to hear your finally getting on with it. :) Happy to hear it.

fowlerkenRog

Moved On
    Nov 30, 2018
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: Spam
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread