Aspire Spryte

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I’ll probably order one. I’m confused what coils it uses amd which one is best for salts. Thanks.
Hi -

It uses Aspire's BVCs (bottom vertical coils). According to them, the new 1.2 ohm coil is best for nic salts.

Note: The Spryte does not use Nautilus BVCs, which are bigger.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Got mine today.

I'll spare you the spiel. I like it. Finally these little coils get AFC, and it works - tight if you want it, or loosey goosey (still MTL) - whatever.

It's comfortable, I'll lose the top cap :) and I think it vapes well. The 1.2 seems OK, if warmer than the 1.8, which I'll probably use since I can go tighter on the afc. EDIT: Condensation's visible in the mouth piece, but that's ok.

Filling is fine, but I've only used a needle tip bottle. The status LED is quite bright and changes colour to indicate remaining charge. If it charges at near 1A, it shouldn't take more than an hour.

I'm using mine with high PG atm, but I'll try some 50/50. Nic salts? No idea - sorry.

That slanty bum tho...?

UPDATE - I've refilled two or three times now. Probably user error, but it was a little messy. I used a 10ml dripper bottle, so not too blunt. The afc gets in the way, but if you can get the bottle's tip in as far as you can, it should probably be ok. Or use a syringe.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Mine arrived two days ago and have been using it on and off since. Initial findings are the mouthpiece is a little on the small side but I got used to it within a day. The 1.2 ohm coil puts out a good amount of vapor and the taste is not bad. The 1.8 ohm coil was too hot for my liking and there was little vapor. Really can't find a reason I would ever use that coil again.

Everything on this device is on an angle and took about a day to get used to that. The fire button is on a seem but can be fired from all sides including the middle.

The light on the fire button is bright, I mean light up your room bright. It goes from fully charged with the orange and blue light to medium charge of just blue light quickly. Going from blue light to red takes some time though. I got about 5 hours of normal use out of it before the light went on. Normal use to me is a couple hits every ten minutes or so. It gets a little warm when chain vaping. From fully dead to full charge in about an hour.

I found it easy to set up and fill. I have not had any spit back but juice does well up in the mouthpiece. A simple quick flick of it gets rid of the built up juice. The vape is a little on the warm side.

Overall, I am still not sure how I feel about this device. Will use if for a while and decide I guess. Wanted to like it more than the Breeze II or Minifit but don't think that will be the case. Only time will tell.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Just got mine in today. 1st impressions are good! I am running my 50/50 tobacco juice in it and the airflow just barely open. This gives a great mtl hit and it is nice and warm! Does any one know how 70vg/30pg works with these coils? I was just wondering whether or not 50/50 is the best option, even though these coils are nothing new, I had never used these before. Like i said, so far so good, i love the pod systems, but this is small enough and gives a nice vape, I may just have to order a 2nd and more coils. Most likely will need 2 to get through a hole day.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Just got mine in today. 1st impressions are good! I am running my 50/50 tobacco juice in it and the airflow just barely open. This gives a great mtl hit and it is nice and warm! Does any one know how 70vg/30pg works with these coils? I was just wondering whether or not 50/50 is the best option, even though these coils are nothing new, I had never used these before. Like i said, so far so good, i love the pod systems, but this is small enough and gives a nice vape, I may just have to order a 2nd and more coils. Most likely will need 2 to get through a hole day.
Hi - I've had mine for about a week and agree - it's a decent vape.

Up to you, but I wouldn't go above 50% VG with those coils. I think they're probably designed for thinner liquids. If you do, maybe keep the airflow wide open - and avoid chain vaping.

Glad you're enjoying it.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
I've also had my Spryte for about 2 weeks or so. I'm a huge fan of the Breeze and Breeze 2 (minus the plastic clips, but I've managed) so I thought I'd try it out. I normally like a cooler vape and I think the 1.0 ohm Breeze coil is about perfect, but the 1.2 ohm BVC coil was just a little too warm for my tastes. On a whim, I decided to pick up a cheap pack of 2.1 ohm BVC coils and I'm happy to report that they work great! The flavor is good, and the vape seems more similar to what I experienced on my beloved Breeze(s). Anyway, if you're curious about some of the other older coils, you might want to give it a try if the included coils aren't your cup of tea.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Tried the Breeze 2 nic salt coils (green type) in my OG Breeze and they scorch and taste burnt forever after if you fully charge the device. Doesn't matter if it's a new coil allowed to soak overnight. Full charge burns it every time. So far the best performing coils are the 0.6 ohm units as far as longevity goes (and flavor too).

Reactions: stols001

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Tried the Breeze 2 nic salt coils (green type) in my OG Breeze and they scorch and taste burnt forever after if you fully charge the device. Doesn't matter if it's a new coil allowed to soak overnight. Full charge burns it every time. So far the best performing coils are the 0.6 ohm units as far as longevity goes (and flavor too).

The Spryte is regulated and puts out a constant 12W. No issues using the 1.2Ω (NS) coil on the Spryte at any point in the charge. Just food for thought - the constant power of this unit is why I chose it over the Breeze.

As for me, I fell hard off the wagon and smoked for 6 straight months before finally coming to terms with the fact that my vape gear was far too specialized for low nic/high vapour and as a result, was having a hell of a time quitting again.

I grabbed the Spryte expecting it to be a transition device, but Nic Salts are a bloody revelation to me and I honestly have no present desire to move back to the nice stuff.

Tiny, economical, and a decent performer, but at the end of the day it's a glorified pen style device, so it's pretty hard to get truly excited about. A few minor gripes:

- drip tip is super comfortable but as mentioned, is prone to trapping condensation. I also use the "flick" method above to help keep the thing clear and gurgle-free. *note I have had ZERO leaking, just gurgling from the condensate.
- the angled styling looks nice in marketing photos. It's just plain annoying in use.
- I'd love a higher capacity battery, but this is a minor thing since an extra unit is cheap and it otherwise charges completely in an hour, and has vape-n-charge capability.

All in all I'd say it's the move to nic salts that has me excited here, but the Spryte has been totally solid with regular, heavy use for the last week and I haven't had a single issue whatsoever. This is an easy device to recommend.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Good to hear. I really like mine. It's not as small as some, but it's comfortable and (as you say) consistent.

The Spryte is regulated and puts out a constant 12W. No issues using the 1.2Ω (NS) coil on the Spryte at any point in the charge. Just food for thought - the constant power of this unit is why I chose it over the Breeze.

As for me, I fell hard off the wagon and smoked for 6 straight months before finally coming to terms with the fact that my vape gear was far too specialized for low nic/high vapour and as a result, was having a hell of a time quitting again.

I grabbed the Spryte expecting it to be a transition device, but Nic Salts are a bloody revelation to me and I honestly have no present desire to move back to the nice stuff.

Tiny, economical, and a decent performer, but at the end of the day it's a glorified pen style device, so it's pretty hard to get truly excited about. A few minor gripes:

- drip tip is super comfortable but as mentioned, is prone to trapping condensation. I also use the "flick" method above to help keep the thing clear and gurgle-free. *note I have had ZERO leaking, just gurgling from the condensate.
- the angled styling looks nice in marketing photos. It's just plain annoying in use.
- I'd love a higher capacity battery, but this is a minor thing since an extra unit is cheap and it otherwise charges completely in an hour, and has vape-n-charge capability.

All in all I'd say it's the move to nic salts that has me excited here, but the Spryte has been totally solid with regular, heavy use for the last week and I haven't had a single issue whatsoever. This is an easy device to recommend.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hmm… doesn't ring a bell. The only thing I've noticed is the warmth of the vape (for those little bvcs).

Tried washing the tank? I bought a couple of older tanks recently (as in sitting around for a couple of years). One of them had the most foul taste on first use, but a good wash fixed it.

Can you stick the coil in e.g. a K1 and compare that way?

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Breeze decreases it's power as the battery discharge. Coil last for 2 - 3 weeks, which it is unusual for me.
The Spryte is 12 Watts independent from the charge level. Plus, the LED is truly visible. And the coils are a longstanding classic from Aspire, very easy to find, but they last around one week.

These:
15376305933181752504000.jpg

I am using both. I may retire the Breeze if the coils become hard to find here.
Enjoy vaping those...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread